Outside Sales Rep · Kingwood, TX · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 0 votes
Hello, I'm seeking effective methods for finding houses to flip. I see people putting small signs out and then people driving the streets to locate properties...
What is a tried and true method for locating houses to flip in a effective timely manner so that is can become a consistent income? Thank you in advance! I greatly appreciate any and all help.
Direct mail is my favorite method to find deals. While some other methods may be cheaper, I believe direct mail is the most time effective. I set up a campaign then wait for calls to come in.
Real Estate Broker · Cape Coral, FL · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
11y
We use three different methods. We use the MLS, direct marketing, and word-of-mouth.
The MLS is easy to find properties but your competition for those properties tend to be pretty high and sometimes you get several people bidding on them.
Direct marketing, we use craigslist with ads and we are about to venture into direct mailing. Although craigslist is free direct mailing is not. It does cost money to make the Mailing and then postage to get them to the customer. We also use word-of-mouth which has proven to be our most lucrative way of obtaining properties. People know who we are and what we do they tell their friends and we get contacts for properties that way. It doesn't cost us anything and it's effective. I don't think one alone would be able to sustain a business but with all three working together it has proven that work well.
Outside Sales Rep · Kingwood, TX · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 0 votes
11y
Micah / Adam, thank you guys very much for the feedback. I didn't take into consideration craigslist... That has a lot of potential especially since it's free. I'm going to look into the direct mailing option as that also sounds great.
I agree about the MLS, the competition is stiff... Thank you again. Your feed back is greatly appreciated.