Baseball Season 2010 - Predictions, Thoughts, etc

Baseball Season 2010 - Predictions, Thoughts, etc

Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes

Be careful how you pre-judge the Angels and their so-called step back. While I personally did not like some of the changes, I did like others. I also loved the fact that they re-signed Izzi who is a stellar fielder, .300 hitter and a gamer with speed who could be a lead-off hitter..
I like the Matsui for Vladi, but did not like letting Figgins go or our horse - Big John, that said, we still have a very strong starting rotation.
The worst of it is not even the players, but in the announcers box. Who the hell thought it was a better idea to let go of the Hudster and replace him with Jose Mota? That is the most depressing of all to me.

I like our chances and feel we are the team to beat in the AL West.

0Reply
13 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · the villages, FL · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
16y

My teams, dodgers and angels will both suck!! No improvement and steps backwards since last year. Rich

See this reply in the discussion

14 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    16y

    Another spring has arrived, and another season awaits. Forecast your team's finish early this year.

  • Real Estate Investor · the villages, FL · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    16y

    My teams, dodgers and angels will both suck!! No improvement and steps backwards since last year. Rich

  • Investor · Westminster, CO · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    16y

    Preseason rankings are just that, preseason, but many folks have MY Angels right behind the Dam Yankees and Bosox. It should be another GREAT year for MY Angels (19 years season ticket holder)

  • Real Estate Agent · Bellflower, CA · Member since 2010 · 25 posts · 3 votes
    16y

    The young Dodgers have another year of experience under their belts, whereas the Angeles definitely took a step back.

  • Real Estate Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2009 · 660 posts · 244 votes
    16y

    Go Bosox! Should be in the hunt (as usual) .....

    Ted
    [Dad named me after Ted Williams ... wanted to name my brother 'Yaz' but Mom nixed that]

  • Real Estate Investor · the villages, FL · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    16y

    Losing Figgins and Lackey and even Vlad is like losing your heart, legs and muscles! What is left. I'm a 40 year Angel fan and even went to the All Star game at Angel Stadium a hundred years ago! That said, I'm afraid the Mariners did more to improve. I don't see Angels surviving as a Wild Card with yanks and sox always up there. We'll see. Go Angels, and Dodgers. Rich

  • Real Estate Investor · St. Louis, MO · Member since 2010 · 153 posts · 104 votes
    16y

    All right if you want to ignore the mid-west like a red headed step child thats fine with me. Just remember to keep an eye on the Redbirds. You will not be disappointed.
    Chris

  • Real Estate Investor · the villages, FL · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    16y

    ESPN just predicted the Angels to win their division again! Rockies to win West AND the World series. They've come of age and loaded up. Rich

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    16y

    2010 - Another year that us Mets fans will be disappointed in . . .

    BTW - feel free to insert any year and the above statement applies

  • Investor · Westminster, CO · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    16y

    Rich
    My first Angel game was in 1965, I was 5 years old. My father was actually called to try out for the Angels when they were a farm team, he was a catcher in High School.

    I can remember the 2002 World Series, I was living in Colorado, watching it on TV. Ask my son's how high I was jumping in our living room!!

    My prediction this year? Angels and Braves in the World Series!

  • Real Estate Investor · the villages, FL · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    16y

    Mike M- I think I got you beat. I went to see the Angels when Steve Bilko was their big first baseman. They were the LA Angels and not a Major League team.
    I also went to the LARGEST baseball crowd game in history. 1959- Dodgers and Yankees at the LA Coliseum, in honor of Roy Campanella who had been paralyzed in an auto accident. It was the most emotional game I've ever been to. Rich

  • Investor · Arlington, MA · Member since 2010 · 18 posts · 1 vote
    16y

    The Red Sox pitching staff looks pretty ridiculous this year. Hopefully that and some much much more solid defense will be enough to top the Evil Empire.

  • Altus, OK · Member since 2008 · 2k+ posts · 690 votes
    16y

    Angels are going to slaughter the season and go on to win the World Series.

  • Real Estate Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 447 votes
    16y
    Originally posted by Joshua Dorkin:
    2010 - Another year that us Mets fans will be disappointed in . . .

    When expectations are low it's much easier to exceed them.

    NY Mets - 84-78, 3rd place behind Philadelphia and Atlanta. But they could get lucky....and pigs could fly...

    :cool:

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.