What are you investing for?

What are you investing for?

Real Estate Agent · Galveston, TX · Member since 2015 · 255 posts · 219 votes

When it comes to riding the ups and downs of investing in real estate, everyone needs something that is pushing them through. An achievable goal that gives them the drive to push on. Now everyone typically says the usual things. Financial freedom, more family & personal time, travel, security, etc. What I'd like to know is what is the specific thing you want to do? Having all the time in the world is boring if you have nothing to do and traveling while amazing can leave you longing for that place you call home. What is your specific goal outside of the basics?

I'll start! Mine is that I want to open a brewery/distillery in Galveston. I've been brewing beer for over a decade and have always also really been into spirits and distillation. My goal is to hit that financial freedom point and open a "brewstillery"! I'd like to produce many different types of spirits and break them down to their individual components to help teach people how these change the final product. I'd love to teach classes and help to educate others on the process and what goes into what they drink. I've even started looking at multi-tenant commercial buildings so that I could have an income producing asset to put it in. I want the freedom to brew and distill without worrying about my bottom line hurting my family and our stability. 

That's one of my driving goals! What is yours?

0Reply
17 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2018 · 22 posts · 12 votes
    7y

    Mine is to have the flexibility to work 'part time' or to do lower paying work that I love.  DH and I want more time to travel, volunteer, aid organizations and ministries we love, and we want to have a cash flow that also allows us to give...we love generosity and making a difference.  We both assume we will make money doing something here and there regardless...but having a baseline income from real estate would be a game changer!

  • Real Estate Agent · Galveston, TX · Member since 2015 · 255 posts · 219 votes
    7y

    @Amanda Wirch

    I think that is something that people overlook far too often. I have friends that view my passion for what I do and see only the pursuit of money but there is a selflessness in it that is under the surface. Having that steady stream of passive income truly allows you to give of yourself. I'm able to give not only monetarily to my church but also invest a large amount of my time. If I was working a 9-5, I couldn't give as much to my self to others. The more you invest in yourself, the more you can invest in others!!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.