Miami / S. Florida Meet Up

Miami / S. Florida Meet Up

Carlos RoviraBusiness Member
Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2015 · 329 posts · 124 votes

Does anyone know if there is a BP Meet Up in Miami / S. Florida? If not, is anyone interested in helping me organize one in the next couple of months? I think it'd be a great thing to do.

0Reply
161 views

Most Popular Reply

Realtor/Investor · Ft Lauderdale/ Miami Florida · Member since 2015 · 311 posts · 104 votes
11y

October 14 is the date for our next meet up. Location coming soon. We will be trading off locations. Last one was in Kendall this one will be a little more north and the next will be in Broward county. I will be setting Uo a poll to get an idea of how many people we have in each county and what cities you are in, this will allow for me to keep the better locations in mind. 

See this reply in the discussion

144 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2013 · 807 posts · 475 votes
    11y
    Carlos Rovira or David Ocon are you going to prepare a little slideshow presentation and talk for everyone??
  • Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2014 · 25 posts · 10 votes
    11y

    Lets meet up in Weston this Thursday at 7pm. I have a place we can use.

  • Real Estate Investor · Sunny Isles Beach, FL · Member since 2013 · 788 posts · 333 votes
    11y

    @Carlos Rovira I just called Total Wine & More - each location has a good size room for private events. There is NO charge for the room, and there are several locations in South Florida.

  • Real Estate Investor · Sunny Isles Beach, FL · Member since 2013 · 788 posts · 333 votes
    11y

    Sorry for the double post. Forgot to include info for booking the room - you can email them at: [email protected]

  • Carlos RoviraBusiness Member
    OP
    Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2015 · 329 posts · 124 votes
    11y

    I'm down with the Total Wine room. Not sure a talk is necessary. Maybe just a social event? How are the other BP events around the US structured?

  • Rental Property Investor · Miami/Jacksonville Fl · Member since 2014 · 75 posts · 41 votes
    11y

    I'm interested, I've got experience as a rehabber and currently manage 25 units, a mix of single family and multifamily units . Looking to expand and would love the idea of meeting other individuals investing in real estate. When is the meet up? I would also love to help and support the meet up. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Miami/Jacksonville Fl · Member since 2014 · 75 posts · 41 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Carlos Rovira:

    I'm down with the Total Wine room. Not sure a talk is necessary. Maybe just a social event? How are the other BP events around the US structured?

     Is there a meet up soon? Please advise 

  • Carlos RoviraBusiness Member
    OP
    Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2015 · 329 posts · 124 votes
    11y

    I'll go ahead and book the Total Wine room. There is the Town and Country one and Pinecrest. Which is preferable?

  • CORAL SPRINGS, FL · Member since 2015 · 15 posts · 3 votes
    11y
    I am interested. Any Weekday evenings or weekend will work.
  • Investor · Miami Beach, FL · Member since 2015 · 175 posts · 82 votes
    11y

    @Carlos R

    I can see if my condo building on South Beach (its a large building) would be open to letting me use one of their conference rooms....worth a shot just to ask?

    @Carlos Roviraundefined

  • Carlos RoviraBusiness Member
    OP
    Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2015 · 329 posts · 124 votes
    11y

    @David O.Ok I'll wait for you to confirm that before going the Total wine route. 

  • Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2013 · 807 posts · 475 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @David O.:

    @Carlos R

    I can see if my condo building on South Beach (its a large building) would be open to letting me use one of their conference rooms....worth a shot just to ask?

    @Carlos Roviraundefined

     That sounds great.

  • New to Real Estate · Virginia Beach, VA · Member since 2015 · 34 posts · 6 votes
    11y
    I'd be interested as well
  • Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2013 · 49 posts · 7 votes
    11y

    If we do go with Total Wine any location is fine, although Town and Country isn't as far south so it may be better if we have people traveling from the north end.

  • Investor · Miami Beach, FL · Member since 2015 · 175 posts · 82 votes
    11y

    @Carlos Rovira

    I finally got an answer from the condo association and they basically said no, that those rooms are for official board meetings or official condominium sponsored events and whatnot.  It is a strict building, so I guess go ahead and book the Total Wine would be better. 

  • Carlos RoviraBusiness Member
    OP
    Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2015 · 329 posts · 124 votes
    11y

    Alright, I'll book the T&C Total Wine. Keep you all posted. Gonna shoot for late August. 

  • Carlos RoviraBusiness Member
    OP
    Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2015 · 329 posts · 124 votes
    11y

    The Total Wine room has a capacity of max 45 people. What do you all think? Is that enough?

  • Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2013 · 49 posts · 7 votes
    11y

    I think that's enough. If everyone who posts on this thread shows up it'll be 20-30 people. So we would only hit the max if we have lots of lurkers. So if you are lurking please post. ;-)

  • Rental Property Investor · Miami/Jacksonville Fl · Member since 2014 · 75 posts · 41 votes
    11y

    I'll definitely be there, looking forward to it. 

  • Carlos RoviraBusiness Member
    OP
    Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2015 · 329 posts · 124 votes
    11y

    Alright, I created a sign up form:
    http://bit.ly/1I4EhwB

    Please sign up if you're interested. I requested the Total Wine room at Town & Country. I am waiting to hear back but chose August 25th, 6:30 PM as my first choice (Aug 24 Second Choice and Aug 18 Third Choice).

    Once I have a final date, I will post a new topic on the forums with more definite info. 

  • Real Estate Investor · Sunny Isles Beach, FL · Member since 2013 · 788 posts · 333 votes
    11y

    @Carlos Rovira - please post on this thread as well once we have a final date, as several of us are probably following this thread for updates.

  • Realtor/Investor · Ft Lauderdale/ Miami Florida · Member since 2015 · 311 posts · 104 votes
    11y

    I should have clicked follow on this a while back! I thought I did, okay thanks.

  • Hollywood, FL · Member since 2015 · 13 posts · 4 votes
    11y

    Carlos just as a reminder August 24th is the first day back to school and it usually tends to be a little hectic that week.  Looking forward to the meeting.

    @Carlos Roviraundefined

  • REALTOR, Investor, and Rehab Expert · Miami Beach, FL · Member since 2015 · 196 posts · 74 votes
    11y

    Perfect. Count me in! 

    @Carlos Rovira Let me know if you need a hand on anything related.

  • Realtor/Investor · Ft Lauderdale/ Miami Florida · Member since 2015 · 311 posts · 104 votes
    11y

    Let me know if you need help.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.