New Investor In Florida!

New Investor In Florida!

New to Real Estate · Parrish, FL · Member since 2021 · 25 posts · 14 votes

Hi BP crew! My name is Anna! I am completely new to real estate investing, but first I'll give a quick background and what I am projecting to complete with my journey on real estate. 

I currently am a personal trainer and a momma of 2 young children. I had chosen to stay home with our first child for a year, although when baby #2 came along, I had to make a decision on working full time or moving for help with family and working part time.  I hated that those where my only two options in life and the fact that the past year I had to rely on my fiance for all finances since I wasn't working. 

I made the decision to invest into real estate In Dec 2020, and since then have paid off $10,000 of debt, read 5 books on real estate, have been researching houses, driving through neighborhoods, starting to set up a team,  and listening to every podcast I can get my hands on through BP. 

Now, my next step is actually getting my hands wet....purching my first deal. 

I am SURE there is more that I need to do prior to my first rental, but no better way than to get started. I don't want analysis paralysis! I want to make a move to becoming financially fit one step at a time. 

So, my outreach is to connect with anyone in Florida and for any tips for new to investing.

Thank you for taking the time to read my new member introduction and I look forward to hopefully connecting with many others!! 

6Reply
40 views

Most Popular Reply

Lender · Tampa/St. Petersburg/Sarasota FL and Knoxville/Sevierville/Maryville, TN · Member since 2018 · 361 posts · 178 votes
5y

Hi Anna!! Welcome I work over in Tampa Bay! Happy to connect and help in any way I can

See this reply in the discussion

30 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Greater Tampa Bay · Member since 2014 · 218 posts · 130 votes
    5y
    @Jennifer Escobar

    hi Katherine, my dream is to move to the Tampa area in the next few years. I grew up in South FL and have visited Tampa many times. Now, we just have to wait for the right job opportunities. What areas would you suggest living in - in the Tampa area? I have friends in South Tampa but know it can be pricey and smaller/older homes. I also know Lutz is more affordable but kind of far. My goal would be to be in an excellent school district (priority) and not too far from the city. I think Tampa would be great to raise the kids as there is lots to do, sports teams, the beach, etc. Thoughts? I would appreciate it... as I mentioned, I only know Tampa from a visitor's perspective. 

    Lutz, Land O Lakes, Wesley Chapel, New Tampa, Carrolwood, Westchase + would need some more details to help pinpoint a good location for you. 

  • Realtor · Greater Tampa Bay · Member since 2014 · 218 posts · 130 votes
    5y

    @Anna Neal

    If your search moves up north a little bit to the Tampa area, I can help analyze! Any questions, reach out!

  • Member since 2021 · 20 posts · 19 votes
    5y

    @Dillon Cook thanks Dillon. I will reach out if anything. Appreciate it. 

  • New to Real Estate · Parrish, FL · Member since 2021 · 25 posts · 14 votes
    5y

    @Dillon Cook That sounds wonderful! I would like to dive into St. Petersburg for sure and am open to Tampa area.  I will be self managing for the first rental as well as possible future ones, so I would like to stay within an hour drive if I will be self managing. If the numbers work out to have property management, then I have no problem expanding further!

    Thank you!

  • Jorge VazquezBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Tampa, FL · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 685 votes
    5y

    I would check out Tampa. I have been investing in Tampa for the past 20 years.

    Tampa continues to rank as one of the best cities in the U.S. for real estate investing, with a booming economy and robust job growth, along with affordable investment properties featuring generous cash flow and equity growth.

    Here are 5 top reasons why Metro Tampa Bay is one of the strongest real estate markets for real estate investing in the country. They include:

    Growing Economy

    Job Growth

    Population Growth

    Investment Property Affordability

    Cash Flow and Equity Growth

    Growing Economy

    Whatever you do always stress test your properties to make sure they can survive any downturn cycles of the real estate market. 

    Graystone Investment Group4.6271 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.