• Valparaiso, IN
Votes |
Negotiation help or suggestions

John Christodoulakis
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Valparaiso, IN
Posted Jan 14 2023, 08:31

Hi everyone, I am in a little bit of a creative block for lack of a better word. I am in the process of negotiating on a investment building that needs some work and the owner knows it. The problem is that he is pretty stubborn in his price and thinks its priced well with the renovations in mind. Normally in my area I have been buying units for around 50k-65k. This deal is about 54/55k a unit. It’s not awful but I am worried because it needs a lot of work to be done. The entire exterior of the building needs work to be done to it in siding, soffit, facia, gutters, windows, and roof. The building is about 5,000sq ft so I’m guessing work for that will be around 70-90k. The interior flooring is not even at all as well. It has to be torn up to see what problems are inside of there. 

I have thought about telling the owner that we can bring a contractor in or an inspector to look at all the issues and figure out a price on what it would cost to get done. Is that stupid or even worth my time? Any suggestions or ideas are appreciated! 

Loading replies...