Would you attend if I scheduled a Portland, OR networking gathering?

33 Replies

I've never done anything like this before, but I am willing to host any BP members who want to meet and see if we can learn from each other.  I own an event center at 126 NE Alberta St.  It would likely be a Monday or Thursday evening.  I'd do it as soon as next week if enough people will come and I'd schedule gatherings periodically if they are useful.

I'm thinking we can each spend 60 seconds explaining what kind of investment we'd like to do over the next year or so.  Then we can go around once again, spending 30 seconds pointing out things that we heard from others that we might be able to help with.  Then we could eat popcorn from my popcorn machine and see if anything comes of it.

Dennis

You had me at popcorn.

I'd be happy to join.

I would be interested.

I can't usually do Mondays or Wednesdays, but would be interested in participating. 

I would be interested as well. Thursdays work good for me. 

I would be interested as well, the last on was a lot of fun

OK. That sounds like enough interest to give it a try. I'll look at the building schedule and set something up. Stay tuned.

@Dennis Adams   if you do pick a time and location you will need to post that in the Real Estate Events and Happenings forum, not here.  Sorry, but all event announcements must go in that forum.  That does require a Pro or Plus account to start a thread, but anyone can reply.

Jon Holdman, Flying Phoenix LLC

I posted the following in the other forum, but no one has noticed or responded.

Originally posted by @Dennis Adams:

I'll just give it a shot and we'll see how many people attend on short notice...

I'm hosting a gathering of Portland-area BP members at Alberta Abbey. You can use the parking lot across the street. I'll provide popcorn from my popcorn machine, provided that I can operate it successfully.

We'll have a round of introductions first. 90 seconds to share who you are and what you would like to do over the next year.

Then we'll have a round of helpful hints. Each person can have 30 seconds to point out ways in which they might be able to help those in the room with their plans.

Then we'll eat popcorn until everyone gets bored and decides to go home.

If I get at least 3 confirmed attendees, we're on. If it goes well, we can do it again at a time that is better for some of those who can't make it this time.

Dennis

This post has been removed.

Missed this the first time it was posted.  Any chance to get another one scheduled?  Thanks!

Hello, I am just seeing this post for the first time also,  i'm interested?

Oops, I mean, I'm interested!!  no questions about it :)

@Brian Butterfield   we are having a meet up Tues the 18th at my Real Estate offices in Lake Oswego.

7PM  I will be buying Pizza and Drinks for who ever shows up.

We are going to have a basic get together.. in addition I will speak a little on out of state investing for those that have an interest to learn about that.

And I will present some info on the new Crowd funding portals that are opening the Oregon market and how they can help you fund your deals.

And of course just general  networking.

it will be at Soldera properties Lake O... its above the Northwest builders association and Neil Kelly designs. plenty of parking.

Medium ksqoekox 400x400Jay Hinrichs, TurnKey-Reviews.com | Podcast Guest on Show #222

Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs :

@Brian Butterfield   we are having a meet up Tues the 18th at my Real Estate offices in Lake Oswego.

7PM  I will be buying Pizza and Drinks for who ever shows up.

We are going to have a basic get together.. in addition I will speak a little on out of state investing for those that have an interest to learn about that.

And I will present some info on the new Crowd funding portals that are opening the Oregon market and how they can help you fund your deals.

And of course just general  networking.

it will be at Soldera properties Lake O... its above the Northwest builders association and Neil Kelly designs. plenty of parking.

Put me on the plane... Better yet, fly into Lima and pick me up!

I will be up in Portland next month, 9/12 to 9/14.  Are there any meetings then?

415‑779‑2155