New to Investing in Maryland

New to Investing in Maryland

Member since 2021 · 4 posts · 0 votes

I am new to investing and looking to connect with people in Maryland.  I live in Harford County (Fallston/Belair).  I am looking to phase out of my current profession in 2-3 years and am initially looking to flip properties and eventually get involved with income properties/multi-family.

0Reply
37 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Colorado Springs · Member since 2016 · 234 posts · 150 votes
5y

Welcome to BiggerPockets, Dan!

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Colorado Springs · Member since 2016 · 234 posts · 150 votes
    5y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets, Dan!

  • Realtor · Austin, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets @Daniel Cocks! Glad to have you and I look forward to hearing about your REI successes in the future

  • Realtor · Harford County, MD · Member since 2020 · 118 posts · 33 votes
    5y

    @Daniel Cocks

    Welcome! I am in Harford County as well! I have found some great properties in Harford, Baltimore and cecil county, both as flips and rentals. Do you have a specific location you are looking for? Have you created your team? There are a ton of great resources in this area!

  • Ozzy SirimsiBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 782 votes
    5y

    Welcome to BP and Investing!!!

    Definitely ask questions, get involved, there are many experienced investor here from MD, you will find your answer.

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    5y

    @Daniel Cocks welcome to BP.. There is a strong community of baltimore region investors here on BP. If you create a "keyword alert" for your area you will be notified whenever it is mentioned in a post. 

  • Member since 2021 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    @Ned Carey how do I add a keyword alert? I would love to pick your brain about taxes in relation to investing.

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    5y

    @Daniel Cocks go to your profile and then settings, they click "alerts" at the tip menu.

    The IRS has lots of free booklets about taxes. There are ones aimed specifically at businesses. 
    That is how I learned a lot about taxation.

    Of course it is good to work with a top accountant but if you don't know anything about taxes you won't know what information to give him or what questions to ask. I am a big fan of my accountant Jeffrey Stoller, also Ebere Okoye is also good with real estate. either should be easy to look up.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.