What is one guilty pleasure you wish you didn't have?

5 Replies

I know a big population of bp's community are penny pinchers. I am one myself. But we all have one or two things we enjoy but can't quite justify to ourselves to spend that money. What is yours?

I personally HATE groupon. Why do they make it so easy for me to see great deals and to buy them with one-click? 2 seconds on my phone today and all of a sudden I am the owner of a new remote-controlled helicopter that turns my living room into a "do fly" zone. Argh I DON'T NEED THIS TOY! It's not like Amazon where I have to actively go search for stuff to buy. It comes to me with flashing pictures! 

I am in full agreement with @J Martin ... my guilty pleasure is certainly food. I love to try new restaurants, especially in new cities. When I'm in international cities, I always go for the local traditional dishes. For me, a perfect night out would be having one small plate in five different places, as opposed to one big meal at one place.

And I am reluctant to say, when I bought my nephew a toy helicopter, I bought myself one too. How could I say "No" to this: Flying Sphere?? 

Jon Huber, Real Estate Agent in New Jersey (#NRS0565737)

I love Air Wick apple cinnamon scented air fresheners.  I buy them every month.

I do eat out at restaurants maybe 1-2 x per month but I wouldn't call that splurging.

Oh, I do have someone clean my house.  I shouldn't ... but I absolutely hate cleaning.

Originally posted by @Dawn Anastasi :

I love Air Wick apple cinnamon scented air fresheners.  I buy them every month.

I do eat out at restaurants maybe 1-2 x per month but I wouldn't call that splurging.

Oh, I do have someone clean my house.  I shouldn't ... but I absolutely hate cleaning.

Ok Dawn. You got me there too. While I do live relatively frugally, I have to add having someone clean my house as a guilty pleasure. I don't like cleaning either, and since she's already here for the Airbnb unit.. lol

Also, I did drop $15K on a European vacation last year, which is actually pretty modest for traveling through Western Europe for a month and half.. Used a lot of points and other deals, but..

FOOD, TRAVELING, AND HAVING OTHERS CLEAN MY APT ARE ALL MY GUILTY PLEASURES.

I spend way to many time TV watching instead of working on my blog or doing other useful investing things :) No "cost" except time waster.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.