Negotiation

Negotiation

Real Estate Investor · Chino, CA · Member since 2015 · 147 posts · 18 votes

I have a question re flipping a house? Do you prefer negotiating with the homeowner or do you prefer negotiating with the bank? Since I'm starting out I notice that when you negotiate with the homeowner they try to sell me the house more than what current market price is worth. When i go through the bank they are lot rational thinking and not as emotionally invested. Tell me what you guys think?

0Reply
6 views

Most Popular Reply

Contractor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
11y
Originally posted by @Jamal White:

I have a question re flipping a house? Do you prefer negotiating with the homeowner or do you prefer negotiating with the bank? Since I'm starting out I notice that when you negotiate with the homeowner they try to sell me the house more than what current market price is worth. When i go through the bank they are lot rational thinking and not as emotionally invested. Tell me what you guys think?

 Whichever puts the ink on the dotted line, at the right price.

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Contractor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Jamal White:

    I have a question re flipping a house? Do you prefer negotiating with the homeowner or do you prefer negotiating with the bank? Since I'm starting out I notice that when you negotiate with the homeowner they try to sell me the house more than what current market price is worth. When i go through the bank they are lot rational thinking and not as emotionally invested. Tell me what you guys think?

     Whichever puts the ink on the dotted line, at the right price.

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 677 posts · 309 votes
    11y

    Whoever and whenever someone puts money in your pocket first, that is it. Sometimes you find someone will waste allot of your time. Do what is efficient for you. 

  • Real Estate Investor · Chino, CA · Member since 2015 · 147 posts · 18 votes
    11y

    Thank you guys for the post

  • Real Estate Broker · Gibsonia, PA · Member since 2013 · 828 posts · 260 votes
    11y

    I 100% agree with last 2 poster.

    you never know. in my area bank is emotional and irrational too. seller may be desperate.

    I'm learning too, if it doesn't make sense move on, or come back later hope seller cools off

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.