Looking for advice from investors in orlando, fl.

Looking for advice from investors in orlando, fl.

Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 1 vote

I am a new investor and am looking for advice from other investors in the Orlando, Florida area.

Since we are looking to rehab properties and not being from the area we are not sure who are the reputable contractors and closing agents.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

0Reply
11 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2013 · 23 posts · 27 votes
10y
Hi! If I were you I'd definitely check out CFRI where you'll meet other investors there and get their feedback on contractors and Handyman. The best way to find people is to get referrals. CFRI also has a Facebook page. I'd also highly recommend Southeast Professional Title where Ryan Kopczyk works. He will help you get your deal closed and surpass any hurdles. Much success! Ps: Anywhere that the numbers make sense is a good area. I wouldn't stick to one particular city just follow where you find the deals. With that said... You mentioned Kissimmee. That's good however it is a little far so consider the drive time if you don't want to be too spread out not your properties too spread out.
See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Orlando, FL · Member since 2013 · 57 posts · 15 votes
    10y

    Hey @Dan Haaijema Contractors are hit and miss. Really it comes down to building a relationship with them. I've worked with really good reno teams and really bad ones. Right now, I've got a good crew together but every project is different. What areas are you looking in Orlando? Price points? 

  • Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2014 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Welcome to the community. I use "The Closing Agent" with Barry Miller. They are very good and used to dealing with investors. If you haven't done so already, I would suggest you join CFRI. Central Florida Real Estate Investors is a great REIA and a great source for building your team or getting good advice. Good luck.

  • Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Jared,thanks for the response. we are a out of state investor and not familiar with the area so we're not sure on where to start in Orlando. We have heard that kissimee is a good place. Any advice on that? Price points are 250000 max.

  • Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    jerry simmons, thanks for the great advice. I will look into the CFRI and go from there. 

    Thanks again,

    Dan

  • Apopka, FL · Member since 2014 · 183 posts · 23 votes
    10y

    Welcome to Bigger pockets and investing.  @Ryan Kopczyk at Southeast Professional Title is the only title agent you should use for your deals around Orlando.   Definitely investor friendly!!!!

  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2013 · 23 posts · 27 votes
    10y
    Hi! If I were you I'd definitely check out CFRI where you'll meet other investors there and get their feedback on contractors and Handyman. The best way to find people is to get referrals. CFRI also has a Facebook page. I'd also highly recommend Southeast Professional Title where Ryan Kopczyk works. He will help you get your deal closed and surpass any hurdles. Much success! Ps: Anywhere that the numbers make sense is a good area. I wouldn't stick to one particular city just follow where you find the deals. With that said... You mentioned Kissimmee. That's good however it is a little far so consider the drive time if you don't want to be too spread out not your properties too spread out.
  • Real Estate Brokerage/Vacation Homes/Short Term Vacation Home Rental Marketing · Orlando, FL · Member since 2013 · 159 posts · 127 votes
    10y

    Dan -

    If you're contemplating vacation rentals in Kissimmee, contact me, and I can send you information about them.

    Keith

  • Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Thanks keith, I will keep it in mind. I am looking at doing other deals to get comfortable and then I'll look into rentals

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.