U.S. & CHINA Ponzi Scheme?

U.S. & CHINA Ponzi Scheme?

Specialist · Las Cruces, NM · Member since 2009 · 557 posts · 71 votes

Here's an article regarding the topic:

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/SuperModels/mad-world-chinas-bind-is-ours-too.aspx


I've been very interested in this topic ever since I began reading Rich Dad Poor Dad series and Donald Trump's books.

If are money is destined to go flat.....what then?

What is the best way to protect ourselves as individuals and as a country?

I'd like to know other people's opinion on the topic.

0Reply
57 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Mableton, GA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 465 votes
17y
Originally posted by Jesse:
Maybe a flat tax. Every individual pay a flat tax to be designated for certain income brackets.

People are eventually going to have to take care of themselves.
I believe the days of food stamps, social security, and other federal programs like these need to come to an end.
It's time to stop taking advantage of the system, make some sacrifices and do something for the good of the nation.



Sorry, Jessie. Not by a long shot. Flat tax is conservative idea to protect the rich from paying disproportionate taxes. That would never fly with the current congress or administration and as you can see, the opposite is happening.
With regard to cut all social programs and budget-busting entitlements, show me the congressman or senator who would vote for that and go back to his/ her state or district for re-election. No siree Bob...
See this reply in the discussion

52 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2008 · 456 posts · 42 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by J Scott:
    Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:

    Yeah, I read several articles and read Snopes and it just doesn't make sense.


    Agreed with Tim...

    While there's not much that politicians could do that would surprise me these days, this is one of those things that even the average lazy American would get off his sofa to complain about.

    If there's any proof that this has happened (other than a random Internet forum post), I'm open to it...but it doesn't pass the evidence test nor the common sense test.

    (Of course, most things the gov't does don't pass the common sense test :)


    I agree with Tim too but apparently not too many people have heard about it and if they have its the norm to dismiss something that outlandish as BS and like I said in another thread somewhere about this I don't imagine they would broadcast it for that very reason. Jesse, that's my point. I don't think they kept giving us money without something. That's why I have been searching the internet, libraries, newspapers, magazines, etc. for anything else on this. So far I have come up with nothing else that was given or anything to refute what is flying around on the web. Granted the link I gave was the one e-mailed to me but there are a great number on the topic out there but as mentioned none that are from reputable news sources (though I seriously doubt there is any such thing). I personally take the stance Eddie did, I don't claim its true but I won't deny it either simply because I cannot honestly do so. I have no proof of either. Just a lot of questions.
  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Jesse R:

    Do you fellows believe that we offered anything else to them?
    Would there be any way of finding out?

    I highly doubt that the Chinese are satisfied with an iou at this point.


    Ditto to everything Tim said above...
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.