Which way to go? Attached improvement or detached ADU?

Which way to go? Attached improvement or detached ADU?

Eric SyCipPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Anaheim, CA · Member since 2016 · 33 posts · 11 votes

I am a buy & hold investor. My current goal is to maximize the cash flow from existing properties while enhancing property valuation from any renovation work I might need to make in achieving the higher cash flow goal.

I am experimenting on the co-living (PadSplit) business model at one of the properties (3Bd/3ba SFR). My plans call for adding 2 more bedrooms & bathrooms (790 sq ft). I have plenty of room in the backyard.

What I need input on is: Which is the most beneficial method in increasing property value? The additional 790 sq ft as a detached stand alone ADU or as an extension to the existing home (increased footprint)? TIA!

0Reply
20 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.