Miami / S. Florida Meet Up

Miami / S. Florida Meet Up

Carlos RoviraBusiness Member
Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2015 · 329 posts · 124 votes

Does anyone know if there is a BP Meet Up in Miami / S. Florida? If not, is anyone interested in helping me organize one in the next couple of months? I think it'd be a great thing to do.

0Reply
219 views

Most Popular Reply

Realtor/Investor · Ft Lauderdale/ Miami Florida · Member since 2015 · 311 posts · 104 votes
11y

October 14 is the date for our next meet up. Location coming soon. We will be trading off locations. Last one was in Kendall this one will be a little more north and the next will be in Broward county. I will be setting Uo a poll to get an idea of how many people we have in each county and what cities you are in, this will allow for me to keep the better locations in mind. 

See this reply in the discussion

144 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Miami Beach, FL · Member since 2015 · 175 posts · 82 votes
    11y

    I haven't heard of a BiggerPockets one, but I would definitely be interested in helping you set one up! I am responding your email right now btw, Carlos. 

  • Hollywood, FL · Member since 2015 · 42 posts · 13 votes
    11y

    I'd be interested if this gets set up!

  • Miami, FL · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    I would also be extremely interested. If theres anything I can do, let me know!

  • Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2013 · 807 posts · 475 votes
    11y
    I would be in on that and with the amount of activity in Miami, I think there would a lot of interest.
  • Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2015 · 46 posts · 15 votes
    11y

    I am interested. keep us posted on this thread if it you organize one. i don't volunteer because i have a JOB besides investing and travel intensively - but definitely interested in 

    attending.

  • Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2013 · 49 posts · 7 votes
    11y

    I'd be interested. Keep us posted!

  • Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2015 · 21 posts · 8 votes
    11y

    Definitely interested

  • Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2013 · 807 posts · 475 votes
    11y
    Please add your name to this list if you're interested to attend. Would a Wednesday evening be a suitable meet-up time? I know a lot of the real estate groups meet at lunch time on weekdays but that would be difficult for people who hold down other jobs.
  • Carlos RoviraBusiness Member
    OP
    Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2015 · 329 posts · 124 votes
    11y

    Yes. I think after hours would be best. Any ideas on venue?

  • Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2013 · 807 posts · 475 votes
    11y

    I've seen other groups usually meet at a restaurant. Midtown/Design District would be a good location but I can't think of any quiet/deserted venues in that area. 

    I'm sure we could find an abandoned house we could utilize (joking).

  • Real Estate Agent · VA · Member since 2008 · 420 posts · 175 votes
    11y

    @Nat C. @Carlos RoviraDefinitely would be interested in something like this. When I went to the DREIA a while back they hosted in a hotel like venue. Keep in mind that it was sponsored and all. If you are looking for something a bit cheaper, then Dunkin Donuts has a conference room that you one could rent out for about $10 bucks an hour or something like that. 

  • Realtor/Investor · Ft Lauderdale/ Miami Florida · Member since 2015 · 311 posts · 104 votes
    11y

    Carlos count me in if you need help seeting this up! Hope to see everyone who commented on this post soon!

  • Realtor/Investor · Ft Lauderdale/ Miami Florida · Member since 2015 · 311 posts · 104 votes
    11y

    Only Wednesday evenings sound good, just as long as it isnt the First Wednesday of the month.. BREIA meets on the first Wednesday of each month :)

  • Hollywood, FL · Member since 2015 · 15 posts · 5 votes
    11y
    Count me in, that would be great to meet many people with the same ideas
  • Hollywood, FL · Member since 2015 · 13 posts · 4 votes
    11y

    I would love to attend.  I am not currently in the real estate market in any way but Im currently learning as much as I can with the hopes of buying a rental property in the future.

  • Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2013 · 49 posts · 7 votes
    11y

    How many of you will be at DREIA meeting next week?

    It'll be my first event, and I may look into BREIA as well in the future.

  • Carlos RoviraBusiness Member
    OP
    Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2015 · 329 posts · 124 votes
    11y

    I'll be at DREIA next week. See you all there

  • Investor · Hollywood, FL · Member since 2015 · 26 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    Definitely interested in attending. I'm new to investing, currently learning as much as I can before taking the plunge.  Hope to see you all soon! 

  • REALTOR, Investor, and Rehab Expert · Miami Beach, FL · Member since 2015 · 196 posts · 74 votes
    11y

    @CarlosRovira I have been thinking about this for some time and would definitely be interested in helping setting it up. This would would be a great way to spark the BP presence in S. FL.

  • Professional · Ashtabula, OH · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 9 votes
    11y
    Ill make it! Just let me know where and when.
  • Miami, FL · Member since 2015 · 1 post · 0 votes
    11y
    Just joined and was hoping there was a group or two in Miami. I'm definitely interested as long as it nights or weekend.
  • Miami, FL · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Hi guys,

    I'm definitely interested as well, but as mentioned by somebody else already, I can only participate after 7ish pm and weekends.

    This sounds great already.

    Thank you,

    Fabiano & Liza.

  • Real Estate Investor · Sunny Isles Beach, FL · Member since 2013 · 788 posts · 333 votes
    11y

    I'm also interested.

  • Carlos RoviraBusiness Member
    OP
    Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2015 · 329 posts · 124 votes
    11y

    Does anyone have any good suggestions on a venue? I was thinking Ball & Chain on 8th ST and 14th Ave. I have a connection there and have gone to many networking events there.

  • Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2013 · 807 posts · 475 votes
    11y
    That sounds like a fine location Carlos. Something I'm wondering is the content of the meeting? I went to the DREIA meeting last week and it consists of a short networking/meet and mingle time at the beginning where different companies present their products. The core event consists of several speakers giving presentations. Looking at the majority of people who are interested in the meet up group in this thread, I think there will be mostly newbies. I don't want it to be a case of the blind leading the blind. There are only a couple of experienced professionals who have expressed interest in attending.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.