Daily Schedule and habit/goal tracker for entrepreneurs

Daily Schedule and habit/goal tracker for entrepreneurs

Developer · Boise, ID · Member since 2023 · 68 posts · 38 votes

I've created a daily schedule and habit tracker that fully aligns my daily habits and tasks with my longer term goals. I'm able to start with my annual goals and break them down quarterly, then into monthly and weekly tasks, then down to daily habits and tasks. I've been using this for years to some extent, but this version is and will be multitudes better at helping me achieve my goals. Every time slot during the day has a purpose... even if that is just free time, social time, family time etc. A few of the principles I've learned over the years that have contributed to this set up:

1. Time blocking - The calendar is set up in 15 minute periods, but most of my day is blocked off into large chunks of these periods. 

2. The One Thing (book by Gary Keller). - What's the ONE most important task you can accomplish during your day that has the largest impact? I assign my daily tasks (1 business and 1 personal) to account for 50% of my task points for the day. I'm a busy entrepreneur so I always have many things on my plate, hence the multiple tasks, but I can feel good about my day if I check off those 2 things.

3. Psycho Cybernetics (book by Dr. Maxwell Maltz) - One underlying theme in this book is that our subconscious mind is a powerful force. But, it also doesn't distinguish between positive and negative statements. So, if I want to get rid of habits, it's more effective to create good habits to replace the bad ones. If I want to eat healthier, I assign more points to the positive habit I want to focus on, but also reward myself for NOT doing that bad habit. Or, if I want to STOP using Facebook wastefully, I make it a goal to maximize my social media use to grow/build my business and give myself points for that intentional use. Another principle is
that you can train your brain to work for you while you sleep. Reading right before bed can not only be relaxing, but also lets your brain go to work for you while you sleep. I also write down positive phrases I want to repeat throughout the week, as well as a bible verse I want to reflect on. 

4. Goal setting: Lots of different sources - using the well-known S.M.A.R.T. goal system for setting goals. And, most recently adding a method Brandon Turner introduced to many people for organizing thoughts and brainstorming goals(Outcome goals), then breaking those down into habits and actions(process/action goals) to accomplish those outcome goals. It also incorporates all the major life areas, so you can build your life to achieve your goals in all areas of life. I took what I learned from Brandon's goal setting seminars and applied them directly to this daily calendar and habit tracker. 

5. The 12 Week Year (book by Brian Moran)- I just recently listened to this as an audiobook, but realized that this calendar already very much aligns with the system they talk about in the book. This calendar is gamified(points) and has a system of tracking those points. The one modification I made to this schedule while listening to the book was to write down my quarterly goals on the daily tab instead of my annual goals. I still have my annual goals and everything is focused on achieving those, but they are broken down further into quarterly goals and once the quarter is done we reset and start on Q2 goals.


I'd love to share this with anyone who is interested. I've already begun emailing it out to people in my circles that were interested, and I'd love to find 1,000 people or more this year that could really benefit from it. It's totally free, and you'll receive instructions on how to set it up the first time, as well as reset and plan your day each day in less than 15 minutes. I also plan on creating a phone app this year that further simplifies the sytem. If you'd like the download shoot me a message with your email address and I'll send it with the instructions. I'll also start creating some videos on how to best use it in the coming weeks. 

6Reply
279 views

16 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Justin BrickmanBusiness Member
    Realtor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2021 · 502 posts · 274 votes
    2y

    You killed it with this spreadsheet! Could you email it to me as well? Would love to try it out - Will DM you my email!

  • New to Real Estate · Boise, ID · Member since 2023 · 26 posts · 5 votes
    2y

    Hi Zach, I’ve recently purchased a planner that is very similar to this. I’m just beginning my investing and goal setting journey. I’d love your digital version if you wouldn’t mind sending. Thanks for creating and sharing!!

  • Developer · Boise, ID · Member since 2023 · 68 posts · 38 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Justin Brickman:

    You killed it with this spreadsheet! Could you email it to me as well? Would love to try it out - Will DM you my email!


     You bet! Sent!

  • Developer · Boise, ID · Member since 2023 · 68 posts · 38 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jen Menchaca:

    Hi Zach, I’ve recently purchased a planner that is very similar to this. I’m just beginning my investing and goal setting journey. I’d love your digital version if you wouldn’t mind sending. Thanks for creating and sharing!!


     You bet! Shoot me a message with your email address and I'll send it to you. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Boston · Member since 2016 · 26 posts · 13 votes
    2y

    This seems interesting as I am already have implemented the 12-week year into a Notion Template, but I feel that is not well integrated with my calendar and other systems. Happy to give it a try. 

  • Developer · Boise, ID · Member since 2023 · 68 posts · 38 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Clara Arroyave:

    This seems interesting as I am already have implemented the 12-week year into a Notion Template, but I feel that is not well integrated with my calendar and other systems. Happy to give it a try. 


     Sent!

  • Member since 2018 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    2y

    Hi Zach how are you?

  • Los Angeles CA · Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    11mo

    Hi, Zach, this looks interesting, I would love to have a copy of the spreadsheet if it's still available.

  • Member since 2021 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    9mo

    Hi Zach,  this looks great!  I would also appreciate a copy as well!  Thank you for sharing your story and inspiring others!

    • Developer · Boise, ID · Member since 2023 · 68 posts · 38 votes
      9mo
      Quote from @Janelle Shaw:

      Hi Zach,  this looks great!  I would also appreciate a copy as well!  Thank you for sharing your story and inspiring others!


       Thanks Janelle! I'm actually in the process of revamping this into an app. I'll release it once that is done, but it likely won't be for a few months. 

  • Amber PerrinPro Member
    Investor · Jacksonville/Fernandina Florida · Member since 2025 · 1 post · 0 votes
    9mo

    Hi Zach, you did a great job on this! I'd love a copy. Thanks so much! 

  • Member since 2025 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    7mo

    Hi Zach. Your schedule and habit/goal tracker looks like it will be quite helpful. I would appreciate a copy. Are you still developing your app?

    • Developer · Boise, ID · Member since 2023 · 68 posts · 38 votes
      7mo
      Quote from @Stacey Sandeford-Lyons:

      Hi Zach. Your schedule and habit/goal tracker looks like it will be quite helpful. I would appreciate a copy. Are you still developing your app?


       Hi Stacey, 

      Yes, I'm working on turning this into an app, planning on having it finished by mid-year, test it myself, then have it fully ready to go prior to the start of 2027.

  • Real Estate Agent · Orem, UT · Member since 2017 · 36 posts · 13 votes
    7mo

    I'd love to get a copy as well if possible 

  • Member since 2021 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7mo

    Copy - please!

  • Investor · Boise, ID · Member since 2020 · 11 posts · 6 votes
    5mo

    Hey @Zach Matson

    Great work on the tracker.

    I'd love to have a copy if you would be so kind.

    All the best.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.