What is one guilty pleasure you wish you didn't have?

5 Replies

I know a big population of bp's community are penny pinchers. I am one myself. But we all have one or two things we enjoy but can't quite justify to ourselves to spend that money. What is yours?

I personally HATE groupon. Why do they make it so easy for me to see great deals and to buy them with one-click? 2 seconds on my phone today and all of a sudden I am the owner of a new remote-controlled helicopter that turns my living room into a "do fly" zone. Argh I DON'T NEED THIS TOY! It's not like Amazon where I have to actively go search for stuff to buy. It comes to me with flashing pictures! 

hahahah.

My guilty pleasure is food! Not sure how much I've spent at tasty restaurants over the last 5 years, but it is A LOT!!!!

I've also had more than one toy helicopter! lol

How have you been @Nazz Wang  ? Been a while..!

I am in full agreement with @J Martin ... my guilty pleasure is certainly food. I love to try new restaurants, especially in new cities. When I'm in international cities, I always go for the local traditional dishes. For me, a perfect night out would be having one small plate in five different places, as opposed to one big meal at one place.

And I am reluctant to say, when I bought my nephew a toy helicopter, I bought myself one too. How could I say "No" to this: Flying Sphere?? 

I love Air Wick apple cinnamon scented air fresheners.  I buy them every month.

I do eat out at restaurants maybe 1-2 x per month but I wouldn't call that splurging.

Oh, I do have someone clean my house.  I shouldn't ... but I absolutely hate cleaning.

Originally posted by @Dawn Anastasi :

I love Air Wick apple cinnamon scented air fresheners.  I buy them every month.

I do eat out at restaurants maybe 1-2 x per month but I wouldn't call that splurging.

Oh, I do have someone clean my house.  I shouldn't ... but I absolutely hate cleaning.

Ok Dawn. You got me there too. While I do live relatively frugally, I have to add having someone clean my house as a guilty pleasure. I don't like cleaning either, and since she's already here for the Airbnb unit.. lol

Also, I did drop $15K on a European vacation last year, which is actually pretty modest for traveling through Western Europe for a month and half.. Used a lot of points and other deals, but..

FOOD, TRAVELING, AND HAVING OTHERS CLEAN MY APT ARE ALL MY GUILTY PLEASURES.

I spend way to many time TV watching instead of working on my blog or doing other useful investing things :) No "cost" except time waster.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.