Poem I wrote about being a landlord

Poem I wrote about being a landlord

Rental Property Investor · Gothenburg, NE · Member since 2015 · 74 posts · 111 votes

I am blessed to be bored,

living life as a landlord.

Business is grand when everything’s slow,

that’s the time to be saving my dough.

No shortage of stunning problems to face,

still way better than running the rat-race.

Meeting some applicants at the units I show, leaves me shaking my head like ah hell no! Wondering when I will get paid all my rent,

then the sob stories all the money got spent.

Trying like mad to elude any feud,

back of my mind afraid to be sued.

Constantly looking for that next deal to buy, then getting outbid like a poke in the eye. Hours and hours of work on my phone,

talking to people but feeling alone.

But when things start to feel sour,

I just think of the dollars per hour!

27Reply
60 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Erie, PA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
6y

I like it! This is going to be a fun thread!

Become one of my tenants you will not
For I looked you up on Facebook and saw posts about pot

You're not moving in as I don't like that smoke
And I also saw that post about you being broke

I also looked you up on the court docket site
Goodness you must really love to fight

Battery, harassment and terroristic threats
Know who is better trained than you? My pets!

I like well-mannered tenants who pay on time
I'm the landlord Marshall Mathers oh watch how I rhyme

I admit we're not rappers but give me a break
Because on the bright side, we all have more street cred than Drake

So turn up the volume, do the landlord shuffle
And if you don't like my flow then let's kerfuffle



See this reply in the discussion

33 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Property Manager · NJ · Member since 2017 · 786 posts · 396 votes
    6y

    @Jerrad Shepherd tremendous! Thanks for sharing.

  • Rental Property Investor · Gothenburg, NE · Member since 2015 · 74 posts · 111 votes
    6y

    Thanks! It looks like the format got all messed up when I posted it but atleast it is all there I suppose.

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    6y

    cute and very true.. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Long Island, NY · Member since 2015 · 490 posts · 301 votes
    6y

    @Jerrad Shepherd First i laughed then i cried. Good stuff Happy Holidays.

  • Rental Property Investor · Gothenburg, NE · Member since 2015 · 74 posts · 111 votes
    6y

    Thanks Allan. You too!

  • Rental Property Investor · East Wenatchee, WA · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Jerrad Shepherd:

    I am blessed to be bored,

    living life as a landlord.

    Business is grand when everything’s slow,

    that’s the time to be saving my dough.

    No shortage of stunning problems to face,

    still way better than running the rat-race.

    Meeting some applicants at the units I show, leaves me shaking my head like ah hell no! Wondering when I will get paid all my rent,

    then the sob stories all the money got spent.

    Trying like mad to elude any feud,

    back of my mind afraid to be sued.

    Constantly looking for that next deal to buy, then getting outbid like a poke in the eye. Hours and hours of work on my phone,

    talking to people but feeling alone.

    But when things start to feel sour,

    I just think of the dollars per hour!

    Funny and true, Jerrad  2 thumbs up 👍👍

  • Rental Property Investor · Erie, PA · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    6y

    Very clever but a bit disappointing. Nothing about needles roaches bedbugs dead hookers or cleaning unending piles of trash and junk 

  • Rental Property Investor · Gothenburg, NE · Member since 2015 · 74 posts · 111 votes
    6y

    @Dennis M. I had several lines that I omitted. I wanted to give a glimmer of hope.😂

  • Handyman · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2018 · 5k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    6y

    I am inspired:

    There once was a landlord Nebraskan,

    Who thought he would make a great pitchman,

    For the real estate life,

    Which is so full of strife,

    It will cut a few years off your lifespan.

  • Rental Property Investor · Gothenburg, NE · Member since 2015 · 74 posts · 111 votes
    6y

    @Dennis M.

    Dirty *** tenants in my house,

    all surprised they saw a mouse.

    When the houses look real buggy,

    Blame yourself, for placing that druggy.

    Hooking for rent is all she can do,

    Made worse choices than me and you.

  • Rental Property Investor · Erie, PA · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Jim K.:

    I am inspired:

    There once was a landlord Nebraskan,

    Who thought he would make a great pitchman,

    For the real estate life,

    Which is so full of strife,

    It will cut a few years off your lifespan.

     There once was a man from P A

    A tired landlord named Jim K

    He made all his cash by cleaning up tenants trash

    And he still does to this day 

  • Rental Property Investor · Gothenburg, NE · Member since 2015 · 74 posts · 111 votes
    6y

    @Dennis M.

    We might as well address mold while we are at it.

    Tenants are bold to ***** about mold,

    Never got told, that caulking was old.

  • Investor · Richmond, VA · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    @Jerrad Shepherd,

    Great work!  Love your poem!

  • Rental Property Investor · Erie, PA · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    6y

    There once was a tenant on crack 

    Her values were all out of wack 

    Her rent was past due 

    And the landlord was through 

    So he tossed her out on her back 

  • Rental Property Investor · Gothenburg, NE · Member since 2015 · 74 posts · 111 votes
    6y

    I am pretty sure that Hallmark is going to start head hunting this forum for talent!

  • Rental Property Investor · Erie, PA · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    6y

    Jerrad had a  tenant on weed 

    But he had ten children to feed 

    Instead of the rent his money was all spent 

    So late in  the night he fleed 

  • Rental Property Investor · Erie, PA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    I like it! This is going to be a fun thread!

    Become one of my tenants you will not
    For I looked you up on Facebook and saw posts about pot

    You're not moving in as I don't like that smoke
    And I also saw that post about you being broke

    I also looked you up on the court docket site
    Goodness you must really love to fight

    Battery, harassment and terroristic threats
    Know who is better trained than you? My pets!

    I like well-mannered tenants who pay on time
    I'm the landlord Marshall Mathers oh watch how I rhyme

    I admit we're not rappers but give me a break
    Because on the bright side, we all have more street cred than Drake

    So turn up the volume, do the landlord shuffle
    And if you don't like my flow then let's kerfuffle



  • Rental Property Investor · Erie, PA · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    6y

    I knew a kind landlord named Lori 

    She fell for every tenants BS story 

    Her heart was so huge and she fell for the ruse 

    And now her account is so  sorry 

  • Handyman · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2018 · 5k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Dennis M.:
    Originally posted by @Jim K.:

    I am inspired:

    There once was a landlord Nebraskan,

    Who thought he would make a great pitchman,

    For the real estate life,

    Which is so full of strife,

    It will cut a few years off your lifespan.

     There once was a man from P A

    A tired landlord named Jim K

    He made all his cash by cleaning up tenants trash

    And he still does to this day 

    Talent does what it can,

    Genius does what it must.

  • Rental Property Investor · Erie, PA · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    6y

    I was promised on the first I’d get cash 

    But instead I’m stuck cleaning  his trash 

    He left in the night and that wasn’t right 

    His teeth I think I will smash 

  • Joe SplitrockPro Member
    Moderator
    Rental Property Investor · Sioux Falls, SD · Member since 2015 · 9k+ posts · 18k+ votes
    6y

    Ode to Slumlord @Dennis M.

    There once was a landlord named Dennis,

    who rented to crack whores as tenants.

    A slumlord he was,

    who cared less what she does.

    If the rent is on time,

    he overlooks any crime.

    Dead bodies and drugs,

    cockroaches and thugs.

    Tricks in the night,

    or bloody gun fight.

    His standards are low,

    as low as you go.

    There is no time for screening,

    the cash flow is weaning.

    With Dennis in charge and cash flow so large,

    there is no hope of anything changing.

  • Rental Property Investor · Erie, PA · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Joe Splitrock:

    Ode to Slumlord @Dennis M.

    There once was a landlord named Dennis,

    who rented to crack whores as tenants.

    A slumlord he was,

    who cared less what she does.

    If the rent is on time,

    he overlooks any crime.

    Dead bodies and drugs,

    cockroaches and thugs.

    Tricks in the night,

    or bloody gun fight.

    His standards are low,

    as low as you go.

    There is no time for screening,

    the cash flow is weaning.

    With Dennis in charge and cash flow so large,

    there is no hope of anything changing.


    thank you Joe that was beautiful ..it brought a tear to my eye actually .

  • Investor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2019 · 40 posts · 25 votes
    6y

    @Dennis M. @Jim K. @Joe Splitrock

    Such lovely poems 👏🏽

  • Rental Property Investor · Erie, PA · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    6y

    Oh no It’s that time to pay rent 

    But on crack rock my money was spent 

    Oh what will I do 

    My nightmare has come true 

    I guess I’ll go live in a tent ! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Erie, PA · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    6y

    My tenant just lost his job 

     he now sits around like a blob 

    The guy will not clean , why didn’t I screen?


    now I am stuck with this slob 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.