Bank Vs. 86 year old woman...(humor)

Bank Vs. 86 year old woman...(humor)

Real Estate Investor · Frisco, TX, TX · Member since 2010 · 388 posts · 138 votes

86-year Old Lady's Letter to Bank

Shown below, is an actual
letter that was sent to a bank by an 86 year old woman.

The bank manager thought
it amusing enough to have it published in the New York
Times.

Dear Sir:
I am writing to thank you for bouncing my check with which I endeavored to pay my plumber last month.

By my calculations, three nanoseconds must have elapsed between his presenting the check and the arrival in my account of the funds needed to honor it..

I refer, of course, to the automatic monthly deposit of my entire pension, an arrangement which, I admit, has been in place for only eight years.

You are to be commended for seizing that brief window of opportunity, and also for debiting my account $30 by way of penalty for the inconvenience caused to your bank.

My thankfulness springs from the manner in which this incident has caused me to rethink my errant financial ways.

I noticed that whereas I personally answer your telephone calls and letters, --- when I try to contact you, I am confronted by the impersonal, overcharging, pre-recorded,
faceless entity which your bank has become.

From now on, I, like you, choose only to deal
with a flesh-and-blood person.

My mortgage and loan repayments will therefore and hereafter no longer be automatic, but will arrive at your bank, by check, addressed personally and confidentially to an employee at your bank whom you must nominate.

Be aware that it is an OFFENSE under the Postal Act for any other person to open such an envelope.

Please find attached an Application Contact
which I require your chosen employee to complete.

I am sorry it runs to eight pages, but in order that I know as much about him or her as your bank knows about me, there is no alternative.

Please note that all copies of his
or her medical history must be countersigned by a Notary Public, and the mandatory details of his/her financial situation (income, debts, assets and liabilities) must be accompanied by
documented proof.

In due course, at MY convenience, I will issue your employee with a PIN number which he/she must quote in dealings with me.

I regret that it cannot be shorter than 28
digits but, again, I have modeled it on the number of button presses required of me to access my account balance on your phone bank service.

As they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Let me level the playing field even further.

When you call me, press buttons as follows:

IMMEDIATELY AFTER DIALING, PRESS THE STAR (*) BUTTON FOR ENGLISH

#1. To make an appointment to see me


#2. To query a missing payment.


#3. To transfer the call to my living room in
case I am there.

#4 To transfer the call to my bedroom in case I am sleeping


#5. To transfer the call to my toilet in case I am attending to nature.


#6. To transfer the call to my mobile phone if I am not at home


#7. To leave a message on my computer, a
password to access my computer is required.

Password will be communicated to you at a later date to that Authorized
Contact mentioned earlier.

#8. To return to the main menu and to listen to options 1 through 7.

#9. To make a general complaint or
inquiry.

The contact will then be put on hold, pending the attention of my automated answering service.

#10. This is a second reminder to press* for
English.

While this may, on occasion, involve a lengthy wait, uplifting music will play for the duration of the call.

Regrettably, but again following your example, I must also levy an establishment fee to cover the setting up of this new arrangement.

May I wish you a happy, if ever so slightly
less prosperous New Year?

Your Humble Client

And remember: Don't make old People mad.

We don't like being old in the first place, so
it doesn't take much to piss us off.

11Reply
15 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
16y

That's what I'm talk'n about!

But she should also add, that any such requirements could change without notice being required and taking effect 10 days after changing her mind!

See this reply in the discussion

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Harlingen, TX · Member since 2010 · 51 posts · 8 votes
    16y

    Ali,
    This is to funny! Thanks for posting! :mrgreen:

  • Portharcourt, 0 · Member since 2010 · 24 posts · 3 votes
    16y

    Very hilarious! Love it.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · ALLENTOWN, PA · Member since 2010 · 38 posts · 19 votes
    16y

    Funny as hell!! especially being a banker myself and having to do mail on the daily LMAO!!

  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    16y

    That's what I'm talk'n about!

    But she should also add, that any such requirements could change without notice being required and taking effect 10 days after changing her mind!

  • Real Estate Investor · Aurora, CO · Member since 2010 · 175 posts · 92 votes
    16y

    I recently read an article where banks are now processing checks in the order in which they feel like it rather than first in and first out.

    This "service" usually involves honoring a larger amount causing it to be NSF so they can collect the associated fees. The days of the float are gone.

    Thanks for sharing this funny story!

  • Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    16y

    A guy goes into a bank and he says, "I'd like to talk to you about a loan." The banker replies, "Great! How much can you lend us?"

  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    16y
    Originally posted by Diane J.:
    I recently read an article where banks are now processing checks in the order in which they feel like it rather than first in and first out.

    This "service" usually involves honoring a larger amount causing it to be NSF so they can collect the associated fees. The days of the float are gone.

    Thanks for sharing this funny story!


    Actually, there are banks who stipulate the order in which they process the checks based on the dollar amount of the check. And yes, the order is such that they would extract the largest amount of NSF fees (or overdraft protection fees).
  • FL · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 357 votes
    16y

    LOL!

    More power to the 86 year old Lady!

    Ray in Ct.

  • Real Estate Investor · Frisco, TX, TX · Member since 2010 · 388 posts · 138 votes
    16y
    Originally posted by Financexaminer:
    That's what I'm talk'n about!

    But she should also add, that any such requirements could change without notice being required and taking effect 10 days after changing her mind!


    FE, that is hillarious. Although, very true.
  • Real Estate Investor · Frisco, TX, TX · Member since 2010 · 388 posts · 138 votes
    15y

    One more joke on this thread:

    A wife is naked in front of the mirror and says to her husband, "honey I feel fat and ugly, give me a compliment..."
    He says "woman, you have perfect vision"

    Tell me that is not funny!

  • Banker · Seattle, WA · Member since 2010 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    15y
    Originally posted by Ali Samana:
    One more joke on this thread:

    A wife is naked in front of the mirror and says to her husband, "honey I feel fat and ugly, give me a compliment..."
    He says "woman, you have perfect vision"

    Tell me that is not funny!

    Oh man. That is a quick way to get a black eye! :)

  • Real Estate Consultant · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2010 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    15y

    I didn't read everyone's replies, but that is awesome. Let's hope that complaints like this will be taken more seriously and automated systems will be replaced by humans systems as they should be.

  • Homeowner · Dalton, GA · Member since 2010 · 108 posts · 13 votes
    15y
    Originally posted by Diane J.:
    I recently read an article where banks are now processing checks in the order in which they feel like it rather than first in and first out.

    This "service" usually involves honoring a larger amount causing it to be NSF so they can collect the associated fees. The days of the float are gone.

    Thanks for sharing this funny story!

    they are processing larget of that day down to smallest so they can rack up on NSF fees on those littler checks that people try to beat it to the bank but check 21 caught them first business can scan a check and receive funds immediately but an individual has to wait til the check clears before they get there money all for the banks just like all economic stimulus

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.