Baseball Playoffs 2010 - any thoughts?

Baseball Playoffs 2010 - any thoughts?

Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes

Here is the thread with the spring predictions:
http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/56/topics/48284-baseball-season-2-1-predictions-thoughts-etc

Only two predictions there that came to be:
1.

Originally posted by Rich Weese:
My teams, dodgers and angels will both suck!! No improvement and steps backwards since last year. Rich


2.
Originally posted by Richard Warren:
Originally posted by Joshua Dorkin:
2010 - Another year that us Mets fans will be disappointed in . . .


When expectations are low it's much easier to exceed them.

NY Mets - 84-78, 3rd place behind Philadelphia and Atlanta. But they could get lucky....and pigs could fly...

:cool:


Seems both Josh and RichKat figured the Mets wouldn't fare so well.


So, what playoff predictions do you foresee?

0Reply
49 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2009 · 660 posts · 244 votes
15y

Tip of the hat :cap: to Halladay's performance today .... :clap:

See this reply in the discussion

37 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2009 · 660 posts · 244 votes
    15y

    Phillies look tough with 3 number one starters in Halladay, Oswalt and Hamels ...

  • Full-Time Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    15y

    i think i'm glad it's football season again :lol: :lol:

  • Financial Advisor · Tampa Area, FL · Member since 2008 · 956 posts · 214 votes
    15y

    GO RAYS!!!!

  • Real Estate Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2010 · 28 posts · 8 votes
    15y

    I'm with Josh!

  • Real Estate Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2009 · 660 posts · 244 votes
    15y

    Tip of the hat :cap: to Halladay's performance today .... :clap:

  • Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    15y

    The Phillies look strong...Although I haven't been paying much attention since college football started :-)

  • Real Estate Lender · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2009 · 216 posts · 112 votes
    15y

    Yeah DOC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    15y

    Only Phillies and Rays fans bothered to post up to now. And the Rays look to be in trouble, having lost the first two:

    http://www.comcast.net/sports/mlb/games/2010/10/07/MLB301007130/boxscore/

    And even if the Rays manage to win a couple, they will have to face Cliff Lee again - he proved to be a playoff shutdown pitcher in 2009.

    Phillies magic number is now 10 :cool:

  • Real Estate Agent · North Jersey, NJ · Member since 2008 · 287 posts · 51 votes
    15y

    Yankees are taking home #28!! Halladay looked good but he won't be pulling that off against the Yankee lineup.

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    15y

    This is the first year in many I can remember where I was watching NFL football each weekend rather than baseball. Usually, I cant get into NFL until end of October because my Halos are in there. No such luck this year.

    I am pulling for the Rangers simply because they are in my division and also pulling for anyone playing the Yankees. Not looking good so far TC, can you guys even win a playoff game?

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    15y

    My predictions for the rest of the season:
    Yankees
    Rangers
    Phillies
    Giants - all advance to ALCS and NLCS
    Rangers and Phillies advance to World Series
    Phillies win.
    Hope I am wrong as I will be pulling for Rangers, in expectation they beat the damn Yankees.

  • Real Estate Lender · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2009 · 216 posts · 112 votes
    15y

    Will, I would be fine if things played out like that.

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    15y
    Originally posted by James Harkness:
    Will, I would be fine if things played out like that.
    Can't figure out why you would say that? :lol: I would prefer Texas over your boys but either way, ahppy so long as NY is out!

  • Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    15y

    Rangers! I believe...I believe!

  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    15y

    As my previous post predicted, Cliff Lee does the job and shuts down the Rays. And now there are four teams left standing.

    Phillies host Giants.

    Rangers host Yankees.

  • Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    15y

    This may be the year for the Rangers. The Yankess will be a tough test though!

    Cliff Lee is a beast!

  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    15y

    The challenge for the Rangers will be to find two other pitchers to pick up wins against the Yankees, assuming Cliff Lee starts twice and gets 2 W's.

  • Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    15y

    I can't believe they actually won a series. Nolan Ryan will have them whipped into shape soon. The Round Rock Express will be their feeder team now so I guess I will have to be a Rangers fan along w/the Astros.

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    15y

    I am 4-4 on team predictions advancing so far, and now there are 4 left.

    Go Rangers! (I hate the Yankees and TX is in my division)
    Go Phillies! (I dislike the Giants)

  • Silver Spring, MD · Member since 2009 · 43 posts · 1 vote
    15y
    Originally posted by nationwidepi:
    I am 4-4 on team predictions advancing so far, and now there are 4 left.

    Go Rangers! (I hate the Yankees and TX is in my division)
    Go Phillies! (I dislike the Giants)


    Will I hate the Yaankees because I am an O's fan. Cliff Lee is to good and I believe they would pitch him Game 3,5,and 7 like the yankees did with C.C. last year,

    I think Phillies play Texas in the world series.
    Phillies win

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    15y

    Well, that is my prediction so we are in agreement David.

  • Real Estate Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2009 · 660 posts · 244 votes
    15y

    Rangers are a great story and even better knowing that Nolan Ryan is behind it all!! :cool:

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    15y
    Originally posted by Ted Harris:
    Rangers are a great story and even better knowing that Nolan Ryan is behind it all!! :cool:
    The "Express" is a top notch class act and he deserves a lot of credit for his fine work there in TX.

  • Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    15y

    Time to wake this thread up as it appears the TX RANGERS ARE JUST 12 OUTS AWAY FROM THEIR FIRST WORLD SERIES!!

  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    15y

    Anf the Rangers will have Cliff Lee ready to go in World Series game 1 if they beat the Yankees in game 6.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.