Owner getting house back after it's bought in a tax lien?

Owner getting house back after it's bought in a tax lien?

Investor · Fredericksburg, VA · Member since 2019 · 37 posts · 17 votes

Hey Florida investors...please remind me what it's called when an owner loses his house in a tax lien and then has a period of time to pay the taxes and get it back.  It's sort of like a "making good on my taxes" allowance. Can it be sold to someone else during that time?  If so, can the owner still reclaim it? Thanks much!

0Reply
15 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2017 · 59 posts · 34 votes
    5y

    Hi @Suzanne Ludlum,

    I am not familiar with Florida's RE laws, however I found your question really interesting. Is what your talking about called the 'Redemption Period'? I started 'googling' around and found some interesting information about Florida's status as a both a tax deed and tax lien state. I found a number of websites, but this LINK (nolo.com) explained it relatively well! Good luck!

  • Investor · Fredericksburg, VA · Member since 2019 · 37 posts · 17 votes
    5y

    Thanks for the link.  Yes, that's the term I was looking for (redemption period).

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.