New member from Sunny San Diego, Ca! Don't be jealous;P

New member from Sunny San Diego, Ca! Don't be jealous;P

Developer · Detroit, MI · Member since 2013 · 86 posts · 23 votes

Hello everybody. I am new to this forum and grateful that I found BP. I was born in the Philippines and lived in San Diego since I was 4 years old and now I am 29. I just got out of the Navy after serving 10 1/2 years honorably. Some people ask me why I got out when I was halfway towards retirement....and that question is easily answered. I got out of the military because I was ready for a change. I don't knock the military. It gave me the discipline and guidance I needed in life. But now I am ready to take on bigger challenges....So now I am here. I started my wholesale business this past April and of course things are taking time to find my first deal, but as said before in different forms..."Nobody said it was going to be easy, but it will be worth it". So I can feel a wholesale deal coming closer and closer...I am just starting to find my niche and I am coming out of my shell and just taking action to make moves towards my next lead. Ultimately, my main goal is to acquire a great deal of knowledge in REI while building a strong portfolio so I can get into MFH. Along that way, because I am talkative and friendly, I hope to build long term relationships within the REI community.

0Reply
24 views

Most Popular Reply

Lexington, KY · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
13y

Welcome Jeff. I fully understand your getting out of the military, I just left AD Air Force last summer for the same reasons. No regrets at all, but I was ready to move on. Thanks for your service!

See this reply in the discussion

21 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Macomb, MI · Member since 2013 · 654 posts · 115 votes
    13y

    Welcome to BP Jeffrey Rollon. I am still new ( 2 years ) as well. I currently hold rental properties but also am starting to learn the wholesalse side of things to build capital.

    You are definitely right about it not being easy. All the guru's who claim that wholesaling is easy and no money involved.... COMPLETE BS. You need to market and market well in order to grow a successful wholesale business. You need to be able to talk with people (as you mentioned you already are good at). You need to build good rapports, be honest, and want to help people with their situation not just want to make money.

    If you want it bad enough it will happen. I know that first hand. So I wish you the best on your venture. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me and I will try to answer the best I can.

  • Lexington, KY · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    13y

    Welcome Jeff. I fully understand your getting out of the military, I just left AD Air Force last summer for the same reasons. No regrets at all, but I was ready to move on. Thanks for your service!

  • San Diego, CA · Member since 2013 · 55 posts · 12 votes
    13y

    Welcome Jeffrey, I'm new to BP and in SD as well, as well as a former Marine who did 8 years before going to school...so I feel ya, haha. Using more of a buy and hold strategy, but It's good to see some more inhabitants of America's Finest City...and yes, they're all jealous, haha. Best of luck brother!

  • San Diego, CA · Member since 2013 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    13y

    Keep moving forward and that deal will come, I to live in San Diego. Lets make it happen. Shade

  • Karen MargraveBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    13y

    Welcome to BP! Thank you for your service. 10 1/2 years is a long time. Looks like you have good company in San Diego, maybe you guys should put together a meetup! There's several of you down there that are all in similar stages of your real estate investing careers.

  • Developer · Detroit, MI · Member since 2013 · 86 posts · 23 votes
    13y

    Thanks for the welcome everybody. I hope we can all become well acquainted, even on here. As for local San Diego investors, I think that's a great idea if we coordinated a happy hour get together or something. Never know when we could use a helping hand, even with other things that may not be business related. I believe the saying along the lines of "Surround yourself with successful people"..etc...

  • San Diego, CA · Member since 2013 · 55 posts · 12 votes
    13y

    Jeffrey (et alia),

    I'll be at the San Diego Investment Club Meeting in Del Mar on the 1st. Here's the link: http://www.meetup.com/FIBI-San-Diego-Investment-Club/events/123210082/

  • Developer · Detroit, MI · Member since 2013 · 86 posts · 23 votes
    13y

    Definitely look forward to that meet up. I am already RSVP'ed as well. See you there!

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y

    Hey Jeffrey Rollon welcome to the site! I am jealous - you live in my favorite area on earth! (well... it's a toss up between San Diego and Hawaii!)

  • Developer · Detroit, MI · Member since 2013 · 86 posts · 23 votes
    13y

    @Brandon Turner I definitely would love to live in Hawaii as well and be one of those permanent vacationers someday haha. I have only been in Hawaii once and would love to take my girlfriend there for a trip as well. If you like Hawaii, I'll tell ya, one place you should go is Brazil! I've been there and that place is definitely a step ahead of Hawaii in my opinion.

  • Ewa Beach, HI · Member since 2013 · 145 posts · 42 votes
    13y

    I just left the AD Air Force too. Exactly, time for a change to go after bigger and better things! Good Luck to you. I'm originally from Riverside CA, close to San D but now live on Oahu, HI!! lol

  • Developer · Detroit, MI · Member since 2013 · 86 posts · 23 votes
    13y

    Thanks and same to you. My parent's reside in Riverside county, in Temecula. I hate the weather in that direction. Drains the life right out of you.

  • Michael BorgerPro Member
    Rehabber · San Diego, CA · Member since 2010 · 500 posts · 208 votes
    13y

    I'm with Brandon Turner. I'm actually leaving San Diego this morning to go back home to Honolulu. Both are great places!

  • Real Estate Agent · Brea, CA · Member since 2013 · 20 posts · 16 votes
    13y

    Be sure to check out Bill Tan's investor's meeting in San Diego. It's one of the best. You'll find in on Meetup. com.

  • Developer · Detroit, MI · Member since 2013 · 86 posts · 23 votes
    13y

    Michael Borger I agree...both places are great. I wanna go back and not have a timeline of when I have to come back home. Hence, the reason I have such high ambitions in REI.

    Danny Bower I have been to only one SDCIA meeting of Bill Tan's back in April. It made a big impression on me. I actually came on a good night when David Lindahl was the guest speaker. It's so crazy hearing his story and how he started REI at 26 years old, and not even 15 years later he owns over 7,500 units?!!! Some of you REIs are definitely Big Time and have given me some new ambitions. I'm glad I had time to grow up before I realized my calling in REI. Back a few years ago, I wouldn't have had the determination and drive I do now.

  • Whittier, CA · Member since 2013 · 11 posts · 1 vote
    13y

    Hello from Los Angeles, thank you for your service. Good luck!

  • Developer · Detroit, MI · Member since 2013 · 86 posts · 23 votes
    13y

    Thanks @Peder Moore. LA, huh? It's been almost a year since I been to Roscoe's haha.

  • Brett SynickyPro Member
    Solo 401k and SDIRA Consultant · Orange, CA · Member since 2013 · 873 posts · 498 votes
    13y

    Welcome @jeffery rollon! Salamat po for your service to our country! I also live in sunny so cal so we should definitely stay in touch! Btw you should check out Reggie Lal. He does weekly REIA meetings in SD. Pretty good too. He's mostly into flipping but they talk about everything.

    Take care and good luck!

  • Real Estate Agent · Milwaukee County, WI · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 525 votes
    13y

    Jeffrey midwest welcome to biggerpockets

  • Developer · Detroit, MI · Member since 2013 · 86 posts · 23 votes
    13y

    Brett Synicky...Thanks for the good advice. I will look him up. I would like to know more local REIs and network regularly with them. As they say, surround your self with successful people.

    Jenkins Ramon Thanks. Hope business is going well for you. Have a great weekend.

  • Real Estate Agent · Milwaukee County, WI · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 525 votes
    13y

    Jeffrey Rollon, thanks for asking

    Things seem really busy down here currently

    I have two open houses on Saturday and Sunday
    Steadily trying locating good properties for other investors

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.