Just starting out! Rental Property Invester

12 Replies

Afternoon everyone!

My name is Aaron and I am an aspiring real estate invester located around Orlando, FL. My wife and I will be purchasing our first home here soon to live in, while we do some small rehabs before turning it into a rental property and repeating.

Just wanted to meet as many people as possible, get to know the market and of course learn as much as possible since we are just starting out.

Would appreciate and love to meet everyone around, look forward to talking soon!

Hi Aaron, welcome to BiggerPockets! There's a LOT to take in when you're getting started. Wanted to share that BiggerPockets is launching a 12 week Rookie Bootcamp in late August, with Ashley Kehr leading the way. She's the host of the Real Estate Rookie podcast. It'll be a mix of on demand videos, live Q&A sessions, and a step-by-step curriculum to help you get your next deal. Sharing in case it would be helpful to get the gears turning!

Originally posted by @Aaron Conner :

Afternoon everyone!

My name is Aaron and I am an aspiring real estate invester located around Orlando, FL. My wife and I will be purchasing our first home here soon to live in, while we do some small rehabs before turning it into a rental property and repeating.

Just wanted to meet as many people as possible, get to know the market and of course learn as much as possible since we are just starting out.

Would appreciate and love to meet everyone around, look forward to talking soon!

Welcome! there is a great community here on BP. There are several of us locals that will likely pop into this thread to say hello. We are all here to help in any way we can so feel free to reach out.  

Hi @Aaron Conner good to have you here in BP! Lots of help here in the forums from locals that are always willing to help out. Would love to talk about your strategy and game plan, how you are finding your deals and such. The market here is quite competitive as I'm sure you know.

I would suggest looking into CFRI.net as a great place to meet people and network. You will meet lots of great vendors, wholesalers, title, Realtors® and have access to tons of meet up groups and education. Good luck, Keep us posted!

@Shawn McCormick thanks so much! We are excited to get started. We should definitely chat sometime - we have a pretty solid plan but always room for learning and improvement.

We’re doing our best with just starting out and on a limited time scale but all seems to be proceeding apace so that’s good.

We look forward to attending a meeting and getting to network, especially for being new to this and the area (<3 years in FL) so we’re very excited to learn. Thanks again!

Hello Aaron, and welcome to the BP community! I'll be moving to Orlando with my wife as well in about a year, so I've been researching the market and connecting with others based near Orlando. We plan to house-hack a duplex. I'd love to connect!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you