Contacting an owner for a property you interested in?

Contacting an owner for a property you interested in?

Real Estate Agent · Carrollton, TX · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 1 vote

Hello! I'm working on my first flip. I bought the home wholesale.  There are two other homes on the same street that are abandoned and I would like to reach out to the owners to ask if they are interested in selling.  I've used the appraisal district and some other public sources to locate the owner of record, but I haven't found phone numbers.  Any suggestions on how best to reach out?  Where can I find an acquisition form letter? TIA

0Reply
20 views

Most Popular Reply

Kevin IveyPro Member
Flipper/Rehabber · Marysville, WA · Member since 2020 · 216 posts · 126 votes
2y

website truepeoplesearch.com  does really good free job of finding contact info. 

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Scottsdale Austin Tuktoyaktuk · Member since 2021 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Lori Hayward:

    Hello! I'm working on my first flip. I bought the home wholesale.  There are two other homes on the same street that are abandoned and I would like to reach out to the owners to ask if they are interested in selling.  I've used the appraisal district and some other public sources to locate the owner of record, but I haven't found phone numbers.  Any suggestions on how best to reach out?  Where can I find an acquisition form letter? TIA

    Have you looked to see where the taxes are mailed? It depends on how long the properties have been abandoned as to what you do. Talk to the mailman and see what he knows. As for acquisition form letter. You may mean a purchase & sale agreement? And of course you'll want a title report and to go through escrow. That's outlined at the link below, then the article "BuyaProperty". DM me if you can't find it.


  • Real Estate Agent · Carrollton, TX · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    2y
    Quote from @Account Closed:
    Quote from @Lori Hayward:

    Hello! I'm working on my first flip. I bought the home wholesale.  There are two other homes on the same street that are abandoned and I would like to reach out to the owners to ask if they are interested in selling.  I've used the appraisal district and some other public sources to locate the owner of record, but I haven't found phone numbers.  Any suggestions on how best to reach out?  Where can I find an acquisition form letter? TIA

    Have you looked to see where the taxes are mailed? It depends on how long the properties have been abandoned as to what you do. Talk to the mailman and see what he knows. As for acquisition form letter. You may mean a purchase & sale agreement? And of course you'll want a title report and to go through escrow. That's outlined at the link below, then the article "BuyaProperty". DM me if you can't find it.



     Thanks for the reply. Yes, I've checked. It's owned by an investment company. The house went through probate that finished late last year.  I'm asking if there is a letter people use to introduce themselves and start a conversation.  I wouldn't need a sales contract until I knew they were interestd in selling. 

  • Investor · Scottsdale Austin Tuktoyaktuk · Member since 2021 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Lori Hayward:
    Quote from @Account Closed:
    Quote from @Lori Hayward:

    Hello! I'm working on my first flip. I bought the home wholesale.  There are two other homes on the same street that are abandoned and I would like to reach out to the owners to ask if they are interested in selling.  I've used the appraisal district and some other public sources to locate the owner of record, but I haven't found phone numbers.  Any suggestions on how best to reach out?  Where can I find an acquisition form letter? TIA

    Have you looked to see where the taxes are mailed? It depends on how long the properties have been abandoned as to what you do. Talk to the mailman and see what he knows. As for acquisition form letter. You may mean a purchase & sale agreement? And of course you'll want a title report and to go through escrow. That's outlined at the link below, then the article "BuyaProperty". DM me if you can't find it.



     Thanks for the reply. Yes, I've checked. It's owned by an investment company. The house went through probate that finished late last year.  I'm asking if there is a letter people use to introduce themselves and start a conversation.  I wouldn't need a sales contract until I knew they were interestd in selling. 

    Your best bet is to call.
    For a phone call, I'd call and ask
    "Who is the contact in your company I should be talking to?"



    For a leter, I'd write

    Investment Company, Inc.

    Hi,
    Are you considering selling 1234 Main St?
    Who is the contact in your company I should be talking to?
    Thanks,

    Lori
    5678 Sage Brush Rd
    Carrollton, TX
    214-000-0000


  • Real Estate Consultant · Bloomfield, NJ · Member since 2010 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    @Lori Hayward

    First I wouldn't assume that the property is abandoned. You'll find that individuals who own property that you think are abandoned might find the term offensive. Almost like accusing someone of abandoning their child or pet when they had it.

    Second, I would just tell them that you're interested in buying the property. Do you research on the LLC investment Company by checking your state's database. That should tell you who the person is who controls the company.

  • Kevin IveyPro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Marysville, WA · Member since 2020 · 216 posts · 126 votes
    2y

    website truepeoplesearch.com  does really good free job of finding contact info. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.