Investing Newbie in Atlanta, GA

Investing Newbie in Atlanta, GA

Rental Property Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2021 · 16 posts · 5 votes

Hey y'all! My name is Josie. I'm a mom of a spicy 11 yr old. I've been in Atlanta since 2001 and have been in my home for almost 9 years. I've been getting the itch to move and finding BiggerPockets has shown me a more creative way to move and invest. 

I'm a Technical Analyst with dreams of being financially free by 55(20 yrs from now) and with house hacking and RE investing I believe I could do it in half the time. I found out about BiggerPockets while falling down the YouTube rabbit hole about investing in real estate. 

I look forward to connecting, learning and sharing as I embrace the journey. 

1Reply
12 views

Most Popular Reply

Bill HamptonBusiness Member
Accredited Investment Fiduciary, AIF®, Financial Planner, Tax Strategist, Real Estate Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 977 votes
5y

Josie, welcome to Bigger Pockets. 

Check out the Georgia Real Estate Investors Association for local networking and education. 

Good luck and let me know if I can be of assistance. 

Hampton Tax and Financial Services LLC4.7106 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Bill HamptonBusiness Member
    Accredited Investment Fiduciary, AIF®, Financial Planner, Tax Strategist, Real Estate Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 977 votes
    5y

    Josie, welcome to Bigger Pockets. 

    Check out the Georgia Real Estate Investors Association for local networking and education. 

    Good luck and let me know if I can be of assistance. 

    Hampton Tax and Financial Services LLC4.7106 Reviews
  • Julio GonzalezPro Member
    Specialist · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    Hi Josie, welcome to the community! There is a great group of members on here to connect with.

    -Julio

  • Rental Property Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2021 · 16 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    Thank you guys! @Bill Hampton I'll be sure to check it out.

  • Brenden MitchumBusiness Member
    Rental Property Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 872 votes
    5y

    Hey @Josie Kelley welcome to the BP community!

    Might I suggest two main focuses for you right now: 1. Education & 2. Networking. Do as much of both of these as you possibly can, but doubly focus on that first one until you have a solid foundation. Also, you may want to read the House Hack Strategy by Craig Curelop if you're looking for a creative way to move in the near future. 

    And please, feel free to reach out to me anytime you have questions or just want to chat about RE and the ATL market!

  • Rental Property Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2021 · 16 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    Thanks @Brenden Mitchum! Yes! The book is actually in my cart on Amazon! LOL! I'm giving myself a year to get my knowledge up so I can start making moves in 2022. 

    I will most definitely take you up on your offer!

  • Brenden MitchumBusiness Member
    Rental Property Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 872 votes
    5y

    @Josie Kelley - That is an excellent plan! 

    Definitely reach out anytime! Happy to make book recommendations too, if you need 'em.

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Josie Kelley:

    Hey y'all! My name is Josie. I'm a mom of a spicy 11 yr old. I've been in Atlanta since 2001 and have been in my home for almost 9 years. I've been getting the itch to move and finding BiggerPockets has shown me a more creative way to move and invest. 

    I'm a Technical Analyst with dreams of being financially free by 55(20 yrs from now) and with house hacking and RE investing I believe I could do it in half the time. I found out about BiggerPockets while falling down the YouTube rabbit hole about investing in real estate. 

    I look forward to connecting, learning and sharing as I embrace the journey. 

     Josie, awesome that you joined!

  • Rental Property Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2021 · 16 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    Thank you @Dmitriy Fomichenko! Glad to be here!

  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    5y

    Welcome aboard Josie!

  • Member since 2021 · 42 posts · 13 votes
    5y

    Welcome my fellow newbie! Here's to financial freedom!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.