Newbee in the house! Need advice for an online bid

Newbee in the house! Need advice for an online bid

Member since 2021 · 5 posts · 0 votes


Hello everybody!

I am very interested in an opportunity to purchase a 72 unit storage complex that has a NOI of about $55,000 per year, that number also includes property taxes and insurance. This complex has great buildings that are very well taken care of and is 100 percent occupied; it is also located in a great location near lakes and a highway for advertising.

Any advice on how to come up with a top end bid that will win me the this opportunity while still being able to make a good profit?

0Reply
18 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Greg ScottPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · SE Michigan · Member since 2014 · 4k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    4y

    Do you know what typical Cap Rates are for that type of product in your area?   If you don't know typical Cap Rate, I'd encourage you to pause on your online bid.

    FWIW, I never believe anyone that says it is 100% occupied and NOI, by definition, should include taxes and insurance.

  • Member since 2021 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    Greg, thank you very much for your response!

    I currently do not know the typical Cap Rate for this type of product in my area.  I will need to try to figure that out; is there an accurate way to go about finding the typical cap rates for certain areas?

    I am also skeptical of the 100% occupied pitch. The NOI that they have posted seems like it does not include all of the actual expenses. I will need to do some more digging on getting to the actual NOI.

    Again, I greatly appreciate your response.

  • Julio GonzalezPro Member
    Specialist · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    Hi Eric, you found the right place for information. Hope you find what you're looking for here!

  • Member since 2021 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    4y
    Thank you, Julio! It sure feels like I found the right place for information.  Have a Great Day!
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.