Using discount gift cards for Home Depot & Lowes

Using discount gift cards for Home Depot & Lowes

Investor · Reston, VA · Member since 2011 · 683 posts · 191 votes

I have been purchasing discount gift cards for HD and Lowes and the savings have been substantial.  You can get a Lowes card at a 10% discount and HD at 7%.  If you combine this with the mover's package the savings can be up to 20%.  I pay for these cards with my 2% cash-back credit card.  I've had a very good experience with the vendor that I buy cards from.  They come electronically for added convenience.  I also use these cards for many purchases at various retailers, restaurants, etc.

I thought I'd throw this out there and apologize if this has already been discussed!

0Reply
257 views

Most Popular Reply

Specialist · Toronto, Ontario · Member since 2016 · 564 posts · 425 votes
10y

Where do you get these cards?

I had bought some HD cards from a guy at one point with discounts up to 25%.

I then found out he was getting these cards by getting people to steal small, valuable items from HD and then returning them for store credit. I stopped buying them when I found out.

There was also a guy selling  gas station gift cards for 10% discounts. I believe he was stealing credit cards and buying gift cards with them, then selling the gift cards with cash.

If there's a legitimate way to get the cards at a discount, great, but I wasn't willing to take the risk of buying from criminals.

See this reply in the discussion

27 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Durham, NC · Member since 2013 · 81 posts · 39 votes
    10y

    I have been able to consistently find lowes $10 off $50+ coupon codes online over the last year. The site I have used most recently is http://renovopower.com/lowes.html. I make an online purchase of approximately $50, pick it up in store for a savings of approx 20%. This is how I paid for tile. I bought $250 of tile in $50 increments, at $10 off per increment. The store staff was kind of confused that I had several orders of the same tile, being picked up at the same time. I have found this to be the easiest way to save through Lowes.

  • San Francisco, CA · Member since 2015 · 786 posts · 717 votes
    10y

    Lowes also stopped taking phone orders because of fraud. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.