Need help verifying the legitimacy of a Lender

Need help verifying the legitimacy of a Lender

Palmetto , FL · Member since 2017 · 18 posts · 7 votes

I have been approached by Michael Galdis Adamez a member of bigger pockets through the forum.  All seem honky dory but I have a bit of hesitation. I am trying to get a Cash out refi and he seems like he will be able to get me a good rate and the amount I am looking for. I am new and haven't had to get a traditional mortgage yet. I need to know ways I can verify that this is a real person and not a scam. 

0Reply
5 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Consultant · Bloomfield, NJ · Member since 2010 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y
    if it was me, I would need to check him out with the Better Business Bureau for one. Then I'd look at ripoffreport.com. I also want to talk to regular members here who have used his services and were satisfied. then of course I'd have my attorney check all documentation.
  • Upen PatelPro Member
    Lender · Nationwide Lender · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 814 votes
    8y

    @Sage Fradley Each individual working in the residential lending space is required by law to get an NMLS #. You can go to http://www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org/ to verify the NMLS #. It will show you the name the NMLS # is registered under, the organization where this person is working and has worked in the past, and if there have been any complaints against them to NMLS.

    If they pass this test and the other aspects (e.g. company website and email) are good, then you should be ok.

    This are just a few pointers. Please do your own research before you make the decision.

  • Palmetto , FL · Member since 2017 · 18 posts · 7 votes
    8y

    @Ibrahim Hughes @Upen Patel Thank you guys for your advice. I was able to find him through the link you provided. But no information just his name and phone number. I think i will look elsewhere. I have asked him for some verifications and he hasn't got back with me.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.