Are you 'Up With Trump'?

Are you 'Up With Trump'?

Jerusalem, Israel · Member since 2015 · 144 posts · 14 votes

Let me start by saying, I do not have a voting right in the states yet.

Are you a Trump supporter? 

The guy might be seen as a Douche, maybe coocky and not proficient in the ins and out of politics.. but overall, he is good in trade, and overall business. In a way, I think he will have a better attitude and real life experience than other politicians in the game.

From what i'm seeing "on the street", being a supporter is frowned upon, but mostly from people who listen a bit too much to the mainstream media. Ive read plenty of Trump's books, and some are just amazing. By the way #askbp, will BP try and get him on one of the podcasts?!

Like it or not, the guy is a winner in what he does. What do you think?

0Reply
24 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Milford, CT · Member since 2015 · 200 posts · 69 votes
11y

Yep, he does some wonderful things with buildings.

See this reply in the discussion

20 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Milford, CT · Member since 2015 · 200 posts · 69 votes
    11y

    Yep, he does some wonderful things with buildings.

  • Real Estate Agent · Bedford, TX · Member since 2015 · 5 posts · 4 votes
    11y

    He's been bankrupt too many times for me to get behind him. Plus, running a country isn't just about business savvy, you have to be a good diplomat. Trump doesn't have the diplomatic tact necessary to make friends with other countries, just ask Mexico. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2010 · 804 posts · 230 votes
    11y

    I could not have imagined that The Donald could lead the field when he entered the race for President.  He is pushing enough of the right buttoms that may make him our next President.  His greatest strength seems to be is he is not worried too much about the press.  

  • Jerusalem, Israel · Member since 2015 · 144 posts · 14 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Chris Field:

    Yep, he does some wonderful things with buildings.

     To say the least!

  • Jerusalem, Israel · Member since 2015 · 144 posts · 14 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Jenny Del Toro:

    He's been bankrupt too many times for me to get behind him. Plus, running a country isn't just about business savvy, you have to be a good diplomat. Trump doesn't have the diplomatic tact necessary to make friends with other countries, just ask Mexico. 

     Well, to be honest, one of his business went bankrupt, using common state chapter laws to avoid losing money. Something you should do yourself if the time comes. He never went bankrupt personally.

    I get the diplomacy point, but the U.S does not need another 'nice guy'. Other world (and or) business leaders, appreciate a 'killer' a lot more than a nice, diplomatic person.

    This is obviously a personal opinion.

  • Jerusalem, Israel · Member since 2015 · 144 posts · 14 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Joe Moore:

    I could not have imagined that The Donald could lead the field when he entered the race for President.  He is pushing enough of the right buttoms that may make him our next President.  His greatest strength seems to be is he is not worried too much about the press.  

    I think he actually knows exactly what he is doing with the press. The guy knows his hands on marketing i'll say that! It's refreshing to see a candidate doing interviews and generally speak from the heart without 24/7 advisors or notes. I respect that.

  • Investor · Milford, CT · Member since 2015 · 200 posts · 69 votes
    11y

    Meh in RE bankruptcy isn't that big of a deal, I won't hold that against anyone in this business. 

  • Jerusalem, Israel · Member since 2015 · 144 posts · 14 votes
    9y

    Just browsing BP and a year have passed.
    Trump is no longer a RE guy but also the President :)

  • Yucaipa, CA · Member since 2016 · 47 posts · 18 votes
    9y

    I voted for our President, I am a supporter. If I could be in a RE family, I would choose his. He has trained his children well, they are well behaved, and gracious. 

    I believe in what is happening and I may be unpopular, but oh well. 

    enjoy America. :)

    Shalom to Israel

  • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2010 · 804 posts · 230 votes
    9y

    He is the most unorthodox and clueless president ever.  He keep putting his foot in his mouth.  He may know real estate, but he is making a mess out his presidency.  He will be impeach or will quit to stop the impeachment.  He may be a force in starting World War III.  Praying that don't come to pass.

  • Rental Property Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2013 · 292 posts · 280 votes
    9y

    @Guyoz Golan 

    Your posts from two years ago re: President Trump and the press could not have been more clairvoyant. Amazing. 

    @Tracey Pera   "President Trump."... "President Trump"..... I can never seem to get tired of saying it.... "President Trump"... see? I did it again! 

    @Joe Moore  I can't think of one single policy issue with which I disagree with President Trump. Impeachment??? LOL. Because he is not "nice"? Russia? LOL. 

    DL

  • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2010 · 804 posts · 230 votes
    9y

    @DL Martin - Trump is using his presidency as a bully pit.  This can not go on.  He is taking more time on Twitter to bully than he is taking the time run this country properly, which he doesn't seem to understand or care.  His only real objectives is to make the rich richer and its by-product, making America lily white.  He has cut back on inciting the population to divide, which is great.  All the tweeting he does is only a camouflage for his real agenda is.  I will also seem to be a lazy president who only reason there is to make more money for his businesses.  Hopefully for this country, he will conduct himself much more maturely as he get more experience.  Thou he seems to enjoy throwing tantrums.

  • Rental Property Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2013 · 292 posts · 280 votes
    9y

    @Joe Moore 

    Of course the Presidency is a Bully Pulpit!  It's the Executive Branch of the government, as specified by the US Constitution, equal to the Legislative Branch and the Judicial Branch. The President is equal to the 535 members of congress and the 9 members of the supreme court. That's a huge Bully Pulpit! How in the world can it not be a Bully Pulpit????   

    He is "taking more time on Twitter to bully than he is taking the time to run this country properly" ????  Twitter is a 140 character text message. It takes less than a minute to type 140 characters. If President Trump sends 10 Tweets per day, then that would be less than 10 minutes per day. Surely we can agree that in 16 waking hours (assuming 8 hours of sleep), President Trump can spare five or ten minutes to directly communicate with his Tweeter Followers!!!!  Heck, Former President Obama likely spent at least 10 minutes a day stepping outside to have a smoke. Cigarette smoking is banned in Federal Buildings, so I am guessing that he never smoked inside the oval office. And Mrs Obama, being the health conscious person that she is, very likely did not allow Former President Obama to smoke inside the white house around the children. Correct????

    "Making the rich richer" makes "America lily white"????  I am going to assume that you disapprove of "making the rich richer" and making "America lily white." I don't really understand why you would care that the "rich get richer" unless you believe that there is a direct correlation between "rich get richer"= "poor get poorer."  It has been my personal experience that, in the USA,  the rich can get richer while the poor get richer. I've seen it again and again and again! This is a great country, SPECIFICALLY blessed by The Hand of God throughout it's short history. While the rest of the world has deteriorated, decade after decade, the USA has thrived. 

    As to the "America lily white" statement, President Trump is doing his darnedest to defund the single biggest killer of People of Color in the history of our country. Today, American Tax Dollars are being used to kill minority babies at a staggering rate. My former Mayor (and former Ohio State Treasurer and Secretary of State of Ohio) Ken Blackwell wrote an article last year in which he stated, 

    "In 2010, the most recent year for which statistics are available, 138,539 black babies were aborted...Black women continue to have the highest abortion rate of any ethnic group, with a gruesome 483 abortions for every 1,000 live births. The bottom line? I’ll say it again: 138,539 black babies, nearly one baby in three, were killed in the womb in 2010."

    President Trump wishes to stop the killing of these children which runs counter to your supposition that President Trump wishes for an America that is "lily white." 

    I eagerly await your rebuttal!!!

    DL  

  • calgary, AB · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    He was one of the most well-known real estate moguls in the world.  He has sold some of the most expensive properties in the US. The trump organizations owns a number of hotels which can be found in Illinois, Nevada, Florida, network and Hawaii. One of the key pieces to the hotel is the Trump International Hotel & Tower in Chicago. 

  • Investor · Naples, FL · Member since 2016 · 256 posts · 75 votes
    9y

    Shalom to Israel

  • Investor · Naples, FL · Member since 2016 · 256 posts · 75 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Joe Moore:

    @DL Martin - Trump is using his presidency as a bully pit.  This can not go on.  He is taking more time on Twitter to bully than he is taking the time run this country properly, which he doesn't seem to understand or care.  His only real objectives is to make the rich richer and its by-product, making America lily white.  He has cut back on inciting the population to divide, which is great.  All the tweeting he does is only a camouflage for his real agenda is.  I will also seem to be a lazy president who only reason there is to make more money for his businesses.  Hopefully for this country, he will conduct himself much more maturely as he get more experience.  Thou he seems to enjoy throwing tantrums.

     So does very president!!!

  • Jill HaselmanPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Delray Beach, FL · Member since 2015 · 63 posts · 41 votes
    9y

    I thought this was a real estate investors platform, not a forum for political whining?

  • Jerusalem, Israel · Member since 2015 · 144 posts · 14 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Jill Haselman:

    I thought this was a real estate investors platform, not a forum for political whining?

    Welcome to the off-topic section of BP!

  • Jill HaselmanPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Delray Beach, FL · Member since 2015 · 63 posts · 41 votes
    9y

    Fair enough.  I'm just so saturated with everyone's "opinions"-- largely with no facts-- and I go to BP to escape the madness and dialogue with other like minded investors.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.