BRRRR Calculator/Analyzer

BRRRR Calculator/Analyzer

Investor · Redondo Beach, CA · Member since 2009 · 147 posts · 129 votes

I am not sure if this is the right place or not but I have recently bene going at the BRRR strategy exclusively and have build a spreadsheet that lets me quickly analyze a deal that comes across my inbox.

I hope this is useful to others. Pretty basic, just insert the inputs that are BOLD and then it will give you some analysis on the deal.

Default values are for an actual deal I am pursuing now.

For more info on BRRRR strategy see @Brandon Turner post here

You can find my file here

I welcome any feedback (good or bad) and as you can see by the current version I tweak often. I have tried my best to keep it clean and keep the !REF errors when values changed to a minimum :)

5Reply
199 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Springboro, OH · Member since 2015 · 32 posts · 15 votes
11y

Hey Brian when I click the link I am directed to s page that says,  "file does not exist"

Best Regards, 

Jon 

See this reply in the discussion

38 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2015 · 27 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    Brian,

    I appreciate your response!

    I will have to read it a couple of time until I makes sense in my head! I'm new to the terminology but getting there. Let me try to make sense. And run a case and if I have more questions I will keep in touch.

    When I said tolerances I meant what are the right numbers to play with so you do not loose and you can actually have a "good" deal... like the 70% on ARV.

    Thanks again! 

  • Real Estate Agent · La Place, LA · Member since 2015 · 46 posts · 5 votes
    10y
    I'm looking to start analyzing a property a day. I can't seem to get the link to work.
  • Rental Property Investor · Springfield, MO · Member since 2013 · 109 posts · 92 votes
    10y
    It won't open for me either- none of the options you posted. Looks like a good idea
  • Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    @Brian Larson I am also having the same issue of 'File did not load'. I tried the other links as well. Am I being dense on this?

  • Investor · Redondo Beach, CA · Member since 2009 · 147 posts · 129 votes
    10y

    @Tate Brown@Malcolm Darensbourg@Sherry Byrne Try this link:

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/peeklay/f... I think biggerpockets may move files occasionally and I posted this a while back. Let me know if that works.

    Brian

  • Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    This worked! 

    Thank you for the timely response @Brian Larson.

    Best,

    Tate

  • Investor · Redondo Beach, CA · Member since 2009 · 147 posts · 129 votes
    10y

    Awesome.

  • Investor · Redondo Beach, CA · Member since 2009 · 147 posts · 129 votes
    10y

    Since it has come up in other posts I have decided to do a quick (10min) video walking through the calculator. I hope this clears up any confusion. I used a real wholesale flyer to enter the numbers and walk people through it.

  • Stanley, NC · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    Thanks for this!  Very handy spreadsheet!

  • Bellingham, MA · Member since 2014 · 59 posts · 13 votes
    9y

    Brian, thanks so much for this awesome calculator. It's one of the best I have seen out there. 

    A quick question: where do you input some of the costs, for example: closing cost/points, holding costs, rehab period?

  • Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2016 · 16 posts · 23 votes
    9y

    Hi Brian - Many thanks for posting this great calculator. Very well done!

    -Christian

  • Member since 2020 · 1 post · 0 votes
    6y

    I know this forum is old.... but this calculator is a thing of beauty!!!!!! Very good work. My only question is, what is the bridge loan?? Is this if you use hard money?? 

  • Property Manager · Franklin, TN · Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    Thanks for sharing Brian, this is great!!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.