Tucson BP community- looking for interest in Vail meetup

Tucson BP community- looking for interest in Vail meetup

Investor · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2017 · 394 posts · 178 votes

Hello fellow Tucson BPers. I am reaching out to gage interest in a real estate meetup in the Vail area. Topics will be multifamily, BRRR and value-add real estate but am definitely open to other asset classes and investing types as well, including flipping, notes, wholesaling, mobile home parks, etc... There will be no sales pitches here- just education and networking. Most importantly, it will be tailored to (but not limited to) those of us that live further out of town in the Vail and Sahuarita areas. I'm looking for ideas on interests, topics and venues. Thank you in advance and look forward to hearing from and meeting you soon.

11Reply
289 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2020 · 7 posts · 4 votes
6y

Sorry for the unrefined sheet, but just wanted to show what is happening with multifamily (2-4plex) that are on the market in April this year versus last year. The interesting bits to me is the -67% under contract and +11% avg sales price / +21% median sales price. In the residential SFH market buyers are flocking to certain properties and getting into bidding wars. Would not be surprised if that is happening in multifamily and possibly with new investors coming from other locationss or the stock market. Some of the properties going into escrow are a bit wild to me when I run the numbers, but to each their own.

See this reply in the discussion

88 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jim GarrettPro Member
    Investor · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2017 · 26 posts · 11 votes
    6y

    Colby,

    I'd be interested. I'm in Tucson now with 14 units across 5 properties including a real mixture of property types - 4plex, 5plex, SFR, vacation rental condos. I'm actively looking again now for small commercial MF deals with value add/upgrade opportunities in the paths of growth, which includes Vail. I followed this conversation so please let me know when you put something together.

    Jim

  • Investor · Tucson AZ · Member since 2019 · 31 posts · 37 votes
    6y

    I am definitely interested! Keep me updated please. 

  • Sierra Vista, AZ · Member since 2019 · 16 posts · 13 votes
    6y

    @Colby Fryar I live in Sierra Vista so I'd be interested. I have no experience in Real Estate, so I've been studying AZ and TX laws and looking at student housing in Tucson. Other areas I'm researching are short term rentals, buy and hold foreclosures in AZ and TX. My primary interested cities are Sierra Vista, Tucson, Phoenix metro,  Austin metro.

  • Investor · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2017 · 394 posts · 178 votes
    6y

    @Jim Garrett, @Sam Ohanesian and @Kyle W.  This is great to hear the interest.  I am currently looking for venues and will update you all soon.  

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2018 · 31 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    @Colby Fryar. Keep me in mind. Thanks.

  • Investor · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2017 · 394 posts · 178 votes
    6y

    Awesome-  @Armando DeGuzman- thank you!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Vail, AZ · Member since 2018 · 10 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    Colby I live in Vail and would be interested in a meeting group close. I have a SFR in Rita Ranch that we bought as a BRRR. We actually are getting it ready to list it for rent sometime in February. I would be interested in shared experiences in property management and contractor information in addition to the other strategies.

    Jerry

  • Member since 2020 · 1 post · 0 votes
    6y

    @Colby Fryar I am a new investor in the Tucson area. I am interested in networking with some local investors.

  • Investor · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2017 · 394 posts · 178 votes
    6y

    HI Nyame-  awesome!  I will let you know as soon as I get something set up.  

  • Tucson, AZ · Member since 2016 · 31 posts · 5 votes
    6y

    Crap I wish I was still there. We are actively still looking and we try to get back there every couple months or so. if you all allow it I would love to stay in the loop.

  • Investor · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2017 · 394 posts · 178 votes
    6y

    @Gerald Thitchener Perfect!  It's great to hear that there you are finding BRRRs in this area. This is exactly the kind of content I would like to discuss at the meetup.  For everyone interested, I have been in contact with a few venues- definitely leaning toward somewhere in Rita Ranch.  The Tech Park did seem interested.  I will find out more this week about that and am shooting to have the first one in April.  Thank you for the great comments.

  • Investor · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2017 · 394 posts · 178 votes
    6y

    @Antoine 

    @Antoine V.Absolutely,  let me know when you're in town and we can try and match up a meetup date.  

  • Member since 2020 · 1 post · 0 votes
    6y

    Hi Colby, 

    please keep me in mind when you set a date for the real estate meet up. I am gathering information and would love to pick everyone's brain. 

    Thank you, 

    Samantha

  • Investor · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2017 · 394 posts · 178 votes
    6y

    @Samantha Hernandez Thanks for the interest-will definitely let everyone know.  I'm shooting for April right now depending on the site for the meetup.

  • Investor · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2017 · 394 posts · 178 votes
    6y

    Update on the Value-Add Real Estate Investing Meetup-Vail.  Hot Rods on Houghton/I-10 is willing to host the event in the upstairs bar/seating area on Wednesday evenings, but it is $200 for less than 20 people, and that is food and drinks included.  If less than 20 people, I am willing to cover some of this cost.  I'm thinking of taking donations, to cover the cost. Would really appreciate any thoughts on the location.  Let me know if this is something people will be interested in.

  • Investor · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2017 · 394 posts · 178 votes
    6y

    Sam not sure if you are coming. I’m in the back of the restaurant. Have a couple of tables reserved.

  • Investor · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2017 · 394 posts · 178 votes
    6y

    Thank you all for coming to the last event at Serial Grillers. I will be posting another meetup event shortly. We hold it at the UofA Tech Park off of Rita Road. Please message me and I will forward on the address. Local entrepreneur and investor Jim Garrett will be speaking at the next event. He has a couple of multifamily properties under his belt, has been very successful with the BRRR strategy and will also talk about hi experience with BRBO where he is currently getting unbelievable rents for one his properties.

  • Rental Property Investor · Gulf Breeze, FL · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 733 votes
    6y

    @Jim Garrett @Sam Ohanesian @Gerald Thitchener - I host a virtual meetup every week with folks across the country. Send me a DM if you’re interested in joining. 

  • Investor · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2017 · 394 posts · 178 votes
    6y

    @Jim Garrett, @Sam Ohanesian, @Kyle W., @Armando DeGuzman, @Gerald Thitchener, @Nyame Smith, @Antoine V., @Samantha Hernandez, @John Daugherty and all those that are interested in Multifamily and Value-Add investing.  With the threat of the Coronavirus, I am planning on hosting a conference call or online meeting for the scheduled April 9th Multifamily meetup event at 6:00 pm.  Please let me know if you are interested.  More details to follow.

  • Tucson, AZ · Member since 2016 · 31 posts · 5 votes
    6y

    interested 

  • Sierra Vista, AZ · Member since 2019 · 16 posts · 13 votes
    6y

    @Colby Fryar I am still interested. I was planning on showing up like John Travolta in Bubble Boy.

  • Investor · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2017 · 394 posts · 178 votes
    6y

    @Kyle W. No doubt. It’s crazy times but could be good opportunities coming in the near future. Thanks for responding and look to forward to speaking with you. I would really like to get everyone’s thoughts on what they see coming.

  • Real Estate Agent · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2019 · 448 posts · 320 votes
    6y

    Interested

  • Sahuarita, AZ · Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    6y

    Is the meetup next week still happening?

  • Investor · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2017 · 394 posts · 178 votes
    6y

    @Steven Lowe Thanks Steven. I will let you know when I have it set up.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.