What do you do when your not in real estate?

What do you do when your not in real estate?

Member since 2008 · 117 posts · 3 votes

Hey guys. I was going to post a thread about what we do in our off time besides real estate.

I train and fight among other things. I only have 1 of my early fights on the internet. I have some more I need to convert over. Oh yeah and I know I was out of shape. I took the fight on 3 days in the winter time. WInter time is when lifters gain their weight.

Post some of your hobbies.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QJKwJpFUENI

0Reply
18 views

23 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    18y

    Nick -
    That was a serious fight! I'll remember not to get on your bad side :wink:

    Thanks for sharing that with all of us!

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 9 votes
    18y

    Thanks for the link enjoyed every second of it (LOL)!

  • Real Estate Investor · Millsboro, DE · Member since 2008 · 480 posts · 26 votes
    18y

    Nice. I boxed when I was in my teens. I realized it was barbaric, and I didn't have anything to prove, so I stopped. If you use it for self defense, and coordination, Ill agree with it.

    Now I pursue health, dabble in woodworking, pick up my neighbors mail far too much, etc.

  • Loveland, CO · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 123 votes
    18y

    Golf, snow ski, read (non-fiction mostly) enjoy movies, volunteer at our local community theatre-set building and occassionally acting.

    I used to sell industrial supplies; fasteners, tools, electrical and hydraulic supplies.

    Click below to see a scene from a recent play I was in.

    all cash

  • Member since 2008 · 117 posts · 3 votes
    18y

    Yeah it probably is a bit barbaric. But I wrestled since a kid and I enjoy competition. I also boxed for a while. It was the next step for me.

  • Real Estate Investor · Millsboro, DE · Member since 2008 · 480 posts · 26 votes
    18y

    Actually I should have said, "I realized I thought it was barbaric." My perception of it is barbaric. If that is what you like, and you feel ok with it, who am I to judge.

    There is nothing like getting a real shot on the chin. I mean a good stick. It will change you. You know that though.

  • Member since 2008 · 117 posts · 3 votes
    18y

    heh its cool man. I didn't take it as a personal shot. I mean when you compare combat sports to "normal" sports, its pretty rough.

    Yeah if getting hit is not your thing and it happens, its definitely something that will make you contemplate spending more time doing it.

    But in all honesty I like just wrestling and jiujitsu. The fighting was just another way to compete. Plus I get a little extra cash for it.

  • Real Estate Investor · Fort Wayne, IN · Member since 2008 · 424 posts · 5 votes
    18y

    I love MMA! Nice takedown. That guy looked like he was just a BIT overmatched! How often do you fight?

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 9 votes
    18y

    Well in that case I Bowl, play Ping Pong, Play Billiards, and many other things. I read a lot (well not lately, damn woman won't give me free time LOL J/K ladies you are all very lovely) sometimes I get in ten to twelve books a month, man am I crazy or what. Thanks for listening and I do hope to hear what everyone else has to say, keep it biggerpockets...

  • Real Estate Investor · Fort Wayne, IN · Member since 2008 · 424 posts · 5 votes
    18y

    Oh yeah, I forgot to put out there what I do...

    I enjoy watching football and playing Madden. My wife and I enjoy eating out frequently. Oh, and I beat up on my 14 year old son... :D

  • Member since 2008 · 117 posts · 3 votes
    18y

    Well lets see. I fight probably 4 times a year. Right now. Just taking it slow. I also do some amateur boxing and wrestling tournaments.

    Yeah ladies hinder free time, however at the same time we love them and need them around.

    I figure I need to invest so that when my brain cells are gone from being smashed I will have something to fall back on. lol.

    I usually get in a book or two each month. Mostly pertaining to investing or something money related

    Thanks for replying guys. Its cool to see what kind of people are on here.

  • Real Estate Investor · Fort Wayne, IN · Member since 2008 · 424 posts · 5 votes
    18y

    Ladies hinder free time? LOL. I work with my wife. Never heard of free time! :D

  • Member since 2008 · 117 posts · 3 votes
    18y

    Well I am not married. The girls I hang out with are just dates or girlfriends.

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 9 votes
    18y

    Oh we got a ladies man over here fellas, go reiguy!

    Well as for myself I am not married but I will soon be and you can check out my thread to what I am talking about, thanks and have a wonderful biggerpockets day!

    Name Change Thread:
    http://forums.biggerpockets.com/viewtopic.php?t=13844

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 9 votes
    18y

    Oh we got a ladies man over here fellas, go reiguy!

    Well as for myself I am not married but I will soon be and you can check out my thread to what I am talking about, thanks and have a wonderful biggerpockets day!

    Name Change Thread:
    http://forums.biggerpockets.com/viewtopic.php?t=13844

  • Member since 2008 · 117 posts · 3 votes
    18y

    Not a ladies man really. That would be expensive.

    Congrats on getting married. I hope everything works out great for ya.

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 9 votes
    18y

    Thanks reiguy!

    And that is a shame cause I am there is plenty of reiguy to go around for all the ladies, 8) ....

  • Member since 2008 · 1 post · 0 votes
    18y

    I ride one of three quads or fly down the roads in my 88 Monte Carlo SS

    :D

  • Real Estate Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 218 votes
    18y

    Well when not working, which is hardly ever. I enjoy spending time up at the cabin in northern wisconsin doing some kayaking, canoing and fishing.

    I love all sports, (fantasy football and doing well this year). And I try to enjoy one diversion in a league of some sort all the time. Right now I am in a cornhole league (ya know bean bag toss).

    In the warmer weather, I enjoy riding/gliding on my Segway. Yeah does that make me a geek?

  • Member since 2008 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    18y

    I mainly commute! Hah. Actually, for fun, I like backpacking, camping and other outdoorsy pursuits. For real life, I work at a magazine and do a lot of research. I also like to read a lot :)

  • Real Estate Broker · Cebu, HI · Member since 2008 · 10 posts · 0 votes
    18y

    work werk wurk :lol:

  • Pleasant Hill, CA · Member since 2008 · 428 posts · 43 votes
    18y

    I train in the martial art of Aikido. We do not have competitions as the art is based around compassion and protecting your attacker. However it is very effective.

    It is a great release.

  • Member since 2008 · 11 posts · 0 votes
    18y

    Try and vacation, but it seems I can never really get away

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.