For Sale by Owner forms for lots, not houses

For Sale by Owner forms for lots, not houses

Gloucester Point, VA · Member since 2013 · 2 posts · 0 votes

What is the best, and cheapest, site on the internet where I can download the forms I need to sell land by owner?  I see lots of packages for selling a home, but I don't want to pay for lots of forms that I won't need.

0Reply
6 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Douglas LarsonPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2008 · 410 posts · 337 votes
    12y

    @Tiina Shackelford 

    Your state (Or the state where the land is) will likely have approved forms online in PDF format. A quick google search should find some. Of course, in most areas you can literally draw up the terms on a napkin and submit the signed agreement to a title company, but using your local approved purchase contract is often the easiest, along with local disclosure forms. 

    Any real estate agent can get you the blank forms but they are certain to ask you why you are not using an agent "for your protection" and also to get you "the best exposure and marketing strategy."

    I have worked with agents and also done FSBOs in California, Hawaii and Utah. In these states the purchase contracts can be very long documents and most of the verbiage appears to protect the brokers more than the buyers and sellers. Still, I usually use the standard forms because they are convenient for all parties.

    You can find a simple purchase contract HERE.

    BP is awesome for stuff like this. Use the search box in the upper right and anything you need is probably here somewhere . . .

    Have Fun and Make Your Own Luck!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.