Lender · Tyngsboro, MA · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
Just ran across a great app for my Droid called Lookout. It will:
1. LOCATE: Activate my gps and locate my phone within meters on a google map from an internet connected PC
2. SCREAM: Turn on a loud and flashing alarm even if my volume is off, so once I determine the approximate location from "Locate" I can turn on the SCREAM and find my phone
3. VIRUS PROTECTION: Checks all my downloaded apps
4. BACKUP for my data.
The premium version will also lock the phone remotely and wipe all the data if I want, in case it is stolen and can't be found in time.
I have no affiliation with Lookout, but love the app and thought I'd share.
www.mylookout.com works with Android, Blackberry and Windows mobile. Enjoy
:D :D
Rental Property Investor · Mercer Island, WA · Member since 2008 · 22k+ posts · 14k+ votes
15y
There is a similar find my iphone function for iphones and ipads. You need a iPhone 4 or iPad to set it up, but once set up, you can set up older iPhones. Its part of mobile me, but is free if you're not signed up for mobile me.
You do have to configure the phone into the service before you lose it. I suspect the andriod app is the same.