SOBER LIVING: Looking to interview someone who has started a sober-living house

SOBER LIVING: Looking to interview someone who has started a sober-living house

Rental Property Investor · Asheville · Member since 2019 · 39 posts · 8 votes

Hi! I write for Realtor.com and am looking to interview someone who has successfully started a sober living house. Ideally, you've owned/run this for a year+. This is for a story in the NEWS + INSIGHTS section. If this is you or someone you know, please reach out. Any help much appreciated! Thanks!

2Reply
1,370 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · TX · Member since 2026 · 164 posts · 67 votes
    4mo

    This is a great topic. Sober living is one of those niches that many investors hear about because of the potential cash flow, but the operators I’ve spoken with emphasize that success depends heavily on compliance, community relationships, resident support, and strong management systems—not just the real estate itself.

    I don’t personally operate a sober living house, but I’d be interested in reading the finished article. Hopefully some experienced operators here can share insights on the challenges, lessons learned, and what they wish they had known before getting started.

    Best of luck with the story!

  • Rental Property Investor · Asheville · Member since 2019 · 39 posts · 8 votes
    2mo

    Hi Daniel, I would need to interview anyone who owns a sober-living house. If you could connect me with someone who uses your company for management or consulting and they own a sober-living house, that would work. Can we do that?

  • Hunter FootePro Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Worcester, MA · Member since 2025 · 49 posts · 41 votes
    1mo

    I would love to chat! Let me know if you are still open for this interview. I'm with VSL, we run homes across the US.

  • Rental Property Investor · Asheville · Member since 2019 · 39 posts · 8 votes
    1mo

    @Hunter Foote Yes, would love to! I just sent a request to connect -- if you accept, then I can message you directly. Thanks!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.