The In&Out Stimulus plan

The In&Out Stimulus plan

Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes

No Mr. Clinton, we mean something else.

I understand California's having a little budget problem so I'm going to help out by spending a week bringing in some out of state money there. Notably I will be bringing a significant portion of that out of state money to In & Out Burger. :D

We did this before where Matty M and I had lunch there and Will Barnard and his partner and I had lunch on a separate day and it was great meeting other people and getting other folks' ideas. I'd like to put together another BP lunch and reconnect with those I met there and meet new people. I left California last time with big ideas and plans - some of which I did not pursue because a small car accident got me to reassess what was really important to me, and some of which I have incorporated into my life. It would be nice to see where everyone is at 1 year later. It would also be nice to see new faces there.

It's going to be some time between October 12th and the 19th. We can start putting together some prelim plans in this thread. We're going to talk real estate and do some bs-ing (goes hand in hand with real estate right?) and no worries - there will be NO political discussions unless you want to run the risk of subjecting yourself to a standup routine I'm working on based on how Bush would have used a teleprompter.

So let's get this thing together. I'll shoot Eddie a pm about it. We've already been talking about doing something like this.

Tim

0Reply
3 views

32 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    17y

    Tim -
    I may be joining this one . . . keep me in the loop with the details

  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2008 · 557 posts · 70 votes
    17y

    Awesome idea Tim -
    I had a great time last time. It will be good to see you again and meet some new faces.

  • Lender · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2008 · 351 posts · 40 votes
    16y

    You want to bring some business to Arizona? We can still meet up at In n Out?

    Although if anyone is interested in Arizona this would be pretty cool... Not trying to steal your thunder Tim!

  • Real Estate Investor · the villages, FL · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    16y

    Matt and Tim- If you want better attendance, I suggest you hold it in AZ at The Heart Attack Grill!! If you haven't been there, you must try it. NO healthy foods are served. All the waitresses are naughty nurses, burgers are 1/2 pound per patty and they have bypass, double , triple, and quadruple Bypass burger. Check out their website.
    I was there before the national championship a couple years ago. It is worth the visit!!!!!!!!1 Rich.

  • Real Estate Investor · Amarillo, TX · Member since 2008 · 547 posts · 214 votes
    16y

    the one in chandler az is my fav! think it might be the only Heart attack grill, not sure if its a franchise or not.!
    Ill take a triple bypass!
    -Scott

  • Lender · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2008 · 351 posts · 40 votes
    16y

    Wow Rich, Ive never heard about that place. So I visited the website, and apparently if you weigh over 350 pounds you eat free! Unfortunately I'm 200 pounds away but hey, still something Ive never seen before...

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    16y

    Lets make this thing happen . . . I'd like to propose we do it on Wednesday or Thursday at the In-N-Out on Van Nuys and Moorpark Street in Sherman Oaks, CA.

    Lets set a time and make it happen . . .

    What work for everyone? Afternoon or evening?

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    16y

    I am game Tim and Josh.
    It was great to meet you in person last trip and although I missed the In and Out buger night with Matty and you due to the fires by my house, we did get to have some great BBQ.

    I am all-in as they say in Holdem, just get me the itinerary via PM or email direct.

    Josh, afternoons work for me, the Sherman Oaks In and Out is fine as well.

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    16y

    Great . . . so we've got two of us. What about the rest of you?

  • Real Estate Investor · the villages, FL · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    16y

    I'm travelling a different direction presently, so can't make it.

    Heart attack Grill shouldn't be missed. My wife and I split a Bypass burger and had some left. The quadruple bypass is 9-10" tall and each of the 4 patties is half pound. Check out there site.
    I tried to buy a franchise, and then the developer changed his mind. I wanted Honolulu. Rich

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    16y

    Keep me in the loop with any updates and itineraries Josh.

    Will B

  • Real Estate Investor · the villages, FL · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    16y

    Keep me in loop also. I travel a lot. Rich

  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    16y

    Josh,
    By my count from this thread and pm's I've gotten it looks like You, I, Matty M, Eddie and Will. I'll know later tonight what days this week will work best and will try to find a pretty central location for everyone. And there's no fires this time. This should be good.

    Tim

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Orange County, CA · Member since 2009 · 289 posts · 95 votes
    16y

    Could be fun. Let me know when and where and I'll see if I can make it, too.

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    16y

    I will be on a cruise from Friday to Monday, so hopefully you will not choose any of those days.

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    16y

    Ok - here's the deal:

    Where:
    In-N-Out Burger
    4444 Van Nuys Blvd.
    Sherman Oaks, California 91403
    Map

    When:
    This Thursday, October 15, 2009 at 1:00 PM PST

    RSVP Here so we know who is coming . . .

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    16y

    I'm there, possibly Michael too, I sent him the RSVP link.

  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    16y

    Perfect choice Josh. 20 minutes from my hotel and in fact I think that's the exact location we held it last time.

    I'll be there.

    Tim

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    16y

    Tim, I was not there last time obviously, but was it not the Burbank location off the 5 freeway last year?

    At any rate, the Sherman Oaks location works fine (although the traffic in that area is heavy).

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    16y

    There shouldn't be any traffic that time of day (something I took into consideration).

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Orange County, CA · Member since 2009 · 289 posts · 95 votes
    16y

    Too bad for me. Too far away in the middle of a work day. I will take a rain check and join you guys next time - hopefully when I'm not a slave to the man.

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    16y
    Originally posted by Joshua Dorkin:
    There shouldn't be any traffic that time of day (something I took into consideration).
    I think you will find that this area has a bit of street traffic no matter what time of day, but what I was really getting at was the high traffic/volume in that In and Out as do many others like it at 1 PM.
    We Californians love our In and Out!

    Looking forward to it guys (and gals if any) :lol:

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    16y

    That's all part of the fun, Will. We may get a table or two, or we may end up hanging out in the corner. If all else fails, we can walk across the street and hang out by the El Torito bar.

  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2008 · 557 posts · 70 votes
    16y

    See you tomorrow.

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    16y

    See you there Matty.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.