Networking - West Los Angeles

Networking - West Los Angeles

Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 16 posts · 2 votes

Hello, I am still new to real estate investing and hoping to expand my education and network. If anyone is interested in meeting for coffee or maybe a beer in west LA, I would love the chance to pick the brain of more experienced investors. I am mainly looking for rental properties in LA and OC and the surrounding areas. Similarly, recommended meetup groups are also welcomed. Thanks in advance.

2Reply
144 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2013 · 47 posts · 40 votes
10y

Hi Will, and welcome! I would be happy to grab a coffee sometime. Anyone else want to join? Also, I would recommend contacting Jeff Greenberg on BP and asking to join his mailing list, he organizes regular meetups in a coffee house in West LA.

See this reply in the discussion

71 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Concord, NC · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    9y
    I would love to meet up and make some connections! Let me know when and where.
  • Ronnie S.Pro Member
    Investor · Coeur d Alene, ID · Member since 2013 · 109 posts · 29 votes
    9y

    Likewise...count me in too!!

  • Contractor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 12 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    Im also fairly new to BP. Count me in as well.

  • Real Estate Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2013 · 56 posts · 7 votes
    9y

    I'm interested in meeting up as well.  @Sam M. I think we need to set a time and place and put it out to those interested.  You want to talk offline to set that up?

  • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 62 posts · 18 votes
    9y

    Hi @Nechelle Vanias. Thanks for tagging me. Yes, please PM me and let's see what we can cook up. 

  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 43 posts · 9 votes
    9y

    We should do a new meetup in 2017! I'm happy to find a place in Central/Culver that works for all!

  • Investor · Rancho Cucamonga, CA · Member since 2016 · 37 posts · 8 votes
    9y

    Hello everyone and Happy New Year! I've been into one meetup with LA South REIA last part of December and I was glad to be there and met great people and a wonderful organizer Lisa. Very organized and educational. It's quite a distance for me but I'll go again this month for their main event to network more and learn more.

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2016 · 507 posts · 171 votes
    9y

    Hey all!

    REI newb here from Ventura County area looking to meet investors and learn! I'm willing to travel to the west LA area if necessary.

  • Investor · Venice, CA · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    I know this is an old thread but I am new to this site (and investing) and would love to meet up. Just sold my tech company and looking to get into multi family in los angeles. I live in venice and am in escrow on a 4 plex 50 feet from beach. 

    Let me know

  • Torrance, CA · Member since 2015 · 54 posts · 8 votes
    9y

    Hi @Sam Friedman, thanks for reviving the thread. If anyone knows of a meet up and can share, I'd like to join.

  • Rental Property Investor · Encino, CA · Member since 2016 · 324 posts · 178 votes
    9y

    Just went to a culver city REIA at the veterans center on overland and culver. Happens the first Tuesday of the month. Great place to meet folk and learn a thing or two.

    @Tony Han @Sam Friedman

  • Real Estate Agent · Venice, CA · Member since 2015 · 182 posts · 125 votes
    9y

    I go to most of the bigger REI events on Meetup on the Westside. Below is one of my favorite LA meetups. It was the "Unofficial Bigger Pockets Meetup" but I haven't seen it posted lately. It's just a bunch of investors hanging out and chatting. Organic discussions with no pitches or fees (just buy a coffee). I'll be there tomorrow and hopefully I'll see some of you: @Walter Roby jr, @Tony Han, @Sam Friedman, @Kevin Phu, @Jeric L., @Victoria Townsend, @Sam M., @Nechelle Vanias, @Rick Trevizo, @Ronnie S., @Aaron Swart, @Daniel Cuevas, @Ethan Edwards, @Account Closed

    Time of Event: 2/11/2017 at 11:00AM
    Location: The UnUrbanCafe, 3301 Pico Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90404
    Fee to Attend: Free

    Also check out FIBI (For Investors Buy Investors), they have great experienced speakers, no pitches and the best part, they provide beer and wine!  The LA REAI is also good that @Walter Roby jr recently attended and they have great speakers like Michael Quarles and it's free. Downside is they do promote their camp and vendors, but I'm sure they need to cover cost of the room. One of the best places to meet new wholesalers is at the LA REIA.

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2016 · 507 posts · 171 votes
    9y

    @Nick Hedberg Thanks for sharing this! May or may not be coming since it's about an 1 1/2 drive from me. I'll see how my morning goes.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    9y

    I absolutely didn't get close to promoting my crap. 

    Omg really 

  • Investor · Orange County, CA · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    9y

    If Huntington Beach is not too far of a drive for you, feel free to hit me up via private message (please leave a message, not just an invite). I'd be happy to chat. Been investing for 15 years. I realize the OP was awhile ago, but thought I'd throw the invite out there anyway ... better late than never.

    The meetup in Santa Monica is excellent too BTW. @Jeff Greenberg and others do a great job putting it on, they know a ton about REI, and are happy to share for free. I don't normally make it, though, because it is a long drive and I'm lazy :)

  • Real Estate Agent · Venice, CA · Member since 2015 · 182 posts · 125 votes
    9y

    @Michael Quarles - We were bummed you couldn't make it on Tuesday. You always have a ton of great things to say. I hope everything is ok with the family.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    9y

    I was bumbed too. However when family is in danger mode I'm turning around.  Which I did. 

    Hopefully I'll be asked back.  I had a bunch to talk about 

  • Real Estate Consultant · Camarillo, CA · Member since 2010 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Kevin Phu, you just missed our Thousand Oaks meeting.  Second Thursday of the month at mimis cafe.

  • Real Estate Agent · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2017 · 125 posts · 37 votes
    9y

    @Nick Hedberg Is there a meet up site I can sign up to to join this meeting?  how often do you hold this event in the westside?

  • Real Estate Agent · Venice, CA · Member since 2015 · 182 posts · 125 votes
    9y

    @James You - It's @Jeff Greenberg that hosts the meeting. It's the second Saturday every month. Come out today and chat with us.

    @Michael Quarles - You are a force of nature when you up there speaking, so I have no doubt they would love to have you back.

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2016 · 507 posts · 171 votes
    9y

    @Jeff Greenberg I was there. I was the young man seated between you and Joseph :) It was a great meet up!

  • Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2013 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    @Nick Hedberg I JUST saw that this meeting was this morning: 

    Time of Event: 2/11/2017 at 11:00AM
    Location: The UnUrbanCafe, 3301 Pico Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90404
    Fee to Attend: Free

    Bummed to have missed this. Please notify me of any future events like this, would love to attend. Thanks for the heads up on this one. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 62 posts · 18 votes
    9y

    @Nick Hedberg Thank you for including me in this threat. Got the notice late, unfortunately. Will there be another meet-up soon? Very interested in attending

  • Real Estate Agent · Venice, CA · Member since 2015 · 182 posts · 125 votes
    9y

    @Sam M. - No problem. Every second Tuesday of the month. Hopefully you can make it next time. We had a great discussion yesterday.

  • Investor · Rancho Cucamonga, CA · Member since 2016 · 37 posts · 8 votes
    9y

    @Nick Hedberg Thank you for extending the invite but I am sorry for not making it. Please always add me to your list as I want to meet other successful investors. Let me know when is the next one. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.