Lee Arnold's Capital Syndicate

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 26 votes
6y
Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:
Originally posted by @Lourdes Caballero:

@Jay Hinrichs thank you for your feedback. What I DO like about Bigger Pockets are the people that are very positive and gives great advice. I can learn from this group and allows me to have a possibility to have a better future. I do not appreciate to put someone down. I will move forward with my journey and just follow the positive people in this group that is amazing.

I get the Ra RA Ra stuff.. just sometimes reality comes into play.. and its sad to see people run down these rabbit holes.. when those with decades of experience in the industry know better.. just trying to give both sides.. 

 I don't want this to sound rude, but I don't know how else to say it.  Your decades of experience have made you jaded.  I sincerely don't mean that in a mean way.  Only in an analytical way.

In case you don't read my full post, I want to respond to your comment about legality right here.  These people are very honest and open about what this is and how to do it in the best way.  They tell you right at the start in which states you can apply this freely, which states have certain restrictions and which states you cannot do this without a license.  Then they repeat that caveat several times throughout the course.  They are very up front about the whole process and all the details.

Before I go on, I want to make it clear that I am a small time entrepreneur and am in no way affiliated with the Capital Syndicate, Awesome REI or anyone else associated with this course.

I bought the Capital Syndicate course because I wanted to see if I could apply it to a specific niche market.

I bought all the add ons because I wanted to make sure I gave it every shot to work properly and because they offered a 30 day money back guarantee.  In total it cost me about $500.

Unfortunately, I was not able to reconcile the needs of my niche market with what the Capital Syndicate had to offer. But it seemed to me that their simple system would be easy to apply to the general REI market and make it work well.

I took my time and went through the course over the full four weeks that they allowed me.  I probably could have gone through it in two weeks if I had gone full force, even a week if I had pushed it.

The course itself was very good. I learned some deep skills that will be useful in other realms.

This isn't so much "bird dogging," with them giving you some scraps for bringing them business.  I have seen schemes like that and they are demeaning.

This course teaches you how to approach real estate investors, offer them financing for their ventures and then find that financing.  You set your own payment terms with YOUR client and then find funding for them.

The Capital Syndicate is a private lender firm that offers financing through their own company, but they also provide you with a list of about 150 other private lenders.  So you are not bound to "bird dog" for them.  You are free to set your terms and connect YOUR client to the private lender that you think will work best for your client.

I think the skills taught and the resources provided in this course are worth the $500.

Having said all that, as I stated before, at the end of the four weeks I discovered that I would not be able to apply this to my particular niche.  (I am looking for private lenders who don't charge interest but rather take a portion of the profit.)

I emailed the support desk for a refund.  They repeatedly expressed dismay and said that very few people ask for a refund.  But they easily refunded all of my money without the slightest hassle.  I was impressed.

Awesome REI has other courses that looked interesting to me. I had such a good experience with this course that I am looking forward to trying out their other courses.

I want to emphasize again that I am in no way connected with this course or anyone associated with it.

@Lourdes Caballero  I agree with you wholeheartedly that negativity does no one any good.  Not one of the detractors in this thread has gone through the entire course.  They are all disparaging the course based on superficial knowledge and assumptions.  I have gone through the entire course and I will tell you to go ahead and give it a shot.  What's the worse that can happen?  You do the course and you decide you want your money back.  You'll spend some time watching the videos and in return you will get some free education.  You can spend your time in worse ways, like watching some silly movie.  At best, you will add another income stream to your portfolio.

See this reply in the discussion

74 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Solvang and Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2010 · 12 posts · 3 votes
    3y
    Hi Jessica, have you called his office to voice your concerns? Jessica, we do have thousands of organic likes on Facebook and have been in business since 2007, please Google us, we are no allowed to ad links nor phone numbers on here.  I will say that I do know people who have worked with Lee in the past and like his educational programs. Yes, we can provide a digital issue but we are not allowed to past links here, sorry. Please contact his office for any problems you have, I merely wanted to clarify info about Realty411.
  • Member since 2023 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    3y

    Lee and his crew are awesome.  They treat you Ike a member of a good family, they teach you what u need to know a get you 'dressed for success".  So to speak. .. they are honest and to the point.  They recommend certain other products to help you but nothing is shoved down your throat.  I've finished the course and I was given free a mobile home that needs to be rehabbed so I'll wholesale it thru cogo capital folks too. It's My first transaction so I m hoping to broker it n whole it.. fingers crossed.  I'm totally confident in my new financial famiy...

  • Member since 2023 · 1 post · 0 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Jessica Lee:

    ****EVERYONE****

    In the Capital Syndicate video, Lee Arnold says he's been featured in 5 different magazines. Forbes, The Boston Globe, MarketWatch, Reuters, and Realty411. The first 4 are real magazines but do not feature his name or any of the important key terms in any of their articles. I've even paid for a subscription to have limitless access to all articles on multiple of these websites. Nothing. The last one, Realty 411, is a completely made up magazine. A fake and basically empty Facebook account (with a hotmail email attached to it) was planted to give itself some credability. The magazine cover that he flashes in the video as his "Realty411" interview was completely fabricated and doesn't exist anywhere. When you do the research, yes, you can see this fake magazine cover plastered all over the fake websites but no actual content is found and no reputable sources can help support his claims of being in these major magazines. I hope this helps. I reeeeeeeally wanted this to be true, too, I wanted to believe him so bad. So please believe me when I say I LOOKED for anything I could to help support his claims. 

     quick google search "was lee arnold in forbes magazine" and there's a article by the houston chronicle article that says he talked on real estate strategy and is listed as
    Sep 28, 2022 — Arnold isone of nine members of the Forbes 400 to have given away more than 20 percent of their fortune to charity so far.

    i have'nt read the article. i am new here looking into this 97.00 program.. if you learn good info can actually work the program, maybe from any state, and it's legal probably worth the initial cost. still trying to decide. The entrepreneur spirit has moved the US and it's citizens right along.. good luck

  • Member since 2023 · 1 post · 0 votes
    3y

    @Jay Hinrichs... Thank you Jay because although it sounds like a perfect solution, it seems to good to be true. I'm pretty sure this is not allowed in PA but I will have to further research. I thought you have to have a license to sell a property you don't actually own. I don't know anything about brokering loans. It would be great to hear from someone on here who actually received a check. Most of these comments are from people who are very unsure. Thanks

    I've sapent money on some of these other real estate investment programs and have not made one penny. Most of the programs have expensive add- ons and  generic mentoring through some online " meet-up". I've even been discouraged while joining grant funded programs allegedly for "low income" buyers. 

  • Real Estate Investor · Birmingham, AL · Member since 2013 · 25 posts · 2 votes
    3y

    So this thread has been going on since before COVID and no one has a definite answer? Have any "students" or those saying positive things about the program closed any deals? Anyone know the names of the funds that Lee claims to manage? And if this is illegal in some states...what exactly is illegal about finding interested investors and matching them up with a funding source? Seems like you're just a marketer working on a contract basis (not that I'm defending the program or even saying it's legitimate).

  • Member since 2023 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    3y

    Does anyone have any updates, I am looking at this now- sounds great to me

  • Member since 2023 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Ahmad Williams:

    Started the program going through the training. Had it for about a few weeks. So far so go

     @Ahmad Williams

    How are things now?

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    3y

    @Shariff Hunt

    The fact that no one has had positive comments should speak loudly

    This sounds like you are a broker for firms for people looking for money

    You don’t need to pay for training on this

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Investor · Turlock CA · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 5 votes
    3y

    Hello,

    I am trying to get more information on Lee Arnold's Capital Syndicate.  I looked at his presentation and it interested me. But it seems to good to be true.  Any updates?  Has anyone shown results with this program? 

    Thanks in advance for your help. 
     

  • Investor · Solvang and Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2010 · 12 posts · 3 votes
    3y

    Hello Evelyn, I do know students of Lee Arnold who were happy with his training. I've also met him in person and I found him to be knowledgeable and genuine. You should call his office and get on their email list, if you are interested in learning more about him and his programs. I hope this helps, thank you.

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Jessica Lee:

    To Realty411,

    That’s perfect! Hello! Maybe you could help us then, is there any source or evidence besides his own word that he isn’t just using the $100 starter kit money we purchase to fund all these loans in a Ponzi scheme? Because all we have for credibility is his word and a Facebook page with zero likes on it. Any comment made about a positive experience with him has been from an account with little to no information in it, or of some other suspicious nature. Any article done by him only repeats the information in the video he posted, and gives no further information. If you look closely at the checks that he has in the videos, they’ve been digitally created, which, I know legitimate checks can be digitally created, but in that case, you would be getting a professional print on it. I know, I get a lot of different kinds of checks because I work with corporations, schools, banks, jobs, etc. They always come in some Times-New-Roman variation. But the font he used was clearly to go out of his way to make it look hand written by choosing that font when we can all see that it’s digital. You can see he even went so far as to pretend it’s real by using a real enough image of check that they would “need” to block out the account and routing numbers…. But if it were the real check why would the company use a hand-written font and then somehow digitally sign it with messy cursive in the same exact ink style as the typed font?

    Why does your official Facebook have no likes on it?

    Please help I’m just trying to get to the truth, nobody has come out and said that it actually helped them make any money, it’s all just been hearsay and empty profiles.

    Could you please send me a digital and/or physical copy of the magazine that featured him in it? I would like to see if it has any other reputable sources or evidence besides his own claim, and a website he created.

    @Account Closed    I know Linda Personally and have advertised in her publication and that was oh maybe 10 years ago. She is a delightful honest business women.  Lee Arnold I don't know personally however my opinion on his system promoting private lending remains the same.. Its not legal in many states. In other states its fine.. Just very tough to do .. for 97.00 and if it worked you would have a million people out there trying to hawk private money loans.. I am a private Monday lender and NMLS licensed ( not active) Mortgage banker so I know a little about this I started in private money in Oakland CA in 1987 and have done well over 3000 loans to various clients in 25 states and this is me personally not selling a system so others can do it.. I know the reality of the business.

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jessica Lee:

    To Realty411,

    That’s perfect! Hello! Maybe you could help us then, is there any source or evidence besides his own word that he isn’t just using the $100 starter kit money we purchase to fund all these loans in a Ponzi scheme? Because all we have for credibility is his word and a Facebook page with zero likes on it. Any comment made about a positive experience with him has been from an account with little to no information in it, or of some other suspicious nature. Any article done by him only repeats the information in the video he posted, and gives no further information. If you look closely at the checks that he has in the videos, they’ve been digitally created, which, I know legitimate checks can be digitally created, but in that case, you would be getting a professional print on it. I know, I get a lot of different kinds of checks because I work with corporations, schools, banks, jobs, etc. They always come in some Times-New-Roman variation. But the font he used was clearly to go out of his way to make it look hand written by choosing that font when we can all see that it’s digital. You can see he even went so far as to pretend it’s real by using a real enough image of check that they would “need” to block out the account and routing numbers…. But if it were the real check why would the company use a hand-written font and then somehow digitally sign it with messy cursive in the same exact ink style as the typed font?

    Why does your official Facebook have no likes on it?

    Please help I’m just trying to get to the truth, nobody has come out and said that it actually helped them make any money, it’s all just been hearsay and empty profiles.

    Could you please send me a digital and/or physical copy of the magazine that featured him in it? I would like to see if it has any other reputable sources or evidence besides his own claim, and a website he created.


    Realty 411 is real.. I know the owner LInda Pilagas and way back in the day I advertised with them but your right its paid advertising.. If you pay a lot you get the cover and bifold.. Linda is a great gal and her magazine is a marketing piece for these type of business's. They make their money selling advertisements.. this is not to be compared to Journalistic magazine like Forbes etc.
  • New to Real Estate · Los Angeles, CA and Western MA · Member since 2023 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    2y

    Hi @JohnP, I'd like to know more about people's experiences with the Capital Syndicate program too. I'm in the training and have found it very helpful, but I'm unclear about the legalities of billing oneself as a private money lender if you are not licensed by the DRE. I was advised today by a retired real estate professional, who is licensed, that if you offer an application to someone for a loan, you must be licenesed by the DRE. In the program, it appears that you offer a Pre-Loan Application-- perhaps this is how the program is legal? I want to get clarity on that from someone more experienced than I am.

    To answer your other question, the fund that Lee manages though is COGO Capital Investment. 

    Quote from @John P.:

    So this thread has been going on since before COVID and no one has a definite answer? Have any "students" or those saying positive things about the program closed any deals? Anyone know the names of the funds that Lee claims to manage? And if this is illegal in some states...what exactly is illegal about finding interested investors and matching them up with a funding source? Seems like you're just a marketer working on a contract basis (not that I'm defending the program or even saying it's legitimate).

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @A. Kelly:

    Hi @JohnP, I'd like to know more about people's experiences with the Capital Syndicate program too. I'm in the training and have found it very helpful, but I'm unclear about the legalities of billing oneself as a private money lender if you are not licensed by the DRE. I was advised today by a retired real estate professional, who is licensed, that if you offer an application to someone for a loan, you must be licenesed by the DRE. In the program, it appears that you offer a Pre-Loan Application-- perhaps this is how the program is legal? I want to get clarity on that from someone more experienced than I am.

    To answer your other question, the fund that Lee manages though is COGO Capital Investment. 

    Quote from @John P.:

    So this thread has been going on since before COVID and no one has a definite answer? Have any "students" or those saying positive things about the program closed any deals? Anyone know the names of the funds that Lee claims to manage? And if this is illegal in some states...what exactly is illegal about finding interested investors and matching them up with a funding source? Seems like you're just a marketer working on a contract basis (not that I'm defending the program or even saying it's legitimate).


    in CA you for sure need one of three things if your going to be doing loans for others.

    RE Brokers license like myself  Its how I ran my HML company for years in Oakland CA. we had a 50 million dollar book.

    Consumer finance license.

    Or MLO with NMLS registration

    One of those 3 if your going to make fee's brokering loans.. I was recently corrected as I thought 12 states required license but its up to 18 states now from what one of the BP experts let me know.
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @A. Kelly:

    Hi @JohnP, I'd like to know more about people's experiences with the Capital Syndicate program too. I'm in the training and have found it very helpful, but I'm unclear about the legalities of billing oneself as a private money lender if you are not licensed by the DRE. I was advised today by a retired real estate professional, who is licensed, that if you offer an application to someone for a loan, you must be licenesed by the DRE. In the program, it appears that you offer a Pre-Loan Application-- perhaps this is how the program is legal? I want to get clarity on that from someone more experienced than I am.

    To answer your other question, the fund that Lee manages though is COGO Capital Investment. 

    Quote from @John P.:

    So this thread has been going on since before COVID and no one has a definite answer? Have any "students" or those saying positive things about the program closed any deals? Anyone know the names of the funds that Lee claims to manage? And if this is illegal in some states...what exactly is illegal about finding interested investors and matching them up with a funding source? Seems like you're just a marketer working on a contract basis (not that I'm defending the program or even saying it's legitimate).


    Cogo does fund some deals I have been paid off from refinances they did on properties I had a loan on or owned and was selling. 
  • New to Real Estate · Los Angeles, CA and Western MA · Member since 2023 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    2y

    Thanks for this info Jay, much appreciated. Which governing body determines these requirements? Is it the CA department of real estate?

    Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
    Quote from @A. Kelly:

    Hi @JohnP, I'd like to know more about people's experiences with the Capital Syndicate program too. I'm in the training and have found it very helpful, but I'm unclear about the legalities of billing oneself as a private money lender if you are not licensed by the DRE. I was advised today by a retired real estate professional, who is licensed, that if you offer an application to someone for a loan, you must be licenesed by the DRE. In the program, it appears that you offer a Pre-Loan Application-- perhaps this is how the program is legal? I want to get clarity on that from someone more experienced than I am.

    To answer your other question, the fund that Lee manages though is COGO Capital Investment.

    Quote from @John P.:

    So this thread has been going on since before COVID and no one has a definite answer? Have any "students" or those saying positive things about the program closed any deals? Anyone know the names of the funds that Lee claims to manage? And if this is illegal in some states...what exactly is illegal about finding interested investors and matching them up with a funding source? Seems like you're just a marketer working on a contract basis (not that I'm defending the program or even saying it's legitimate).


    in CA you for sure need one of three things if your going to be doing loans for others.

    RE Brokers license like myself Its how I ran my HML company for years in Oakland CA. we had a 50 million dollar book.

    Consumer finance license.

    Or MLO with NMLS registration

    One of those 3 if your going to make fee's brokering loans.. I was recently corrected as I thought 12 states required license but its up to 18 states now from what one of the BP experts let me know.
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @A. Kelly:

    Thanks for this info Jay, much appreciated. Which governing body determines these requirements? Is it the CA department of real estate?

    Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
    Quote from @A. Kelly:

    Hi @JohnP, I'd like to know more about people's experiences with the Capital Syndicate program too. I'm in the training and have found it very helpful, but I'm unclear about the legalities of billing oneself as a private money lender if you are not licensed by the DRE. I was advised today by a retired real estate professional, who is licensed, that if you offer an application to someone for a loan, you must be licenesed by the DRE. In the program, it appears that you offer a Pre-Loan Application-- perhaps this is how the program is legal? I want to get clarity on that from someone more experienced than I am.

    To answer your other question, the fund that Lee manages though is COGO Capital Investment.

    Quote from @John P.:

    So this thread has been going on since before COVID and no one has a definite answer? Have any "students" or those saying positive things about the program closed any deals? Anyone know the names of the funds that Lee claims to manage? And if this is illegal in some states...what exactly is illegal about finding interested investors and matching them up with a funding source? Seems like you're just a marketer working on a contract basis (not that I'm defending the program or even saying it's legitimate).


    in CA you for sure need one of three things if your going to be doing loans for others.

    RE Brokers license like myself Its how I ran my HML company for years in Oakland CA. we had a 50 million dollar book.

    Consumer finance license.

    Or MLO with NMLS registration

    One of those 3 if your going to make fee's brokering loans.. I was recently corrected as I thought 12 states required license but it’s up to 18 states now from what one of the BP experts let me know.
    Department of real estate for re broker

    not sure on the cfl. Who does those

    mlo  not sure either.  

    I have mlo in Oregon and it’s the division of consumer finance and corporate securities. 

    ca probably has a version of that

    however I did all my loans with my ca brokers license 
  • New to Real Estate · Los Angeles, CA and Western MA · Member since 2023 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    2y

    Thank you! I have a lot to research it would seem. I appreciate your time in answering me so quickly!

    Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
    Quote from @A. Kelly:

    Thanks for this info Jay, much appreciated. Which governing body determines these requirements? Is it the CA department of real estate?

    Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
    Quote from @A. Kelly:

    Hi @JohnP, I'd like to know more about people's experiences with the Capital Syndicate program too. I'm in the training and have found it very helpful, but I'm unclear about the legalities of billing oneself as a private money lender if you are not licensed by the DRE. I was advised today by a retired real estate professional, who is licensed, that if you offer an application to someone for a loan, you must be licenesed by the DRE. In the program, it appears that you offer a Pre-Loan Application-- perhaps this is how the program is legal? I want to get clarity on that from someone more experienced than I am.

    To answer your other question, the fund that Lee manages though is COGO Capital Investment.

    Quote from @John P.:

    So this thread has been going on since before COVID and no one has a definite answer? Have any "students" or those saying positive things about the program closed any deals? Anyone know the names of the funds that Lee claims to manage? And if this is illegal in some states...what exactly is illegal about finding interested investors and matching them up with a funding source? Seems like you're just a marketer working on a contract basis (not that I'm defending the program or even saying it's legitimate).


    in CA you for sure need one of three things if your going to be doing loans for others.

    RE Brokers license like myself Its how I ran my HML company for years in Oakland CA. we had a 50 million dollar book.

    Consumer finance license.

    Or MLO with NMLS registration

    One of those 3 if your going to make fee's brokering loans.. I was recently corrected as I thought 12 states required license but it’s up to 18 states now from what one of the BP experts let me know.
    Department of real estate for re broker

    not sure on the cfl. Who does those

    mlo not sure either.

    I have mlo in Oregon and it’s the division of consumer finance and corporate securities.

    ca probably has a version of that

    however I did all my loans with my ca brokers license
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Jessica Lee:

    ****EVERYONE****

    In the Capital Syndicate video, Lee Arnold says he's been featured in 5 different magazines. Forbes, The Boston Globe, MarketWatch, Reuters, and Realty411. The first 4 are real magazines but do not feature his name or any of the important key terms in any of their articles. I've even paid for a subscription to have limitless access to all articles on multiple of these websites. Nothing. The last one, Realty 411, is a completely made up magazine. A fake and basically empty Facebook account (with a hotmail email attached to it) was planted to give itself some credability. The magazine cover that he flashes in the video as his "Realty411" interview was completely fabricated and doesn't exist anywhere. When you do the research, yes, you can see this fake magazine cover plastered all over the fake websites but no actual content is found and no reputable sources can help support his claims of being in these major magazines. I hope this helps. I reeeeeeeally wanted this to be true, too, I wanted to believe him so bad. So please believe me when I say I LOOKED for anything I could to help support his claims. 


    Jessica a whopping 2 post when people on BP attach someone like Linda its always because of some ulterior motive or a shill of just plain spite so anyone reading this should disregard Jessica's comments as not being valid etc.. I have personally advertised in Realty 411 its a real publication and as I stated  Linda I have know for over a decade personally and I am real I have 50 years in the real estate game.. So I would encourage anyone reading this to take my word or Jessica.. Now with Cogo and those guys I know them.. they do fund. I have been paid off by them in the past.
  • Member since 2024 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    1y

    It would be great if the people that said they would come back with an update like they said they would. Typical on the Internet though. I signed up for the Inbound Arbitrage course, but have decided that one definately is not for me.

  • Member since 2025 · 1 post · 0 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
    Originally posted by @Tanweer K. Ahmed:
    Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:
    Originally posted by @Lourdes Caballero:

    @Jay Hinrichs thank you for your feedback. What I DO like about Bigger Pockets are the people that are very positive and gives great advice. I can learn from this group and allows me to have a possibility to have a better future. I do not appreciate to put someone down. I will move forward with my journey and just follow the positive people in this group that is amazing.

    I get the Ra RA Ra stuff.. just sometimes reality comes into play.. and its sad to see people run down these rabbit holes.. when those with decades of experience in the industry know better.. just trying to give both sides.. 

     I don't want this to sound rude, but I don't know how else to say it.  Your decades of experience have made you jaded.  I sincerely don't mean that in a mean way.  Only in an analytical way.

    In case you don't read my full post, I want to respond to your comment about legality right here.  These people are very honest and open about what this is and how to do it in the best way.  They tell you right at the start in which states you can apply this freely, which states have certain restrictions and which states you cannot do this without a license.  Then they repeat that caveat several times throughout the course.  They are very up front about the whole process and all the details.

    Before I go on, I want to make it clear that I am a small time entrepreneur and am in no way affiliated with the Capital Syndicate, Awesome REI or anyone else associated with this course.

    I bought the Capital Syndicate course because I wanted to see if I could apply it to a specific niche market.

    I bought all the add ons because I wanted to make sure I gave it every shot to work properly and because they offered a 30 day money back guarantee.  In total it cost me about $500.

    Unfortunately, I was not able to reconcile the needs of my niche market with what the Capital Syndicate had to offer. But it seemed to me that their simple system would be easy to apply to the general REI market and make it work well.

    I took my time and went through the course over the full four weeks that they allowed me.  I probably could have gone through it in two weeks if I had gone full force, even a week if I had pushed it.

    The course itself was very good. I learned some deep skills that will be useful in other realms.

    This isn't so much "bird dogging," with them giving you some scraps for bringing them business.  I have seen schemes like that and they are demeaning.

    This course teaches you how to approach real estate investors, offer them financing for their ventures and then find that financing.  You set your own payment terms with YOUR client and then find funding for them.

    The Capital Syndicate is a private lender firm that offers financing through their own company, but they also provide you with a list of about 150 other private lenders.  So you are not bound to "bird dog" for them.  You are free to set your terms and connect YOUR client to the private lender that you think will work best for your client.

    I think the skills taught and the resources provided in this course are worth the $500.

    Having said all that, as I stated before, at the end of the four weeks I discovered that I would not be able to apply this to my particular niche.  (I am looking for private lenders who don't charge interest but rather take a portion of the profit.)

    I emailed the support desk for a refund.  They repeatedly expressed dismay and said that very few people ask for a refund.  But they easily refunded all of my money without the slightest hassle.  I was impressed.

    Awesome REI has other courses that looked interesting to me. I had such a good experience with this course that I am looking forward to trying out their other courses.

    I want to emphasize again that I am in no way connected with this course or anyone associated with it.

    @Lourdes Caballero  I agree with you wholeheartedly that negativity does no one any good.  Not one of the detractors in this thread has gone through the entire course.  They are all disparaging the course based on superficial knowledge and assumptions.  I have gone through the entire course and I will tell you to go ahead and give it a shot.  What's the worse that can happen?  You do the course and you decide you want your money back.  You'll spend some time watching the videos and in return you will get some free education.  You can spend your time in worse ways, like watching some silly movie.  At best, you will add another income stream to your portfolio.

    then your looking for someone like me..  we are out there..  

    No, no one's looking for someone like you. Ahmad's post was comprehensive and unbiased based on his experience after thoroughly vetting the program. You' just make negative comments in hopes of someone using YOUR services. HARD pass.

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Shine Ohla:
    Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
    Originally posted by @Tanweer K. Ahmed:
    Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:
    Originally posted by @Lourdes Caballero:

    @Jay Hinrichs thank you for your feedback. What I DO like about Bigger Pockets are the people that are very positive and gives great advice. I can learn from this group and allows me to have a possibility to have a better future. I do not appreciate to put someone down. I will move forward with my journey and just follow the positive people in this group that is amazing.

    I get the Ra RA Ra stuff.. just sometimes reality comes into play.. and its sad to see people run down these rabbit holes.. when those with decades of experience in the industry know better.. just trying to give both sides.. 

     I don't want this to sound rude, but I don't know how else to say it.  Your decades of experience have made you jaded.  I sincerely don't mean that in a mean way.  Only in an analytical way.

    In case you don't read my full post, I want to respond to your comment about legality right here.  These people are very honest and open about what this is and how to do it in the best way.  They tell you right at the start in which states you can apply this freely, which states have certain restrictions and which states you cannot do this without a license.  Then they repeat that caveat several times throughout the course.  They are very up front about the whole process and all the details.

    Before I go on, I want to make it clear that I am a small time entrepreneur and am in no way affiliated with the Capital Syndicate, Awesome REI or anyone else associated with this course.

    I bought the Capital Syndicate course because I wanted to see if I could apply it to a specific niche market.

    I bought all the add ons because I wanted to make sure I gave it every shot to work properly and because they offered a 30 day money back guarantee.  In total it cost me about $500.

    Unfortunately, I was not able to reconcile the needs of my niche market with what the Capital Syndicate had to offer. But it seemed to me that their simple system would be easy to apply to the general REI market and make it work well.

    I took my time and went through the course over the full four weeks that they allowed me.  I probably could have gone through it in two weeks if I had gone full force, even a week if I had pushed it.

    The course itself was very good. I learned some deep skills that will be useful in other realms.

    This isn't so much "bird dogging," with them giving you some scraps for bringing them business.  I have seen schemes like that and they are demeaning.

    This course teaches you how to approach real estate investors, offer them financing for their ventures and then find that financing.  You set your own payment terms with YOUR client and then find funding for them.

    The Capital Syndicate is a private lender firm that offers financing through their own company, but they also provide you with a list of about 150 other private lenders.  So you are not bound to "bird dog" for them.  You are free to set your terms and connect YOUR client to the private lender that you think will work best for your client.

    I think the skills taught and the resources provided in this course are worth the $500.

    Having said all that, as I stated before, at the end of the four weeks I discovered that I would not be able to apply this to my particular niche.  (I am looking for private lenders who don't charge interest but rather take a portion of the profit.)

    I emailed the support desk for a refund.  They repeatedly expressed dismay and said that very few people ask for a refund.  But they easily refunded all of my money without the slightest hassle.  I was impressed.

    Awesome REI has other courses that looked interesting to me. I had such a good experience with this course that I am looking forward to trying out their other courses.

    I want to emphasize again that I am in no way connected with this course or anyone associated with it.

    @Lourdes Caballero  I agree with you wholeheartedly that negativity does no one any good.  Not one of the detractors in this thread has gone through the entire course.  They are all disparaging the course based on superficial knowledge and assumptions.  I have gone through the entire course and I will tell you to go ahead and give it a shot.  What's the worse that can happen?  You do the course and you decide you want your money back.  You'll spend some time watching the videos and in return you will get some free education.  You can spend your time in worse ways, like watching some silly movie.  At best, you will add another income stream to your portfolio.

    then your looking for someone like me..  we are out there..  

    No, no one's looking for someone like you. Ahmad's post was comprehensive and unbiased based on his experience after thoroughly vetting the program. You' just make negative comments in hopes of someone using YOUR services. HARD pass.


    I could care less if anyone used my services.. we do just fine without one off beginners.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.