New Investor In Florida!

New Investor In Florida!

New to Real Estate · Parrish, FL · Member since 2021 · 25 posts · 14 votes

Hi BP crew! My name is Anna! I am completely new to real estate investing, but first I'll give a quick background and what I am projecting to complete with my journey on real estate. 

I currently am a personal trainer and a momma of 2 young children. I had chosen to stay home with our first child for a year, although when baby #2 came along, I had to make a decision on working full time or moving for help with family and working part time.  I hated that those where my only two options in life and the fact that the past year I had to rely on my fiance for all finances since I wasn't working. 

I made the decision to invest into real estate In Dec 2020, and since then have paid off $10,000 of debt, read 5 books on real estate, have been researching houses, driving through neighborhoods, starting to set up a team,  and listening to every podcast I can get my hands on through BP. 

Now, my next step is actually getting my hands wet....purching my first deal. 

I am SURE there is more that I need to do prior to my first rental, but no better way than to get started. I don't want analysis paralysis! I want to make a move to becoming financially fit one step at a time. 

So, my outreach is to connect with anyone in Florida and for any tips for new to investing.

Thank you for taking the time to read my new member introduction and I look forward to hopefully connecting with many others!! 

6Reply
47 views

Most Popular Reply

Lender · Tampa/St. Petersburg/Sarasota FL and Knoxville/Sevierville/Maryville, TN · Member since 2018 · 361 posts · 178 votes
5y

Hi Anna!! Welcome I work over in Tampa Bay! Happy to connect and help in any way I can

See this reply in the discussion

30 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Lake Worth, FL · Member since 2016 · 233 posts · 140 votes
    5y

    @Anna Neal You're right, best way to learn is by doing. I'm in palm beach county. Happy to connect with you.

  • Lender · Tampa/St. Petersburg/Sarasota FL and Knoxville/Sevierville/Maryville, TN · Member since 2018 · 361 posts · 178 votes
    5y

    Hi Anna!! Welcome I work over in Tampa Bay! Happy to connect and help in any way I can

  • Real Estate Broker | Investor | Property Manager · Plantation, FL · Member since 2015 · 228 posts · 68 votes
    5y

    @Anna Neal Hi Anna! I know the areas covering Palm Beaches, Ft. Lauderdale Metro and Miami Metro areas. Sounds like your well on your way to good things!

  • Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2013 · 377 posts · 258 votes
    5y

    Welcome to The BP Family and congrats on taking the leap

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Anna Neal:

    Hi BP crew! My name is Anna! I am completely new to real estate investing, but first I'll give a quick background and what I am projecting to complete with my journey on real estate. 

    I currently am a personal trainer and a momma of 2 young children. I had chosen to stay home with our first child for a year, although when baby #2 came along, I had to make a decision on working full time or moving for help with family and working part time.  I hated that those where my only two options in life and the fact that the past year I had to rely on my fiance for all finances since I wasn't working. 

    I made the decision to invest into real estate In Dec 2020, and since then have paid off $10,000 of debt, read 5 books on real estate, have been researching houses, driving through neighborhoods, starting to set up a team,  and listening to every podcast I can get my hands on through BP. 

    Now, my next step is actually getting my hands wet....purching my first deal. 

    I am SURE there is more that I need to do prior to my first rental, but no better way than to get started. I don't want analysis paralysis! I want to make a move to becoming financially fit one step at a time. 

    So, my outreach is to connect with anyone in Florida and for any tips for new to investing.

    Thank you for taking the time to read my new member introduction and I look forward to hopefully connecting with many others!! 

    Anna, great to have you!

  • Real Estate Broker · Palm Bay, FL · Member since 2017 · 175 posts · 89 votes
    5y

    Hello and Welcome to Bigger Pockets! I am over in the Central FL / Brevard County Area and would love to connect. We have a few decent deals that are around currently, and I have a couple of BP members under contract on a few properties.

  • Julio GonzalezPro Member
    Specialist · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets, Anna! You found the right place for information.

    -Julio

  • Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2015 · 353 posts · 269 votes
    5y

    @Anna Neal hello and welcome! I am currently buy and hold investing in Jacksonville Florida small multifamily and Melbourne Florida (Brevard County) single family rentals. We typically cash flow about $400 per property in those areas per month after PITI and reserves set aside. Feel free to reach out with any questions if you need anything and I will see if I can help out.

  • Real Estate Broker · Naples, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    5y

    I am happy to help. I have been investing for years and recently opened a brokerage. If you wish, you can access the MLS listings on my site wealthrealtyandpropertymanagement.com. Feel free to ask questions.

  • New to Real Estate · Parrish, FL · Member since 2021 · 25 posts · 14 votes
    5y

    @Ken Naim

    I have a potential property that I am zoning into currently as we speak in Sarasota County. 
    I would be delighted to connect with you!

  • New to Real Estate · Parrish, FL · Member since 2021 · 25 posts · 14 votes
    5y

    @Katherine Blazer I would be delighted to connect with you! BP recommends talking to a few lenders definitely when getting started.  

  • New to Real Estate · Parrish, FL · Member since 2021 · 25 posts · 14 votes
    5y

    @Kevin Kohler thank you so much! I am currently pursuing a rental property in Sarasota County as we speak!

  • New to Real Estate · Parrish, FL · Member since 2021 · 25 posts · 14 votes
    5y

    @Timothy Lewis Thank you! I am excited and nervous all in one!

  • New to Real Estate · Parrish, FL · Member since 2021 · 25 posts · 14 votes
    5y

    @Dmitriy Fomichenko Thank you! I am excited and overly nervous for the possibility of my first investment!!! I look forward to connecting with you in the future!

  • New to Real Estate · Parrish, FL · Member since 2021 · 25 posts · 14 votes
    5y

    @Dwayne Byrd Thank you! I am currently perusing a rental property in Sarasota County as we speak! I would be grateful to be able to connect with you!

  • New to Real Estate · Parrish, FL · Member since 2021 · 25 posts · 14 votes
    5y

    @Julio Gonzalez Thank you! I am looking forward to taking the next step into real estate investing!

  • New to Real Estate · Parrish, FL · Member since 2021 · 25 posts · 14 votes
    5y

    @Matt Leber Wow, apparently you are a man I need in my life! That is amazing. I do have questions and will definitely reach out!  Thank you so much! I greatly appreciate it!

  • New to Real Estate · Parrish, FL · Member since 2021 · 25 posts · 14 votes
    5y

    @John Thedford Thank you so much for the information!  I am currently pursuing a rental property in Sarasota County as we speak. 

  • Member since 2021 · 20 posts · 19 votes
    5y

    @Anna Neal, wish you the best Anna. As a Mom of two, I know how you are feeling (with working, not working, sacrificing, wanting to make money, etc.). I grew up in FL and would love to move back one day (preferably the west coast). I had friends invest in a condo in Venice Beach, FL and they are doing short term rentals... they are booked solid until next year. I hear Siesta Key is amazing. FL is doing great right now and many people are moving there. Wishing you well in this new journey!

  • New to Real Estate · Parrish, FL · Member since 2021 · 25 posts · 14 votes
    5y

    @Jennifer Escobar I am so glad to know that I am not lonely in the mom department! I have been up late at night and early mornings to try to get any learning and experience in that I can!  Yes, the research I have been doing shows FL is a great place with current and foreseeable investments.  Thank you for the welcome and I look forward to connecting with you! 

  • Member since 2021 · 20 posts · 19 votes
    5y

    @Katherine Blazer hi Katherine, my dream is to move to the Tampa area in the next few years. I grew up in South FL and have visited Tampa many times. Now, we just have to wait for the right job opportunities. What areas would you suggest living in - in the Tampa area? I have friends in South Tampa but know it can be pricey and smaller/older homes. I also know Lutz is more affordable but kind of far. My goal would be to be in an excellent school district (priority) and not too far from the city. I think Tampa would be great to raise the kids as there is lots to do, sports teams, the beach, etc. Thoughts? I would appreciate it... as I mentioned, I only know Tampa from a visitor's perspective. 

  • Investor · Lake Worth, FL · Member since 2016 · 233 posts · 140 votes
    5y

    @Anna Neal will send you a dm to connect

  • Chris MartinPro Member
    Realtor · Holiday, FL · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 6 votes
    5y

    @Jennifer Escobar We moved from CA to Lutz in 2015 and never looked back. We had spent a week in Tampa before moving and found our house on Zillow and got it under contract sight unseen. Don't be afraid. You will never find the "right" house or "right" area. My advice: get your kids to the right schools and find a place without an HOA or deed restrictions (so some old bitty won't be up your butt every other day) and start making the life you want.

  • Member since 2021 · 20 posts · 19 votes
    5y

    @Chris Martin thanks Chris! We moved from San Diego, CA to San Antonio over 1.5 years ago, but I really do miss the beach and CA and/or FL life style! FL is the more affordable option when compared to CA. I know people love TX but I am a beach person at heart! I will reach out if anything. Appreciate the input. 

  • Lender · Tampa/St. Petersburg/Sarasota FL and Knoxville/Sevierville/Maryville, TN · Member since 2018 · 361 posts · 178 votes
    5y
    There are a lot of great areas around Tampa depending on what your family, lifestyle, and budget are like. I have friends with young families in Seminal Heights Tampa and they love it. I personally love St Petersburg, it's more of my speed. I also loved living in Sarasota.

    Originally posted by @Jennifer Escobar:

    @Katherine Blazer hi Katherine, my dream is to move to the Tampa area in the next few years. I grew up in South FL and have visited Tampa many times. Now, we just have to wait for the right job opportunities. What areas would you suggest living in - in the Tampa area? I have friends in South Tampa but know it can be pricey and smaller/older homes. I also know Lutz is more affordable but kind of far. My goal would be to be in an excellent school district (priority) and not too far from the city. I think Tampa would be great to raise the kids as there is lots to do, sports teams, the beach, etc. Thoughts? I would appreciate it... as I mentioned, I only know Tampa from a visitor's perspective. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.