Moving to Orlando - Searching for Investor Meetup

Moving to Orlando - Searching for Investor Meetup

Real Estate Agent · Orlando · Member since 2019 · 20 posts · 23 votes

Hello!

I am moving to Orlando at the end of this school year. I have been a real estate agent in Chattanooga, TN and have been flipping houses there this year with the intention to BRRRR some. I have a wonderful network of investors and Realtors here. I have built a great crew of trusted subs as well. I would love to get involved in an amazing network of investors and Realtors in Orlando too and begin to get familiar with subs in the area. We are already beginning to look for our first investment properties there, but I'd love to have a network in place before beginning. Anyone know of some good meet ups in Orlando or nearby cities?

2Reply
65 views

Most Popular Reply

Specialist · Winter Springs, FL · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 747 votes
5y

I recommend you check out Central Florida Realty Investors (CFRI).  From their web site:

Are you looking for a real estate investment association that will help you learn more about real estate investing? CFRI has been serving the Central Florida area for over 25 years. Our membership includes investors in Orange, Seminole, Osceola, Lake, Volusia, Brevard County, Polk, Flagler, and the surrounding counties around the Orlando, Kissimmee, Daytona Beach, and Melbourne areas.

In addition, they're a not for profit organization run by member volunteers.

See this reply in the discussion

14 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Denver, CO · Member since 2019 · 104 posts · 70 votes
    5y

    Another place you can look is https://www.meetup.com and search for real estate investing groups. I have found a lot here. 

  • Member since 2020 · 10 posts · 6 votes
    5y

    Rebecca, I am just beginning my journey in Chattanooga investing. Would you mind sharing the names of some of your trusted realtors and subs?

  • Specialist · Winter Springs, FL · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 747 votes
    5y

    I recommend you check out Central Florida Realty Investors (CFRI).  From their web site:

    Are you looking for a real estate investment association that will help you learn more about real estate investing? CFRI has been serving the Central Florida area for over 25 years. Our membership includes investors in Orange, Seminole, Osceola, Lake, Volusia, Brevard County, Polk, Flagler, and the surrounding counties around the Orlando, Kissimmee, Daytona Beach, and Melbourne areas.

    In addition, they're a not for profit organization run by member volunteers.

  • Denver, CO · Member since 2020 · 15 posts · 18 votes
    5y

    Hi Rebecca! Have you checked out BiggerPockets' agent directory? We have many investor-friendly agents in our network who will be happy to help you! Happy to answer any questions you may have regarding this.

  • Tyler GibsonBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Orlando, FL · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    @Rebecca Readus you want to connect with @Bernadeau C. and @Shawn G.

  • Real Estate Agent · Merritt Island, FL · Member since 2017 · 986 posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    @Rebecca Readus, I second @Peter Walther's recommendation about CFRI - it's a legit REI that does focus on investing as opposed to simply making money. First meeting is free (it's Zoom for now), definitely worth checking out. Main meeting is the first Wednesday of every month and there are smaller meetings throughout Central FL.

  • Matt D.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Chattanooga, TN · Member since 2016 · 15 posts · 9 votes
    5y

    @Rebecca Readus

    Hi Rebecca - I grew up in Chattanooga but now live in a much more expensive market. So Ive focused on Chattanooga for my investing and just completed my first two deals. So far I’ve focused on buy-and-hold projects that need mostly cosmetic renovations, since managing a full rehab seems more challenging long distance. But after reading David Greene’s excellent book on the subject, I’m rethinking that limitation.

    All of that to say, the primary gaps in my team are the contractor/subcontractor slots. Any chance you’d be willing to share your recommendations? My PMs are open if you prefer.

    Thanks very much and good luck in Orlando!

  • Real Estate Agent · Orlando · Member since 2019 · 20 posts · 23 votes
    5y

    @Peter Walther that sounds fantastic! I’d love more information about that group!

  • Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2017 · 207 posts · 125 votes
    5y

    @Rebecca Readus as @Tyler Gibson mentioned we have a great local meetup here in Orlando.  We will be having our first meeting of 2021 via Zoom this Saturday morning to plan out our speakers/topics for the year.  We will be moving back to in person meetings in February but will try to keep an online stream going as well.  The Central Florida Real Estate Investment HUB meetups can be found under the events section here on BP or DM me for more info.  

    I have also been a member of CFRI for many years and can't wait until they go back to in person meetings. The Zoom ones just aren't doing it for me since there is not a real chance to network...just my 2 cents. 

  • Specialist · Winter Springs, FL · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 747 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Rebecca Readus:

    @Peter Walther that sounds fantastic! I’d love more information about that group!

    I've always found many members very knowledgeable and willing to share. As Tchaka mentioned the general meeting is the first Wednesday of the month and has been via Zoom.  As Shawn mentioned, the Zoom meetings aren't as good as live, but then what is.

  • Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2019 · 13 posts · 12 votes
    5y

    Hi @Rebecca Readus I live in Orlando and currently investing in SF properties. Let me know once you get settling in and we can connect. I have worked with an agent this year to purchase SF properties and she understands investors. I just closed on a fix and hold and plan to start the rehab towards the end of February. I would love to get your feedback if possible. DM me when you can. Thanks!

  • Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2019 · 13 posts · 12 votes
    5y

    @Shawn G. @Peter Walther @Tchaka Owen Thanks for the info on the Orlando meetups. I look forward to attending the next meeting.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.