Huntsville Zip Codes

Huntsville Zip Codes

Investor · Cross Plains, TN · Member since 2016 · 59 posts · 12 votes

Can anyone help get me started on the Huntsville Market. I have one rental in Birmingham but wanted to expand my search to Huntsville. Looking for B class properties, SFR or Multi. Can anyone suggest some zip codes or areas to start searching? Or some areas to definitely avoid? Thanks for your help in advance!

5Reply
31 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2016 · 361 posts · 296 votes
8y

Hi @Daniel Highsmith , 

one of my favorite websites is the ESRI.com Zipcode lookup. It provides data/stereotypes for different neighborhoods. It helps give you a feel for the neighborhood, as in the type of resident.

http://www.esri.com/data/tapestry/zip-lookup

Example: 35801

Exurbanites
33.0%
Approaching retirement, we're empty-nester, married couples, or have no kids. Our lifestyle is cultured and urbane; we support the arts and public radio/TV. We go online for everything.
Click for More Details
Emerald City
12.7%

Young, mobile, well-educated, and well-employed, we are more likely to rent in low-density, urban neighborhoods throughout the country. We go online for professional networking, online dating, and blogging. We buy natural, organic, or environmentally-friendly products.
Click for More Details

Set to Impress
7.9%

We are young, either still in college or working, and renting apartments in large multiunit buildings in the city or the suburbs. We still keep in close touch with family. We are very image conscious and often buy clothes impulsively to look good. We are really into music.
Click for More Details

See this reply in the discussion

31 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2018 · 116 posts · 31 votes
    5y

    @Dena Puliatti That’s great to hear. Among those cities you mentioned, which one has a better rate of occupancy and above market rate rent? I’m interested in getting another rental there if the numbers work.

  • Property Manager · Huntsville, AL · Member since 2017 · 302 posts · 246 votes
    5y

    @Mora Clark. I'm going to send you a PM.

  • Investor · NY · Member since 2021 · 57 posts · 8 votes
    5y
    Hi Deborah,

    I am an OOS investor new to HSV mkt and surrounding areas. Would love to connect and discuss my investing plans and goals. Looking forward to having a chance to speak over the phone!

    Originally posted by @Deborah McDonough:

    @Jamie Shah I’m a local investor and agent. I’d be happy to talk with you more about Huntsville and how it relates to the rental market.

  • Investor · NY · Member since 2021 · 57 posts · 8 votes
    5y
    Hi Gorden,

    I am an OOS investor too based in NY looking into HSV. New to the mkt and would love to learn as muh as possible. Also looking into 3+ multi fam. What are some areas/zip codes having more this kind of inventories but still have healthy amount of demand to support the supply?

    Could you please also add me to the investor group? thanks so much!

    Originally posted by @Gorden Lopes:

    Hi @Jamie Shah!

    I am OOS investor in Hunstville from Bay Area. HSV does not have a lot of MF deals right now. Most of the small MFs are concentrated in some areas. 

    We have a bay area HSV investors google group that is very active. I would be happy to add you. PM me with your email id and I can add you to that group. 

    Hope this helps.

  • Investor · NY · Member since 2021 · 57 posts · 8 votes
    5y
    This is super cook thanks for sharing! Do you know by any chance How often do they update data? How accurate is it? I looked up my neighborhood and surrounding zip codes.  it's on points for some zip codes and less so for others. Originally posted by @Nathan Platter:

    Hi @Daniel Highsmith , 

    one of my favorite websites is the ESRI.com Zipcode lookup. It provides data/stereotypes for different neighborhoods. It helps give you a feel for the neighborhood, as in the type of resident.

    http://www.esri.com/data/tapestry/zip-lookup

    Example: 35801

    Exurbanites
    33.0%
    Approaching retirement, we're empty-nester, married couples, or have no kids. Our lifestyle is cultured and urbane; we support the arts and public radio/TV. We go online for everything.
    Click for More Details
    Emerald City
    12.7%

    Young, mobile, well-educated, and well-employed, we are more likely to rent in low-density, urban neighborhoods throughout the country. We go online for professional networking, online dating, and blogging. We buy natural, organic, or environmentally-friendly products.
    Click for More Details

    Set to Impress
    7.9%

    We are young, either still in college or working, and renting apartments in large multiunit buildings in the city or the suburbs. We still keep in close touch with family. We are very image conscious and often buy clothes impulsively to look good. We are really into music.
    Click for More Details

  • Investor · NY · Member since 2021 · 57 posts · 8 votes
    5y
    Hi Dena,

    I am looking to build my team there in HSV and surrounding area. Will send you a PM !

    Originally posted by @Dena Puliatti:

    @Mora Clark New Market is doing quite well for rentals.  I have an investor who bought one very recently, and it was rented in under a day.  I've got more coming in that area.  As far as living outside of the city limits, that's something that some potential tenants look for. I manage several in Harvest, Athens, Toney....outlying areas around Huntsville, and have great success with renting them, some even above market.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.