Commercial Property Build "In-Progress" needed for Film set

Commercial Property Build "In-Progress" needed for Film set

Investor · New Market, MD · Member since 2016 · 20 posts · 4 votes

I know this request is a bit off-topic (thus the category listing), but I have a friend who is looking to film an interview with a client in a partially completed commercial building (drywall or framed stage). I'm wondering if anyone knows of such a place in the DCA (Washington DC area). Filming would take place in the next 2-3 weeks with a light crew. I'm not sure about compensation, but will check once possibilities come forward.

Much thanks for any info or leads.

0Reply
5 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    10y
    Judah Houser - follow the tower cranes. There are plenty of them up. Drive by a construction site and find the general contractor or developer and call them and ask them. You would need to be very specific on what it is your filming for and have to sign off on a lot of waivers but I don't see why you couldn't make this happen
    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Real Estate Investor · Tacoma, WA · Member since 2013 · 87 posts · 55 votes
    10y
    Judah Houser As someone who is in the commercial construction industry, I can confidently tell you that you will have no success with your request asking contractors or superintendents. They simply do not have that authority, and immense liability worries. However, the owners of those buildings will be much more open to such ideas.
  • Investor · New Market, MD · Member since 2016 · 20 posts · 4 votes
    10y

    Thanks. I'll go by sight and work my way up the chain to the owners for permissions. You both are excellent people for helping so quickly.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.