Looking to Shadow a Local Investor on a Flip

Looking to Shadow a Local Investor on a Flip

Member since 2025 · 6 posts · 1 vote

Hi, I’m Aliya, an aspiring real estate investor in Orlando, FL, preparing for my first fix-and-flip project. I’m looking to shadow someone locally who’s actively flipping, so I can learn the process hands-on — from walkthroughs to contractor management to closing. I’m willing to help in any way I can — whether it’s running errands, assisting with numbers, or just observing. If you’re open to sharing your experience, I’d really appreciate the opportunity to learn from you. Let’s connect!

1Reply
34 views

Most Popular Reply

Jonathan GreeneBusiness Member
Real Estate Consultant · Madison, NJ · Member since 2016 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
1y

You find someone like the person you want to shadow by going to real estate investor meetups for 3-6 months and building relationships. How many investor friends do you have in your life? You want several before you start on your first fix-and-flip.

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jonathan GreeneBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Madison, NJ · Member since 2016 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    1y

    You find someone like the person you want to shadow by going to real estate investor meetups for 3-6 months and building relationships. How many investor friends do you have in your life? You want several before you start on your first fix-and-flip.

    • Member since 2025 · 6 posts · 1 vote
      1y
      Quote from @Jonathan Greene:

      You find someone like the person you want to shadow by going to real estate investor meetups for 3-6 months and building relationships. How many investor friends do you have in your life? You want several before you start on your first fix-and-flip.


       Will do thank you!

  • Shawn McCormickPro Member
    Realtor · Central Florida-Orlando · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 892 votes
    1y

    @Aliya Alexander-May Congrats on getting started. I would suggest going to REI meet ups to meet people and get to know them and how they work, what level of experience they have and if they can actually provide value to what you are looking for.

    I would also suggest you come to CFRI (Central Florida Realty Investors) meetings. We have trades that cater to investors, investors and educational meetups that will be a huge help in getting started. We have a "Flipping 101" and "Woman in Real Estate" specialty meetings as well as several others each month. 

    Let me know if you'd like to come to a meeting and I can send a pass. 

    Best of Luck

    • Member since 2025 · 6 posts · 1 vote
      1y
      Quote from @Shawn McCormick:

      @Aliya Alexander-May Congrats on getting started. I would suggest going to REI meet ups to meet people and get to know them and how they work, what level of experience they have and if they can actually provide value to what you are looking for.

      I would also suggest you come to CFRI (Central Florida Realty Investors) meetings. We have trades that cater to investors, investors and educational meetups that will be a huge help in getting started. We have a "Flipping 101" and "Woman in Real Estate" specialty meetings as well as several others each month. 

      Let me know if you'd like to come to a meeting and I can send a pass. 

      Best of Luck


       I messaged you thank you!

  • Insurance Agent · TX · Member since 2018 · 362 posts · 175 votes
    1y

    Hi @Aliya Alexander-May...My wife and I flip 10ish homes a year in Houston but moved to Orlando last August.  Once we do our first in FL I'd be happy to run numbers with you, share contacts, and you could walk the property etc

    • Member since 2025 · 6 posts · 1 vote
      1y
      Quote from @Matthew Rolf:

      Hi @Aliya Alexander-May...My wife and I flip 10ish homes a year in Houston but moved to Orlando last August.  Once we do our first in FL I'd be happy to run numbers with you, share contacts, and you could walk the property etc


       Thank you lets connect! Looking forward to it.

  • 12 Penns Trail Suite 138 Newtown, PA 18940 · Member since 2023 · 1k+ posts · 319 votes
    1y

    If you have any questions in regards to how financing works with fix and flips feel free to reach out anytime 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.