Blagojevich under Federal Custody

29 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    17y

    Spielberg couldn't have dreamed up a better script. The Illinois politicians are definitely a species of their own . . . cheers Mr. President Elect to Be!

  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y

    Very true Josh. I believe I kept warning folks here and elsewhere if you elect this clown.....be ready for Chicago style politics on the national scale. The fools have no idea what they're in for.....and Oprah won't save them.

  • Rental Property Investor · Mercer Island, WA · Member since 2008 · 22k+ posts · 14k+ votes
    17y

    The guy knew he was under investigation and STILL tried to sell the open senate seat.

  • Real Estate Investor · the villages, FL · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    17y

    It was just announced thatBlagojevich is accused(other other charges) of offering the state senante seat Obama is leaving. "get my wife a big job, give me a certain amount of money, etc and I'll deliver you to the U.S. Senate" Yowser, if its' true.
    Other charges coming and they had his phone tapped and got lots of goodies on him.

  • Real Estate Investor · the villages, FL · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    17y

    Last Ill governor is in prison, so no surprise. I wonder how Obama stays "so clean"? This is going to be good...

  • Real Estate Investor · OH · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 86 votes
    17y

    I am willing to bet this guy will roll on Obama. I am sure he has plenty of dirt on him.

  • Real Estate Consultant · Member since 2008 · 792 posts · 30 votes
    17y

    There is nothing worse than a politician that "needs" money.

  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Rich Weese:
    Last Ill governor is in prison, so no surprise.quote]

    Actually Edgar was clean but yeah - a lot of dirt here.
  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    17y

    I'm willing to agree with Tom here . . . the Gov. probably has lots of goodies on Rezko / Obama / and the rest of the gang. Time will tell what's to come.

  • Real Estate Investor · the villages, FL · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    17y

    Supposedly they have documents showing that he put the seat out to different people. "candidate # 5" offered gov 1 million to be named. They didn't match up the name to the mil yet. He'll probably be out on bail today..

  • Real Estate Consultant · Member since 2008 · 792 posts · 30 votes
    17y

    From the Smoking Gun:

    http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2008/1209081rod1.html

    WARNING: vulgar language....but it's funny and apparently true.

  • Real Estate Investor · Harrisburg, PA · Member since 2008 · 716 posts · 41 votes
    17y

    I have been all over the media today to learn more on this. Anyone know how long he had been under investigation, ie - how long had his phones been tapped?

  • CA · Member since 2008 · 277 posts · 11 votes
    17y

    Nobama will eventually give Blagojevich a pardon. Wait 'n see.

    Yup, "the Chicago Way"--national-style--is about to be ushered in on January 20.

  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y

    Actually, if you read what Blago said about Obama's choice and Obama himself....I wouldn't hold my breath on that pardon....

  • Real Estate Consultant · Member since 2008 · 792 posts · 30 votes
    17y

    I'm sure I'm reaching on this one but I find this following statement by Blago interesting:

    "but they're (Obama's camp) not willing to give me anything except appreciation. F--- them."

    I'm sure I'm reading in to things, but this statement obviously implies that Obama (or someone in his camp) was asked about the possibility of compensation for the position.

    I don't know about anyone else, but I wouldn't make that kind of request if it was completely unexpected. To me, this is anecdotal evidence that Obama's team is approachable about such arrangements.

    Kudos to Tim, you warned us about the Chicago style politics.

  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y

    While Blago's out on bail, this little gem came out today:

    "His (Obama) statement that he didn't have contact with Blagojevich about the Senate seat seems to conflict with that of top adviser David Axelrod, who told Fox News Chicago on Nov. 23: "I know he's (Obama) talked to the governor, and there are a whole range of names, many of which have surfaced, and I think he has a fondness for a lot of them."

    On Tuesday, Axelrod issued a statement saying: "I was mistaken. ... They did not then or at any time discuss the subject"

    Translation....DOH!!!

    The story:

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081210/ap_on_go_pr_wh/illinois_governor_obama

    Now as I recall when Martha Stewart went out to the press and made contradicting statements - it was used as evidence against her for insider trading. Am I wrong?

    I think we may make history with this election folks. The last time we elected a democrat president we made history with the first impeached president since Andrew Johson. Now we may have the first president under investigation....before he takes office....lol...

  • Lender · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2008 · 351 posts · 40 votes
    17y

    Yeah this guy is so bad. I don't know too much about all the old guys from chicago because I am finally old enough to really understand what is going on but he is just real real bad...

    He is trying to screw the cubs too! That make me even more mad!

  • Real Estate Investor · Bartlett, IL · Member since 2008 · 45 posts · 0 votes
    17y

    Tim - Homer Simpson would be proud!

  • CA · Member since 2008 · 277 posts · 11 votes
    17y

    Well, well, well...look who "Candidate #5" is.

    CHICAGO (AP) - A lawyer for U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. says the congressman is the "Senate Candidate 5" mentioned in the federal corruption complaint against Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich. Attorney James D. Montgomery Sr. said Wednesday that Jackson never had a "pay-to-play" conversation with Blagojevich.
    The governor is accused of trying to profit from his authority to appoint a replacement to fill President-elect Barack Obama's Senate seat.

    Montgomery says Jackson "never authorized anyone to seek the governor's support" for anything of value.

    And he says Jackson isn't aware of any associates having made such an overture on his behalf.

    Montgomery says Jackson learned he was mentioned in the complaint against Blagojevich the night before the governor's arrest on Tuesday.

  • Real Estate Investor · Portage, IN · Member since 2008 · 25 posts · 1 vote
    17y

    I would bet Jesse Sr. made the offers. Blagojevich's wife was to get a high paying union job with SEIU Union and Jesse Sr. is closely affifiated with them. Plus he could easily raise the campagn funds promised.

  • Real Estate Investor · Lakeville, MN · Member since 2008 · 153 posts · 17 votes
    17y

    Maybe this is my cynical nature, but it seems to me this guy was arrested for talking honestly about what politicians do. He was using his office to get money from some people and give it to others (himself in this case). How is that different than all these other politicians who just took billions from us and gave it to banks and auto companies who donate heavily to the politicians campaigns. Why do we arrest this guy and yet let all the other ones go?

  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Hal Cranmer:
    Why do we arrest this guy and yet let all the other ones go?

    Classic politics. When people get mad, they want ANY criminal taken down. You need a fall guy to keep people focused away. You have all attention focused on SOB Blagojevich....and it allows other people to continue operating.

  • Real Estate Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2008 · 553 posts · 20 votes
    17y

    It seems to me that the billions given to the banks is being used to buy & consolidate institutions.

    Has anyone heard that Wells Fargo is purchasing Wachovia?

  • CA · Member since 2008 · 277 posts · 11 votes
    17y

    He's not in federal custody; he went to the office today as if everything is peachy keen.

  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y

    Now the story from his former democrat buddies is Blago's crazy, mentally incompetent.....

    He knows something. He knows something that they don't want know and have to discredit him completely for ahead of time.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.