Is it possible to short/modify a heloc in 1st position?

Is it possible to short/modify a heloc in 1st position?

Inspector · Alsip, IL · Member since 2008 · 361 posts · 75 votes

Hi all! I have a deal that I am working on, and am strongly considering contracting it as a sub2 to wholesale. It is a probate property, and the mortgage is paid off (great, right?!) Only thing is, the owner took out a 75,000 heloc to make repairs, spent maybe 20,000 of it on the actual repairs, and still owes most of it. My cash offer would have only been in the 45,000-50,000 range because of needed repairs that I know of so far. So my question is, how do I get that heloc out of the way? I would have to do it sub2 if I can't, I think. Is it possible with it being in the 1st position to short it (since the owner is 2 months behind) or modify it in some way to make a cash offer in that range work? Thanks! :cool:

0Reply
21 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Payson, AZ · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    16y

    I take it you weren't able convince her to bring it current were ya?

  • Inspector · Alsip, IL · Member since 2008 · 361 posts · 75 votes
    16y

    Well, she asked me to call her tomorrow to present the offers, so I haven't had a chance to pitch it yet. I just wanted to be able to present both offers, and was wondering if there was even a way to do make that happen. I've never come across a heloc in 1st position before.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.