Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2016 · 35 posts · 1 vote
In south Florida can I do some minor rehab work by my own?? Can anyone describe laws of Broward county, south Florida??
Is it advisable to work with licensed GC?? Or should I manage some rehab work by my own to save some bucks?? Its going to be my first flip.
Need some wise advice from local south Florida BP experts.
Komal
2014503009
My understanding is that you can do work on your own property even if it requires a permit. As a matter of fact, I have pulled my own permits and done the work of licensed contractors without having a license. This is considered legal, here in lee county and in other states that I have lived. There are different laws from city to city so you will want to check with your local regulations.
Rental Property Investor · Asheville, NC · Member since 2015 · 307 posts · 127 votes
10y
Wayne,
You are correct. Unless you are the owner occupant, you are not allowed to do ANYTHING short of writing the contractor's checks, and cleaning up after them.