BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
Any basketball fans out there? What are your thoughts about the playoffs so far?
My Knicks got eviscerated, the Lakers are a complete surprise (because they have sucked), and San Antonio looked like a bunch of geriatrics. Who's going to take this championship?
BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
15y
I'm glad to see that the Mavs did it. Actually, I was very impressed at how classy Mark Cuban and gang were after winning.
It just proves that fundamentals are far more important than flash. It is too bad that James couldn't be humble and had to go out and attack the "haters" after winning.
That said, despite what some commentators want to think, the Finals proved to me that LeBron and crew have a long way to go before they can be named amongst the best players to ever play the game - the Champions. Bill Russel, Wilt, Kobe, Michael are no-brainers . . . D-Wade and LeBron need to shut their mouths, eat some humble pie, lose the cocky "8-championships" crap, and come back next year with a little humility.
They are definitely talented, but I think they all need a little PR training....
Investor · Southlake, TX · Member since 2009 · 950 posts · 338 votes
15y
I'm so happy for the Mavs. What a storybook playoffs this has been for them. The old men making one last run against the new dream team. This was Rocky-like.
I love the struggles, sacrifice, determination, and faith (both in themselves and in God. I heard that before they opened up the locker room to all of the press after the game, Jet led the team in the Lords Prayer) that allowed them to win over a more talented team. This is full of life lessons for all of us.
Has everyone heard that today is LBJ day? Yea it is! Everyone can take the last 12 minutes off!!!!!!!!!
Real Estate Investor · allentown, PA · Member since 2011 · 90 posts · 4 votes
15y
Lebron folds like the greatest off all time.... what a joke comparing him to any of them...see 3 pts per game in the 4th quarter... not enough praise for Dirk and the Mavs