Las Vegas/SoCal newbie seeking investing help!

6 Replies

Hey everyone. My name is Tre, and I’m a 24 year-old film producer/editor currently living in Las Vegas, but relocating to Irvine, CA in July. I work a 9-5 corporate job, and for the past 1-2 years I’ve been thinking about real estate investing non-stop because simply put, my job isn’t enough for me. As of now I’m mostly interested in out-of-state residential properties simply because of how expensive CA is.

I’ve been watching youtube videos, listening to podcasts, and reading as much as I can which is how I came across Bigger Pockets. As much content as I’ve watched and read, I’m not fully confident to start my journey and that’s why I’m here, to gain more knowledge, and if given the opportunity gain experience helping anyone with their own projects!

If you’re a local investor, I will drive you to your meetings or properties, get your lunch, or do whatever I need to so that I can continue to grow and learn. If you’re not local, send me a message or email, reply here, or let’s jump on a phone call. Any help, guidance, or mentorship is heavily appreciated. So, if you feel like helping me on my journey, or maybe want to give a new investor some advice, please feel free to reach out.

Thank you all!

Originally posted by @Tre Irvin :

Hey everyone. My name is Tre, and I’m a 24 year-old film producer/editor currently living in Las Vegas, but relocating to Irvine, CA in July. I work a 9-5 corporate job, and for the past 1-2 years I’ve been thinking about real estate investing non-stop because simply put, my job isn’t enough for me. As of now I’m mostly interested in out-of-state residential properties simply because of how expensive CA is.

I’ve been watching youtube videos, listening to podcasts, and reading as much as I can which is how I came across Bigger Pockets. As much content as I’ve watched and read, I’m not fully confident to start my journey and that’s why I’m here, to gain more knowledge, and if given the opportunity gain experience helping anyone with their own projects!

If you’re a local investor, I will drive you to your meetings or properties, get your lunch, or do whatever I need to so that I can continue to grow and learn. If you’re not local, send me a message or email, reply here, or let’s jump on a phone call. Any help, guidance, or mentorship is heavily appreciated. So, if you feel like helping me on my journey, or maybe want to give a new investor some advice, please feel free to reach out.

Thank you all!

You are in a good company Tre!

Hey Tre, welcome! and congrats for getting in early!

BiggerPockets is a great place to learn because of all the like minded inviduals. It is good that you are highly motivated because you will need that drive to keep going. Once you get your first property it will be hard to look back. 

Do you want to be more hands on or hands off? If you want to be more hands off, take a look into turnkeys. I started off with my first turnkey this year and it led me to other things. 

Feel free to ask any questions

@Joseph Vu Thanks Joseph, at first I wouldn't mind being more hands off as I build my cash flow. I'll go ahead and take a look at turnkey properties. Also, I'll send you a connect invite, so I can reach out with any questions. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you