EnviroTabs - anyone heard/used?

EnviroTabs - anyone heard/used?

Real Estate Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 268 votes

Has anyone heard of or used the EnviroTabs (http://www.envirotabs.com/) which claim to to a whole lot - from increasing the MPG by 18% to reducing emissions?
Sounds too good to be true - maybe it is?..

Any thoughts?...

0
Topic locked
50 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · Sparks, NV · Member since 2008 · 45 posts · 28 votes
15y

Envirotabs works! Actually because of Envirotabs, Slick 50, fuel line magnet, tornado, hydrogen generator, and other products I've bought, my fuel tank actually fills as I drive. I have to pull over at a gas station every 400 miles or so to unload gas.

3
Topic locked
See this reply in the discussion

28 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2011 · 103 posts · 22 votes
    15y

    It's quite too good to be true. It says that there is some sort of "catalyst" for the combustion. Unfortunately, combustion isn't something that's really catalyzed.

    If you want to talk catalyzation, it's basically one chemical that acts as an intermediary of a reaction, so instead of going from A to C directly, which could be very slow (usually is, our body catalyzes a number if important functions, as does your car's catalytic converter for emissions), it goes from A to B very quickly, and then B to C very quickly.

    There's not really a way to catalyze a combustion reaction, since a combustion reaction using octane isn't that complex and it's already in its fastest form. In fact, it seems as though EnviroTabs do the opposite of what's best, they lower the octane levels, or tell people to use lower octane. Less octane means less combustion in the chamber, weaker combustion overall, and less power from each cylinder.

    The most troubling part is how it talks about lowering the heat required for an engine, and saying it works with diesel. Diesel uses no heat, it is purely compression-based. This is why diesel trucks have engine-warmers in the winter, there is some heat required for the combustion to take place. Even if this chemical/tab/whatever actually does reduce the heat required for a combustion, there is no benefit to that for a diesel engine.

    In unleaded gasoline engines, combustion is spark-triggered, by your spark/pulse plugs. The heat doesn't play a role in this, which is why you don't need to idle your unleaded gasoline engines in cold weather, and they don't need engine warmers (unless your gas freezes, which is a whole different ballpark). Retaining heat within the cylinders doesn't matter, since the mixture of compression and spark is what drives the combustion.

    Yes, you could say that the increased heat in the engine allows for a slightly faster combustion process, but there are better alternatives.

    If you'd like, there are things like pulse spark plugs, which deliver much stronger sparks to more efficiently ignite the gasoline in your non-diesel engine, and there are some differences in the quality.

    Or, you can tune your gear ratios to better levels, you could change fuel-air mixtures, change the filters, and so on. All of these things do help, but there is no magic way to increase fuel efficiency. Also, using the octane rating it says in your manual is important. Some cars take 89, 90, or 92 octane. The lowest sold isn't always the best value, for your engine or your mileage. They call the high-end stuff Premium or Ultra for a reason.

    1
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 268 votes
    15y

    Wow that's one thorough response

    0
    Topic locked
  • Homeowner · Coolidge, AZ · Member since 2011 · 1 post · 0 votes
    15y

    I'm a distributor of this product. I've been using it for about 5 months now, and so far I've gained 4 to 5 miles per gallon, went from 26 mpg to 31 mpg, which is a savings of around 15%. And I save even more by using regular instead of premium gas. One tab treats 20 gallons. My fuel tank is about 15 gallons, so I use three quarters of a tablet each time I fill it up. I'm more than happy to answer any questions that you may have about this product.

    0
    Topic locked
  • SFR Investor · Orange County, CA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    15y

    I would find an impartial opinion. Car and Driver magazine recently tested 4 "fuel saving" products and found none of them made a bit of difference.

    If it was so easy to increase MPG without any negative effects, you'd think the automobile manufacturers would be doing it.

    1
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Investor · NY · Member since 2008 · 313 posts · 87 votes
    15y

    you can probably get better mpg by just watching how you drive. I read a few articles on hyper-miling and they are a little much but it shows if you are more conscious on how you drive you can actually save a lot of money.

    1
    Topic locked
  • Tallinn, Harju · Member since 2011 · 10 posts · 0 votes
    15y

    guess again, Envirotabs do work! i wonder why anybody dont test it in engine where results are seen by eye ? well i did... on a two stroke engine!

    www.youtube/watch?v=OKPwJiduTzo/simpelman

    0
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 268 votes
    15y
    Originally posted by rainer raamets:
    guess again, Envirotabs do work! i wonder why anybody dont test it in engine where results are seen by eye ? well i did... on a two stroke engine!

    www.youtube/watch?v=OKPwJiduTzo/simpelman

    Your link does not work
    Secondly, i spoke with a GM engineer who reviewed the claims made by envirotabs made on their website.
    Among other things, he stated that most likely the product is a fuel injector cleaning chemical. Cleaning fuel injector does not have to be constant.Clean it once with any generic product sold at auto parts store, and achieve the same results.
    Also, envirotabs proudly disclaim that they're EPA registered. Essentially it only means that EPA is aware this product exist on the market. It doesn't imply the product possesses some superior qualities.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Tallinn, Harju · Member since 2011 · 10 posts · 0 votes
    15y

    on the link .com is missing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKPwJiduTzo)

    and your info is old and wrong..
    Envirotabs are EPA approved by now and they even dont know what catecory to put it because it is NOT fuel additive..

    and more to think about to You:
    List of things Greenfoot Global EnviroTabs has that others don't:

    Patent

    Nobel Piece Prize technology

    Initially used by the U.S. Government / Department of Defense

    $1,000,000 Liability Insurance (Won't ever need it, But they Have it)

    0
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 268 votes
    15y

    Thank you Rainer. A couple of comments...

    Patent... I can get a patent on the way I open my front door. It does not mean anything.

    Initially used by the U.S. Government / Department of Defense. The most important question is - why was it abandoned after initial use?
    What does the user need the liability insurance for?

    0
    Topic locked
  • Tallinn, Harju · Member since 2011 · 10 posts · 0 votes
    15y

    it is not abandoned, why You even think that it is abandoned ?

    insurance.. i think just in case... as mentioned they dont need it

    but, watch the video and tell me how can simple injector cleaner do that ? there even isnt any injector !

    0
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 268 votes
    15y

    Thanks, I watched
    I am a big believer of "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is".
    f it was as easy to achieve the higher MPG, wouldn't you think auto manufacturer would gladly jump on it? After all, they need to drastically increase the MPG by 2000-something....

    0
    Topic locked
  • Tallinn, Harju · Member since 2011 · 10 posts · 0 votes
    15y

    i think they dont have formula to use it because it is PATENTED

    yes by the 2025 as i have read at somewhere
    and why not... electric and hybrid might get that...

    And Greenfoot's main goal, aside from all the other companies which is mainly to increase their fuel mileage, is to reduce the emissions of 10% of the world's vehicles

    so the increase of mileage is just a bonus :)

    and as You did see on the video it is reducing emissions !

    0
    Topic locked
  • T, H · Member since 2011 · 1 post · 0 votes
    15y

    Evening or morning or whatever time everybody has at the moment. My fellow EnviroTabs user asked me to step in and say a few words.
    Because I have been using this product longer then him, then I can say hand on heart that this really WORKS!
    Why people say "it doesn't work" when they haven't even tried it. I tried and I'm loving it, my friends are using it also and everybody says, man, I'm gonna introduce these tablets to all of my friends! I aint BS you, this is the truth.
    One of my friends said (he is a taxi driver) that these kind of things are BS. I said NEXT! Then I introduced this to his colleague, he saw the real benefits and told my friend, who now also uses it...
    Any more questions, I would gladly answer :)

    Ps. I use it now for almost half a year and the benefits haven't gone away...

    0
    Topic locked
  • SFR Investor · Orange County, CA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    15y
    Originally posted by rainer raamets:
    i think they dont have formula to use it because it is PATENTED

    Ok, let's say a small group of inventors were able to develop this miracle pill long before the mega auto makers could with their multi-million dollar R&D budgets. Why are they spending so much time and energy hawking this stuff through multi-level marketing and Internet commercials when they could simply make billions by licensing the technology to the auto manufacturers?

    Secondly, which company is it?

    http://www.envirotabs.com/

    or

    http://www.envirotab.com/

    With any success story, there's bound to be imitators, so who's the one with the real goods?

    0
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Kansas City/Wichita · Member since 2009 · 10 posts · 1 vote
    15y
    Originally posted by S Liiv:
    Evening or morning or whatever time everybody has at the moment. My fellow EnviroTabs user asked me to step in and say a few words.
    Because I have been using this product longer then him, then I can say hand on heart that this really WORKS!
    Why people say "it doesn't work" when they haven't even tried it. I tried and I'm loving it, my friends are using it also and everybody says, man, I'm gonna introduce these tablets to all of my friends! I aint BS you, this is the truth.
    One of my friends said (he is a taxi driver) that these kind of things are BS. I said NEXT! Then I introduced this to his colleague, he saw the real benefits and told my friend, who now also uses it...
    Any more questions, I would gladly answer :)

    Ps. I use it now for almost half a year and the benefits haven't gone away...

    Yeah, I had a friend try and get me involved with a similar product the FIRST time gas came close to $4 a gallon. MLM also, of course, he soon realized the benefits were bogus in most situations including a couple fleet trials from friends of his that had fleet departments in their businesses. When the results were inconclusive, he dropped the product.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Commercial Real Estate Lender / Syndicator · Dallas, TX · Member since 2011 · 888 posts · 309 votes
    15y

    I don't get it. So the guy's 2-stroker stops smoking when it warms up? Not that I've use it in a long time but my 2 stroke weed eater doesn't smoke either, and I never put any tabs in it.

    BTW, I searched the US Patent database. There is no patent for EnviroTabs, although there is one for EnviroTab (which actually has to do with dispensing beer).

    Here's the full sentence in the patent where "envirotab" is mentioned, "FIG. 34 is a perspective view of a dispensing means which comprises a main pouring port (1), subsidiary pouring port (2), and air intake port (11') (each shown by a dotted line) made directly on a metal container. FIG. 35 shows its plane figure. The above-mentioned ports (1), (2), and (11') are hermetically sealed with an adhesive sheet material (39), as such a laminated tear strip (U.S. Pat. No. 4,116,359), which is publicly known by the trade name of "Envirotab", applied to either the front side or to both the front and reverse sides of the top end (33). The container can be opened by pulling off the adhesive sheet material by means of a pull (40) attached thereto."

    0
    Topic locked
  • Tallinn, Harju · Member since 2011 · 10 posts · 0 votes
    15y
    Originally posted by Carlos Flores:
    I don't get it. So the guy's 2-stroker stops smoking when it warms up? Not that I've use it in a long time but my 2 stroke weed eater doesn't smoke either, and I never put any tabs in it.

    BTW, I searched the US Patent database. There is no patent for EnviroTabs, although there is one for EnviroTab (which actually has to do with dispensing beer).

    Here's the full sentence in the patent where "envirotab" is mentioned, "FIG. 34 is a perspective view of a dispensing means which comprises a main pouring port (1), subsidiary pouring port (2), and air intake port (11') (each shown by a dotted line) made directly on a metal container. FIG. 35 shows its plane figure. The above-mentioned ports (1), (2), and (11') are hermetically sealed with an adhesive sheet material (39), as such a laminated tear strip (U.S. Pat. No. 4,116,359), which is publicly known by the trade name of "Envirotab", applied to either the front side or to both the front and reverse sides of the top end (33). The container can be opened by pulling off the adhesive sheet material by means of a pull (40) attached thereto."

    this engine was warm, because i worked on my yard with it about half hour when i thinked that why not try envirotabs in it.. this test was not planned...
    in the tank was mixture of 1:25. that what manual says.. and it smokes cold or warm... i dont get it why there have to be 1:25. all others require 1:40 mixture...
    soon i will test chainshaw with 1:25 it meens that stronger mixture must smoke a lot more and that i will record fully...

    about patent.. You cant find it because its having a privacy clause.

    to a question that is it envirotab or envirotabs... its ENVIROTABS.. i will look what that envirotab is but later..

    0
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Investor · Sparks, NV · Member since 2008 · 45 posts · 28 votes
    15y

    Envirotabs works! Actually because of Envirotabs, Slick 50, fuel line magnet, tornado, hydrogen generator, and other products I've bought, my fuel tank actually fills as I drive. I have to pull over at a gas station every 400 miles or so to unload gas.

    3
    Topic locked
  • Tallinn, Harju · Member since 2011 · 10 posts · 0 votes
    15y
    Originally posted by David W:
    Originally posted by S Liiv:
    Evening or morning or whatever time everybody has at the moment. My fellow EnviroTabs user asked me to step in and say a few words.
    Because I have been using this product longer then him, then I can say hand on heart that this really WORKS!
    Why people say "it doesn't work" when they haven't even tried it. I tried and I'm loving it, my friends are using it also and everybody says, man, I'm gonna introduce these tablets to all of my friends! I aint BS you, this is the truth.
    One of my friends said (he is a taxi driver) that these kind of things are BS. I said NEXT! Then I introduced this to his colleague, he saw the real benefits and told my friend, who now also uses it...
    Any more questions, I would gladly answer :)

    Ps. I use it now for almost half a year and the benefits haven't gone away...

    Yeah, I had a friend try and get me involved with a similar product the FIRST time gas came close to $4 a gallon. MLM also, of course, he soon realized the benefits were bogus in most situations including a couple fleet trials from friends of his that had fleet departments in their businesses. When the results were inconclusive, he dropped the product.

    similar is not same! please ask him what was that product.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Tallinn, Harju · Member since 2011 · 10 posts · 0 votes
    15y
    Originally posted by Mitch Kronowit:
    Originally posted by rainer raamets:
    i think they dont have formula to use it because it is PATENTED

    Ok, let's say a small group of inventors were able to develop this miracle pill long before the mega auto makers could with their multi-million dollar R&D budgets. Why are they spending so much time and energy hawking this stuff through multi-level marketing and Internet commercials when they could simply make billions by licensing the technology to the auto manufacturers?

    Secondly, which company is it?

    http://www.envirotabs.com/

    or

    http://www.envirotab.com/

    With any success story, there's bound to be imitators, so who's the one with the real goods?

    The engine manufactuers WONT be selling it.Greenfootglobal has exclusive deal, to sell it.Why would they sell something, that would put them out of business? An engine last 2030% longer with the tab in, than without the tab. The same argument with the fuel people. Why would they sell something, that makes their fuel, go 30%+ longer? Less sales, right?

    this envirotab.com is enviro-tab thats New Zealand version , they have not got a USA patent, as far as I remember.

    And, envirotabs was re formulated from mpg caps., which has been around, for 41 years, in liquid form, & was used by NASA, way back in 74! Commercial use for all those years!Was first sold to public, mpg caps by ffi, in 2005.Is still being sold by them.ffi. was Fuel Freedom International, then Forever Freedom International

    0
    Topic locked
  • Investor · -, IL · Member since 2010 · 409 posts · 616 votes
    15y

    Didn't the government just say that the new fuel mileage standards down the road are going to be like 50 some miles per gallon? I think they must have figured out the secret patented formula for Envirotabs. I heard the main ingredient in Envirotabs is bovine scat, chemical abbreviation BS.

    1
    Topic locked
  • Tallinn, Harju · Member since 2011 · 10 posts · 0 votes
    15y

    You have good point there, but i want to give you a link. You might change Your arguments after reading it..

    (http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/chemistry/laureates/1973/press.html#fig1#fig1)

    and search more for Wilkinson's catalyst

    this explains how it is working in a bit better "language" (http://www.greenfootglobal.com/clientinc/upload/GFGpresentsETData6-17.pdf)

    Originally posted by Max Drizin:
    It's quite too good to be true. It says that there is some sort of "catalyst" for the combustion. Unfortunately, combustion isn't something that's really catalyzed.

    If you want to talk catalyzation, it's basically one chemical that acts as an intermediary of a reaction, so instead of going from A to C directly, which could be very slow (usually is, our body catalyzes a number if important functions, as does your car's catalytic converter for emissions), it goes from A to B very quickly, and then B to C very quickly.

    There's not really a way to catalyze a combustion reaction, since a combustion reaction using octane isn't that complex and it's already in its fastest form. In fact, it seems as though EnviroTabs do the opposite of what's best, they lower the octane levels, or tell people to use lower octane. Less octane means less combustion in the chamber, weaker combustion overall, and less power from each cylinder.

    The most troubling part is how it talks about lowering the heat required for an engine, and saying it works with diesel. Diesel uses no heat, it is purely compression-based. This is why diesel trucks have engine-warmers in the winter, there is some heat required for the combustion to take place. Even if this chemical/tab/whatever actually does reduce the heat required for a combustion, there is no benefit to that for a diesel engine.

    In unleaded gasoline engines, combustion is spark-triggered, by your spark/pulse plugs. The heat doesn't play a role in this, which is why you don't need to idle your unleaded gasoline engines in cold weather, and they don't need engine warmers (unless your gas freezes, which is a whole different ballpark). Retaining heat within the cylinders doesn't matter, since the mixture of compression and spark is what drives the combustion.

    Yes, you could say that the increased heat in the engine allows for a slightly faster combustion process, but there are better alternatives.

    If you'd like, there are things like pulse spark plugs, which deliver much stronger sparks to more efficiently ignite the gasoline in your non-diesel engine, and there are some differences in the quality.

    Or, you can tune your gear ratios to better levels, you could change fuel-air mixtures, change the filters, and so on. All of these things do help, but there is no magic way to increase fuel efficiency. Also, using the octane rating it says in your manual is important. Some cars take 89, 90, or 92 octane. The lowest sold isn't always the best value, for your engine or your mileage. They call the high-end stuff Premium or Ultra for a reason.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 268 votes
    15y

    Regarding the Nobel prize.... "This year the prize has been awarded for work, practical applications of which are not very obvious, it is a prize in "chemistry for chemists"."

    0
    Topic locked
  • Rental Property Investor · Mercer Island, WA · Member since 2008 · 22k+ posts · 14k+ votes
    15y

    Bulls***. Flat out bull***. There is no such thing as a "privacy clause" for patents. Part of the deal with being granted a patent is that your patent must reveal enough details about the invention to make is reproducible by a practitioner skilled in the area.

    Patent applications can be submitted with a "do not publish" setting, and this will result in the application not being published. But issued patents are ALWAYS published.

    I believe this thread is rapidly coming to a close.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 268 votes
    15y
    Originally posted by Ryan B.:
    Didn't the government just say that the new fuel mileage standards down the road are going to be like 50 some miles per gallon? I think they must have figured out the secret patented formula for Envirotabs. I heard the main ingredient in Envirotabs is bovine scat, chemical abbreviation BS.

    You're right, the due date is when the patent expires so that auto manufacturer's can start using the formula without paying royalties. :D

    1
    Topic locked