yonkers 100+ year old renovation on a three family. looking for c

yonkers 100+ year old renovation on a three family. looking for c

Yonkers, NY · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 0 votes

Hello

Waiting to close on my first 3 family investment home  in yonkers. Looking forward to hearing from others with any advise on contractors, renovations on a 100+ year old home.

0Reply
7 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Bronx, NY · Member since 2016 · 115 posts · 21 votes
    10y

    @John Percoco

    Hi,

    I am interested in the Yonkers area preferably a 2 to 4 family property. i have been seeing some of the inventory via a agent who has been sending me info on certian multi families in Yonkers and the Bronx, 

    i am curious, the property you are waiting to close,

    was it on the mls?

    did you run the numbers ? if so do they show positive cash flow?

    are you planing to live in ? 

    i am looking into FHA, that is why i ask.

    also, how strong is the rental marker in that area ? 

    Thanks and congrats on the new property. can  you share photos ?

  • Yonkers, NY · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    hi.  No it was through word of mouth and did the deal myself.  Yes It definitely has posture cash flow. About 1000 to 1400 depending on how much rent I get.  

    I am doing the fha with 10 percent down.

    Decent area with good renters market.

    No photos saved as of yet. Actually going next week to the house to get some contractor to start bidding.

    I'm looking for more and someone with a good reputation to do the work.

    Hoped it help

  • Mount Vernon, NY · Member since 2016 · 86 posts · 16 votes
    10y
    John Percoco FHA you got with 10% down. Was that a first time homebuyer situation? I ask bc I bought a house fha 10 years ago and wondering if I'd qualify again. Congrats. Yonkers rents are good and the taxes are definitely better than where I am which is Mount Vernon.
  • Yonkers, NY · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    Hello.  Yes fha 10% down.  You can put less but I'm stuck with pmi for 10 yrs and 1.75 added to closing of purchase price.  Great rate of 3.2 though.  I looked in mt. Vernon for a house for the family but taxes are way high and schools are horrible. 

  • Yonkers, NY · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    Not sure if you can apply again but worth a shot

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.