You Can Only Chose Two Which Would It Be? Talent , Consistency Or Relationships

You Can Only Chose Two Which Would It Be? Talent , Consistency Or Relationships

Shawn AckermanPro Member
Real Estate Entrepreneur · Mid West, East Coast · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes

Good morning everyone!

I hope you’re all doing well. I saw something this morning that sparked this question for the community: If you could only choose two of the fundamental pillars of success, which would you pick and why?

For me, I’d definitely choose consistency. In my opinion, consistent action—even when you occasionally miss the mark—increases your chances of hitting your goals because repetition naturally fuels efficiency.

My second choice would be relationships. I’ve experienced firsthand that knowing the right people can open doors that talent alone cannot; proximity is incredibly powerful.

What about you? If you had to narrow it down to just two, what would they be and why? I’d love to hear your thoughts!

1Reply
163 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Atlanta · Member since 2024 · 1k+ posts · 606 votes
2mo

@Shawn Ackerman Great question. My two would be consistency and discipline. Consistency keeps you moving forward, while discipline helps you stay committed even when motivation fades. Together they create the habits that lead to long term success.

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Atlanta · Member since 2024 · 1k+ posts · 606 votes
    2mo

    @Shawn Ackerman Great question. My two would be consistency and discipline. Consistency keeps you moving forward, while discipline helps you stay committed even when motivation fades. Together they create the habits that lead to long term success.

    • Shawn AckermanPro Member
      OP
      Real Estate Entrepreneur · Mid West, East Coast · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
      2mo
      Quote from @Janice Carter:

      @Shawn Ackerman Great question. My two would be consistency and discipline. Consistency keeps you moving forward, while discipline helps you stay committed even when motivation fades. Together they create the habits that lead to long term success.


       Well said!!! Thank you for contributing to this thread

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    2mo
    Talent and relationships Relationships gets you in many doors and talent. Having amazing talent can overcome inconsistency whereas I have seen people be consistently bad at something and continue to fail even when handed to them.
    7e investments53 Reviews
    • Shawn AckermanPro Member
      OP
      Real Estate Entrepreneur · Mid West, East Coast · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
      2mo
      Quote from @Chris Seveney:
      Talent and relationships Relationships gets you in many doors and talent. Having amazing talent can overcome inconsistency whereas I have seen people be consistently bad at something and continue to fail even when handed to them.

      That is a great perspective. I have a different name for those who are "consistently" bad: insane! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and adding to the conversation.
  • John MorganPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Grand Prairie, TX · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    2mo

    I'm going with just relationships. That's been everything for me  investing in real estate. From my handymen to my tenants. Your network is your net worth so focusing on your relationships will pay dividends in the long run. I'm not talented so I'm ok with that. lol. And I'm not always consistent so I've survived off that. But communication is key while building relationships with everyone you come in contact with. 

    • Shawn AckermanPro Member
      OP
      Real Estate Entrepreneur · Mid West, East Coast · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
      2mo
      Quote from @John Morgan:

      I'm going with just relationships. That's been everything for me  investing in real estate. From my handymen to my tenants. Your network is your net worth so focusing on your relationships will pay dividends in the long run. I'm not talented so I'm ok with that. lol. And I'm not always consistent so I've survived off that. But communication is key while building relationships with everyone you come in contact with. 




      Nailed it! 'Your network is your net worth' is a classic for a reason. Properties are just the assets, but people are the engine that actually runs the business. Love the focus on communication—that solves 90% of problems before they even start. 💯"
  • Investor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2013 · 120 posts · 77 votes
    2mo

    I’m choosing consistency, I believe in showing up like the mailman rain sleet or snow I’m there. Consistent inspired action beats all in my opinion. 

    • Shawn AckermanPro Member
      OP
      Real Estate Entrepreneur · Mid West, East Coast · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
      2mo
      Quote from @Andre Brock:

      I’m choosing consistency, I believe in showing up like the mailman rain sleet or snow I’m there. Consistent inspired action beats all in my opinion. 

      I couldn't have said it better myself! Your emphasis on showing up is truly the first step to success—though maybe let's leave the mailman out of it, haha! Thanks for adding such great value to this thread.

      I might have to reach out to you for some insights on the Cleveland market down the road!
  • Jimmy LieuBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2019 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    2mo
    Quote from @Shawn Ackerman:

    Good morning everyone!

    I hope you’re all doing well. I saw something this morning that sparked this question for the community: If you could only choose two of the fundamental pillars of success, which would you pick and why?

    For me, I’d definitely choose consistency. In my opinion, consistent action—even when you occasionally miss the mark—increases your chances of hitting your goals because repetition naturally fuels efficiency.

    My second choice would be relationships. I’ve experienced firsthand that knowing the right people can open doors that talent alone cannot; proximity is incredibly powerful.

    What about you? If you had to narrow it down to just two, what would they be and why? I’d love to hear your thoughts!

    I'd go with consistency and adaptability. Consistency is what keeps you moving when motivation fades, and in real estate especially, it's the small things done over and over that compound over time. Adaptability is just as important because markets change, financing changes, and even your investing strategy evolves. The investors I've seen do well aren't necessarily the smartest—they're the ones who stay in the game and adjust when conditions change. Happy to connect and answer any questions you have!
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.