Who's Attending a Tea Party Today?

Who's Attending a Tea Party Today?

Real Estate Investor · OH · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes

I AM! One side of my sign says "Clinging to GUNS and GOD!" and the other side says "NO SOCIALISM IN AMERICA!"

Anyone else?




0Reply
28 views

36 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Kirk B:
    Kirk,
    There's no need to associate legitimate political protest with a homosexual act. It reflects poorly on you no matter how funny Anderson Cooper thought he was and how cool you think you are by imitating him.


    Where did you get homosexual act out of what I posted LOL! If you somehow drew that conclusion I think it reflects poorly on you not me.

    Oh please.... :roll: They were Tea Party protests and you tried to call them Tea Bagging Parties the same way the press tried to manipulate them into a joke.

    Originally posted by Kirk B:
    Except for the part about you lived in Boston and Chicago the rest is just blatantly incorrect.

    That was half a joke that I guess you didn't catch.

    Originally posted by Kirk B:
    How can you so easily forget that this country went from a budget surplus to a deficit of $1 trillion dollars in 8 years. The difference now is where this money is being redistributed.

    I never forgot that nor denied it. You seem to have missed though the point of 8 years vs. 60 days....and we have almost 4 more years of this crap to look forward to.

    Originally posted by Kirk B:
    Finally, I know what socialism is because I have a BA degree in Political Science. The definition of Socialism is that there is no private ownership of capital. All capital is owned equally by every individual. I don't see where Obama wants to eliminate private ownership of capital.


    "Capital owned equally by every individual"....sounds like "spread the wealth around" to me. The difference in reality between socialism of a book and socialism of real world implementation is that in the real world there is a political elite that takes it upon themselves to distribute this capital "equally" as they see fit - but that standard never seems to apply to them. Kind of like politicians that set monetary and tax policy, while not paying taxes themselves. Where have I heard that before?

    Tim

  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Michael Culler:
    What really irks me is the fact that we all worry about these Liberal vs Conservative and Dem vs. Rep issues.

    Meanwhile NOBODY is discussing whether or not a group of bankers should control our nations monetary policy.

    You call it what you want. What you call money, I call Federal Reserve Notes.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Reserve_Note

    I wish this was a conspiracy theory, and not the way it really is. But yes, every dollar is really a debt owed to the Fed with interest. The taxes you pay on your labor (also un-constitutional) goes towards paying this debt.



    I agree. A little Andrew Jackson would go a long way right now.
  • Select a State · Member since 2009 · 156 posts · 17 votes
    17y

    I think many of the so called "socialist" policies are very effective in maintaining a stable capitalist environment. The boom and bust business cycle used to be much more destructive. With the various safety nets, we have enjoyed a prolonged period of economic growth marked by little inflation and stable GNP growth. And yes, we are in a BAD spot primarily due to greedy bankers and insurers left unregulated. More "socialist policies" would likely have prevented the sub-prime meltdown.

    My eye are very wide open. America is a representative democracy and a free capitalist society. While there are some ineffective redistributivem policies by and large most government intervention in the marketplace helps stabilize our economy and perpetuates our wealth.

    I find it odd that on one hand many buy and hold landlords on this site live off of section 8 tenants while on the other hand complain about government overspending.

    I think people are fearful of being overtaxed to pay for those that are undeserving. Many landlords here are in the trenches with low class scumbag tenants that live off of the government (us). Instead of mislabeling policies as "Socialist" why not attack these policies head on with ways to clean up wasteful spending.

  • Real Estate Investor · OH · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y

    It's not contradictory or odd that landlords accept Section 8 and then complain about the overspending. My preference would be to STOP all handouts except to those that are SERIOUSLY physically disabled. No Section 8, no food stamps, no welfare, no medical care - NADA! If you are too lazy to work, you're free to starve or freeze.

    Having said that, I have more faith in people than that. I believe that people faced with the choice of working or starving would actually choose to work. We're enabling these lazy scumbags by giving them everything - and that's a national tragedy!

    Mike

  • Real Estate Investor · North Carolina · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 483 votes
    17y

    I am a buy and hold landlord with some 'government-aid' tenants.

    Do I take their legally-acquired money? Yes.

    Do I watch them have more babies out of wedlock or otherwise scam the system to continue getting free government money? Yes.

    Would I vote to end this undeserved free money? YES!

    As for boom-and-bust cycles, economists call that 'creative destruction'. A classic example might be the nation-wide demise of buggy whip manufacturing with the advent of the internal combustion engine.

    Long live capitalism unfettered by government.

  • Select a State · Member since 2009 · 156 posts · 17 votes
    17y

    Did particpants bring and wave tea bags at these events? Isn't tea distibuted via a tea bag? If I was poking fun at anything it was the vision of grown adults waving tea bags around. If you interpolated some sort of homosexual inuendo from that I don't know what to tell you other than that was not my intent.

    Do you honestly believe this? Please provide a source. According to my calculations this statement suggests Obama has spent $50 trillion dollars in his first 100 days LOL. Where did you hear this "fact." If this is an attempt at humor, you are correct, I missed it! I thought you were trying to say that these cities are bastions of socialist policy. Why would that be funny, escpecially for you? Well that is strange since they are completely different. And this quote is taken out of context totally. This is a quote from Obama who spoke with Joe "the Plumber the Liar" who dishonestly said he was going to earn more than 250k in 2009 which would be subject to a tax increase under Obama's proposed plan. Obama was referring to the increase in taxes that this individual would pay would be spread to others or redristibuted. ALL TAX money (ie wealth) is SPREAD or redistributed. How can you not understand the difference between a government with a progressive tax rate and a government that strips every individual the freedom to pursue wealth! This is a SUBSTANTIAL divide.

    Socialism is not a change in tax rates. Socialism is not big government. Socialism is fundamentally incompatible with our Constitutional right for Life, Liberty, and the pursuit fo Happiness.

    Stop labeling liberal democratic policy as socialist. Its like calling conservative policy fascism. Please question the whoever is feeding you this BS.

    If you have a problem with the amount of money governement is spending, please address the areas where government should cut back. Please don't resort to some ignorant fear mongering campaign to mislabel liberalism as Socialism. All that does is serve party politics (the Republicans who are part of the problem too) and solves nothing.

    Mike-

    I think there are people that "game" the system unfairly. There are people that do not work even though they could. I strongly agree with you that these individuals should be rooted out of "the system" for thier dishonest and fraudulent actions.

  • Real Estate Investor · Tampa Bay, FL · Member since 2009 · 180 posts · 17 votes
    17y

    Its safe to say I have to give up on the idea that anyone cares about how our monetary system works. And how it is set up for multiple failures.

    It is much easier to just continue to play along, and that's what most will do.

    That being said, I am thinking of a move before hyperinflation gets the next depression going.

    Perhaps the UK or China would be a good choice? As a visitor of course...

  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2008 · 557 posts · 70 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Michael Culler:
    I am thinking of a move before hyperinflation gets the next depression going.

    Perhaps the UK or China would be a good choice? As a visitor of course...


    Learning Mandarin is probably a good idea in general these days.

    On a semi related note, I was pretty impressed when I came across 'end the fed' yesterday. The rallies in Nov. 2008 actually got a little news. Apr 25 2009 is the next one: Held at all major fed branches. I like the clip of Ron Paul at the Texas rally

    http://endthefed.us/
  • Real Estate Investor · OH · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y

    Michael,

    I understand and care how the Federal Reserve and the monetary system works. I also want to get rid of the Federal Reserve and return control of our monetary system to the people AND get back on the gold standard.

    Unfortunately, I don't think these things are any more likely than getting rid of the entitlements or the bailouts until the economy completely collapses. As you know from your study of the Federal Reserve; fiat money; and fractional reserve banking - you know that a complete collapse is inevitable. The only question is WHEN?

    Got an idea? I gotta tell you that I'm having a tough time figuring out when it will happen, or should I say how long the government can postpone it by printing funny money.

    Mike

  • Real Estate Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2008 · 456 posts · 42 votes
    17y

    "Where did you get homosexual act out of what I posted LOL! If you somehow drew that conclusion I think it reflects poorly on you not me."

    When you mentioned the Federal Government..that's where the homosexual act came in. And it reflects badly on the American people as a whole that we've been stupid enough to let them bend us over like that for this long.

    "Stop labeling liberal democratic policy as socialist. Its like calling conservative policy fascism."

    No, the current party in control pretty much has fascism wrapped up as well. Stop labeling all conservatives as Republican. Not all of us are just as all Republicans are not conservative.

    Other good Tea Party Signs:

    Bankrupt America! Yes We Can!

    Iraq Needs a Constitution. Give Them Ours. We Don't Use It!

    And my fav...Commander in Thief!

  • Real Estate Investor · Tampa Bay, FL · Member since 2009 · 180 posts · 17 votes
    17y

    Excellent link Matty, and very much appreciated. I may have to form my own group, or drive to Miami.

    MikeOH, I have no idea when the complete collapse could be, or if that will be allowed to happen. If you figure it out, please let me know well before it happens.

    Although if they add in higher taxes (for the so called rich), increased inflation (everyone enjoys this), and more corporate layoffs (inevitable when they raise taxes) we could see more serious problems in the not so distant future.

    But hey, more people will qualify for public housing, food stamps, "free" health care, etc... so its not all bad right?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.